Writing Which is your favourite POV and why???

Which is your favourite POV?

• First Person

• Second Person

• Third Person

Results are only viewable after voting.

PandaSempai

Not everyone is able to properly jump into the shoes of the character they are writing to deeply imagine how their mind would work and start describing every scene from their eyes while considering all the possible reactions, etc., so there's nothing wrong with sticking to other narrations.

My writing style is quite wordy, so personally I don't find it that difficult, but on the other hand that can also be a bad thing, since there's a lot of dialogue and internal monologue in my 1st person work. Not a lot of people like the story where it's mostly talking.
Yes. I specially hate first person POV because of my bad experience with Japanese LNs. Lots of characters likes to completely go off tangent and talk just about everything! It's so annoying to read, honestly.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
3rd is the easiest to write but 1st gives more room for giving the narrator a personality

D

Deleted member 29448

I really like writing in 3rd person omnipotent. I find it much easier than the others and am more experienced in that. Though, I do want to try first person some time

Maple_Mrch

I write all my draft in 3rd POV. Because, writing a scene when imagining myself as a camera is easier for me.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I normally go for third person (omnipotent). Even as a reader, I kind of dislike the first person PoV and often don't read books just for that, so it would be kind of strange to use that for writing. What I like about the 3rd person PoV is the flexibility it gives me. I normally write rather plot-heavy stuff with lots of different characters that will all have their role in the overall storyline that kind of happen at the same time so being able to switch from one side of the world to the other easily is important to me. Also, this is the PoV that IMO allows for including short explanations the best without it feeling too jarring so that's another plus for me (I also happen to like having lots of backstory and worldbuilding).

Surprise

I like third person POV is the best for the comedy Genre and you can develop the plot and writing with ease, while the writing will still good and easy to the readers.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I like doing first person because it makes it easier to blend internal monologue with descriptions. Everything your character observes, you get to add in their take on it as it comes.

However, I like third person as it allows me to write in a more objective way with more precision and accuracy. I can tell the reader exactly what is happening.

DubstheDuke

Well, while I think that first person has it's own unique benefit of being able to show the thoughts of a character as you follow them around through their journey, I would have to say that third person is the master race of POV.
It's simple really. In third person you can say things that you wouldn't be able to say from a first person perspective. I personally like doing a lot of narration in my writing, and the entire style of narration would be completely different if told from a first person perspective. It can still be done, but it would have to be tailored a ton for it to make sense.
Furthermore, you can reveal things without a reason if you take 3rd person omnipotent. And by that I mean, you can say things without anyone questioning 'Why does this person know that?', since it is not a person- but rather the author, speaking. You also can hide things or hint to them without really explicitly stating them. Basically, it's just a whole lot more workable as a perspective.
Also, you're allowed to write the thoughts of people- and not just one character, but all the characters, to get your viewers inside their heads. In first person you wouldn't be allowed to do this.
Once again, there are still ways to do this in first person, but it is a lot more complex and roundabout.

Gakemikazuchi

After reading OP's story I now know that I don't like 2nd person.

It gets irritating, constantly reading "you" multiple times in a single paragraph burns the word out quickly. I.e it starts sounding weird/irritating. The first few times were fine with me, but after a few more chapters, I gave up, it just sounds so weird to me.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I prefer first person, it brings you closer to the feelings of the character. The downside is that if the person reading can't relate to the character, then it'll be a more painful read. But the upside is if they can relate, 1st person is much more immersive.

FaustVoncleave

I prefer third person omnipotent, because I think it's the best at world building since you're not limited to only what the character knows. Close second is first person, I feel it's better for more character driven stories and it makes you feel connected to the character. Only reason I prefer third person omnipotent to first person is because I enjoy learning about the worlds and systems a lot. Not really a fan of third person limited, it's like a less intimate first person to me. I never really see second person in written works, usually only in video games.

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
For stories driven with characters like romance and stuff, I would go for either first person or third person limited. First person narration allows you to show the characters’ motive in an intimate way.
Third person limited can achieve the same with far more flexibility to choose between many characters.
For stories driven with plot and world, I would go for the Third omniscient. It’s much more practical to filter everything through Godlike narrator’s eyes, giving more flexibility in shifting the focus of the story.
That's just how I want to write :D

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
I love 2nd person and its a shame that not many writers choose to write in it... Your POV doesn't change your story but it does change the way your reader percieves it and 2nd person imo lets the reader(((but mainly me))) let themselves indulge in the story more fully and provides an easier submersion into the mind of the character...

Also be sure to reccomend me 2nd person storys...
I don't think most people would want to feel like stalkers writing in a diary/journal about the the person they're perceiving. jokes aside.

I'm a new writer and I'm finding 3rd POV to be my comfy spot, regardless of the characters gender. for me doing 3rd person POV I feel like I can write more like you can write more doing 2nd person POV, I would like to do 1st person POV but find it hard to write, always get stuck in mind fog ಠ╭╮ಠ