Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Yuri

Votes: 38 64.4%

• Total voters

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
there is no such thing as gay...
only yuri or yaoi
or girls love (true name: yuri) or boys love.
ddb.png

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
yuri sex is just yaoi foreplay my dude. For gay anal you don't need to buy an additional pole to strap onto your hips. Both economical AND organically satisfying

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
:blob_evil_two:

I prefer yuri because the emotional aspect pulls at my heart strings. Along with the prettier faces and cuter interactions...It's pure bliss reading a rewarding yuri.

MerlyneHazel02

I don’t know what it is, but Yaoi over Yuri. Maybe it’s because I’m a girl, I don’t really care for girls love all that much, or imagining boobs and big butts. However! Boys love... *BREATHING INTENSIFIES* I get an attractive guy in love with another attractive guy. There might be abs. There might be long legs. I love seeing the physiques of males...The broad shoulders. The wide backs. The firm chest. The shape of the butt that’s so exquisite and different from girls’...I-it’s all so attractive and beautiful...:blob_drool: With boys love, I get 2x that!!!

G-Golly, I’m a huge pervert, but what'd I expect on this topic? :blob_happy:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
something not both partners can enjoy simultaneously especially if there is "seme uke" dynamic where one partner is never on the recieving end,
honestly, to me it sounds like you're describing BL quite well.

Maybe it’s because I’m a girl, I don’t really care for girls love all that much, or imagining boobs and big butts.
:blob_sir: You basically just boiled down a flipped version of the appeal of GL for many guys.

Also, to the person who described males as being "more gayphobic", i think that's quite exaggerating. it'd be more accurate to describe it as being dickphobic (penisphobic to be technical).

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Idk, every Yuri (manga) I started turned out boring or weird. I got some manga recommendations for good Yuri, but I didn’t got into it. Probably because the arts was not appealing enough to get over the slow start of the story. :blob_hmm:

Most Yaoi have a hooker right of the start, but Idk maybe I just grabbed the wrong stories? I do find Yuri couple in Yaoi novels cute though.

NixolasZinn

I prefer Yuri over Yaoi, but Yaoi is far more common to find in arts of literature that Yuri. Other than some people not handling how to find it well, the main issue is the lack of people who write the stories, and the ones you find are typically Genderbenders which is a turn off for some people. Yuri is an uncommon genre, and because it doesn't see much attention, it doesn't get much work, which in turn makes it fairly barren to find some.... it also sucks when authors drop it suddenly.... Plus there is one more thing, most Yuri is Contemporary.... if anyone can recommend any yuri in anything that doesn't take place in modern times, do recommend it to me. I'll check it out eventually

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Yuri. BL is very cookie-cutter and usually the dynamics are just a toxic straight relationship with extra steps. Plus, the sex is often very unimaginative because everyone thinks that a man with a dick is all you need for a good time - foreplay, creativity and thoughtfulness be damned.

If you really can't let go of your obsession with penises, there are always women who have those.

I'm also disillusioned with BL that prides itself on going against the grain of standard plots, yet still treats women like shit and doesn't examine how the behaviour of shitty male characters really fuels most of the crap going on in the plot.
I prefer yuri where harem members defy their prescribed roles and stand against the crappy male MCs, or where they toss aside society's expectations that women should always hate each other and support each other instead. That's when things really get interesting.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I think both Yuri and Yaoi can be entertaining depending on who writes it. I don’t think the toxicity of the relationship or believability of an antagonist has anything to do with either.
If the author can’t write believable side characters or a good plot, then that’s their problem. The genders of the main couple shouldn’t be associated with the quality. Though I can see how one could form a bad impression because of that. The majority of Yuri that I’ve read consists of:

Wow! I feel attraction to another female! That’s INCONCEIVABLE!!! Let’s have sex!

Either that or it’s just a boring, overly cliched love story except with two girls. And the same thing can, and definitely has, happened with Yaoi too.

The yaoi or BL that I read have plots that I find entertaining, and while I enjoy BL itself in the first place, I wouldn’t read it if the plot was boring.

I myself haven’t found any Yuri that matches my taste in plots (*cri cri*(well actually there is one that I think is really good)) so I naturally prefer BL. At the end of the day, if you enjoy Yaoi solely for the sake of it being Yaoi, then you’ll always prefer Yaoi, and vice versa.

I suppose what I’m saying is, the genres of both Yuri and Yaoi shouldn’t all be put into one box. There’s Yuri that’s much better than Yaoi, and Yaoi that’s much better than Yuri.

But if we’re throwing the whole, ‘depends on the plot’ idea out the window and the question is asking whether you prefer women in love or men in love, then fuck it, Mo Dao Zu Shi is the shit.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Well, I personally only read BL and no GL but I still wouldn't say that one is objectively 'better' than the other. Even in BL, there are books I enjoy a lot and ones that I'd throw into the trashcan without looking back. It just depends on the story.

In regards to this:
Males are also more gayphobic in my personal opinion.
Also, to the person who described males as being "more gayphobic", i think that's quite exaggerating. it'd be more accurate to describe it as being dickphobic (penisphobic to be technical).
Nobody asked but I'm just gonna throw in that there's actual research on this. While there are differences in age groups (younger people being more accepting than older people in general), there is actually a difference between the acceptance of LGBT+ people by men and women. On average, women are more accepting but they tend to accept gay men more than they accept lesbians. Men, on the other hand, are slightly more accepting of lesbians (sometimes more than women are) than of gay men (where they are often, unfortunately, unaccepting by a much larger degree than women).

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Which is better, [Branch of Shoujo A] or [Branch of Shoujo B]?

Does that sound like a dumb question? Because that's what the OP just asked. It is a dumb question.

Whichever is written better wins. Both genres are honestly pretty similar as both have their roots on shoujo, but with a small twist. All you need is a good author to make it shine.

HJ

Yaoi still. I don't like imagining a bearded ax wound. Sorry not sorry.