Which mammal meat is a better substitute for lamb?

Which mammal meat is a better substitute for lamb?

• Pig

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Cow

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've decided that I'm going to bastardize a lamb curry recipe with meat from a different mammal since lamb is expensive and difficult to find in stores near me. I was originally thinking beef, but then my dad suggested pork. Now, I can't decide. Decide for me, please. I'm looking at an Indian recipe with a lot of turmeric if that helps.

Redemit

Yes, go into your backyard and hunt yourself some fresh venison.
I don't know about you or anyone else here but where I live you can totally do that but I mostly just get my Venison from my brother he hunts more then I do or my oldest brothers wife she always seems to have some deer and bear meat in her freezer

Last edited:

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
Bang bang.
Mhkmmm hmmm, bushbusck, kudu, nyala, blouwildebess biltong.. hmm hmmm.. m... sustenance.
I-
What

I don't really cook much so this isn't really reliable. I think that pig meat tends to be a bit softer because, well, pork, and I think that cow meat tends to be a bit tougher, like steak and the like. I think that the choice is really dependent on how long you cook the lamb meat. If you simmer it for a long time, it's probably better to use the pig meat, vise versa for the cow meat.
Again, not reliable, should I say, that you should, should take it with a pinch of... salt? :blob_teehee:

TotallyHuman

I don't know about you or anyone else here but where I live you can totally do that but I mostly just get my Venison from my brother he hunts more then I do or my oldest brothers wife she always seems to have some deer and bear meat in her freezer
But isn't bear inedible? It is full of parasites or smth, iirc

Redemit

But isn't bear inedible? It is full of parasites or smth, iirc
It's edible most just don't know how to properly cook it so most don't like the way it tastes thankfully after my sister-in-law got her first one like 2 years ago she asked other more experienced bear hunters how best to prepare the meat I don't know all the recipes she has but her bear stew was delicious 😋