• Scribblehub

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Webnovel

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
All of them are full of speds.

Though least Scribble Hub isn't full of Chinese narcs or wannabe art critics that can give criticism, but sure as hell can't take it, and artistic expression can actually be expressed here; though there is definitely a tag algorithm that will always rake in views like no other stories.

I will admit though the amount of low tier stuff on Royal Road is very minimal, and the stories are fairly decent. Even if it is chock full of litRPG.

As for Webnovel? I rather pull out my wisdom teeth with pliers.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Now post this poll on Royal Road and Webnovel to see what the results are over there.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Does anyone here genuinely like wattpad? I tried to use it some time ago, but the navigation on the website seemed kinda bad
Funny that you say that, I recently tried wattpad and in my second attempt, succeeded in getting my own fan base! I honestly like wattpad a bit better because of how active the readers are. I’ve gotten over one hundred comments from one chatty reader. It was a fun experience. I read all of them and replied to some. I don’t regret going there. If you want active readers with little to no standards of literature, go to wattpad. It’s below even scribblehubs standards but also creates a nice environment for beginner writers.
I don't know man. I tried using it and thought it was pretty bad.
That’s fair, I’d honestly say the experience varies from person to person. My genre worked well because that community is tight-knit. But other broader genres, such as adventure or fantasy may have it harder to stick it’s landing. I had luck and also experience because I used to use wattpad constantly. So I know how other readers mostly are. But yeah, good for you for trying it.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Does anyone here genuinely like wattpad? I tried to use it some time ago, but the navigation on the website seemed kinda bad
I don't know man. I tried using it and thought it was pretty bad.
Wattpad has seen some success stories where some stories have been adapted into paperbacks and movies. Supposedly it also has licensing deals with book publishers, but that's about it.

D

Deleted member 57675

Quality? I think Royal Road
Community? Probably Scribble Hub
Webnovel? IDFK, it seems to be quite popular
Almost wanted to add trivago to this. Too much time reading yourube comments ah~

Temple

Better for the normal author?

RoyalRoad - Many say this is a harsh place, and yes compared to Scribblehub. But RR is pretty mellow now compared to before. Years ago, when SH still wasn't around, RR is a very, very harsh, and we writers there were fine with it. If you want to better your writing skills go there. If you're going to try something new, all of the choices suck because all sites have their preferences, but I'd still recommend RR. Below the high lists, there are many non-litrpg stories that thrive with many readers. I managed to survive there, but it's very hard so go there only if you have the resolve.

Scribblehub - very chill place, mostly friendly people. Relaxing. Quiet place too. My SH readers are 1/3rd that of RR but I only have 1/10 the amount of ratings received compared to RR. So not a place for feedback usually. A couple of years ago, I'd suggest SH to try writing something new, however, right now, my personal assessment is that SH is even more homogenous than RR in the sense that non-mainstream stories in SH have less survival chances compared to RR. The power of popular tags here in SH is very strong.

Webnovel - Lol. Non contracted stories get buried there. No visibility. Not sure how a new story without a contract can survive. The remaining uncontracted ones that still thrive are already established.

Wattpad - Also visibility issues. A lot of Wattpad people have moved to RR actually, which is one of the reasons why RR choices (other than the top lists) are more varied now because Wattpad people migrated there.

D

Deleted member 57675

Hate how it has become but may go back there. SH caters to different audience and genres not really interested in writing on, save a few.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I get more readers here (like, a whole 5 of them more, wow, I won't eat them all at once) despite posting on RR more. At the moment I haven't made up my mind where I like better. Wattpad, not tried. Tempted by Inkitt. I don't write litRPG or isekai so I'm probably screwed on RR anyway. Nobody seems to want to read something based in Celtic/Ancient British lore.

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
I get more readers here (like, a whole 5 of them more, wow, I won't eat them all at once) despite posting on RR more. At the moment I haven't made up my mind where I like better. Wattpad, not tried. Tempted by Inkitt. I don't write litRPG or isekai so I'm probably screwed on RR anyway. Nobody seems to want to read something based in Celtic/Ancient British lore.
Sounds interesting, is it strongly fantasy?

InfantryTerminator

Because it's custom tag based. It isn't that bad when you're get into it.

The visibility is good and difficulty bar low. My first story is hitting 500k reads this years

Akasora

Like most people already said RR is better quality wise because rating over there is more relevant. SH is more beginner friendly. WN is...
I have a strong opinion on letting authors control reviews without any oversight.

bulmabriefs144

Royal Road, Scribblehub, or Webnovel?
Webnovel sucks.

So my friend (former friend, it seems like) uses Webnovel. His book is locked to regular people after chapter 51, and then obscured from sight entirely after chapter 97 (you need an app to preview). So basically, there's some kinda limit to viewing after a certain number of chapters, and you have to sign in? If not for the fact that I am also allowed to use my email (many websites think everyone has gmail, but uhhhh no I have protonmail, and no longer at all connected to Google), I'd probably be unable to read his novel. Also, I can't get apps. No smartphone.

Gonna pass on Royal Road too, though they seem better than Webnovel. Something about Premium membership.

Also SH is my initials, so yeah, I fully approve!