Which Names Seems Better?

Which Title Sounds Best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I'm about to post a LitRPG and I have two names that I'm stuck on concerning what the title will be.

Saeculum Novum or Innovatus Mutabilis. Which sounds best to you guys? Gonna put it in a poll.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I know it's not really like this, but innovatus just makes me think of innovation except with an "us" at the end which is dumb because that's what I do for names.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Innovatus sounds better than Saeculum
Maybe because it reminds me of a summoning spell for some reason while Saeculum sounds more like a prayer
That's where my head went to when I saw those words

Bokuboy

I'm about to post a LitRPG and I have two names that I'm stuck on concerning what the title will be.
Saeculum Novum or Innovatus Mutabilis. Which sounds best to you guys? Gonna put it in a poll.

Don't be insulted when I say that neither title makes me want to look at the novel.

If you want a suggestion, use English words. It gets the point across and people understand it, rather than trying to guess from gibberish.
(Yes, I know it's Latin. It's still gibberish to anyone that doesn't know that or doesn't want to bother trying to look them up 😏)

Bokuboy

Innovatus sounds better than Saeculum. Maybe because it reminds me of a summoning spell for some reason while Saeculum sounds more like a prayer
That's where my head went to when I saw those words

You have a duplicate quote under your Spoiler Quote tag (the second and third one are the same).

Discount_Blade

Don't be insulted when I say that neither title makes me want to look at the novel.

If you want a suggestion, use English words. It gets the point across and people understand it, rather than trying to guess from gibberish.
(Yes, I know it's Latin. It's still gibberish to anyone that doesn't know that or doesn't want to bother trying to look them up 😏)
Perhaps but I'm still sticking with these two. Did you vote though?

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I'd go with Saeculum. You might as well name it Innovative Mutation if you choose the second one. Then again, it's your book, so do whatever sounds coolest to you.

Lazy_Acorn

Although I don't understand anything, I think the first one seems cooler.

Depends on what it is about but I like the first one better.
The first one sounds really magicy while the second one sounds magicy too but with a focus on invention and alchemy. Innovatus sounds like innovation so I cant really shy away from thinking innovation. They both are titles that would make me click on to find more about though.

Kaguro

Neither really gives me any idea about what the novel is. Which is fine I suppose, because other novels have weird names too.

The first one is better though, because 'innovatus mutabilis' is too close to actual words in English which makes the name sound like gibberish rather than latin/roman.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
If I had to vote, I'd go for Innovatus. I learned from a publishing class that you catch attention better with words that are easy to read. I do agree with the others though. I'd rather it be in English.

Discount_Blade

If I had to vote, I'd go for Innovatus. I learned from a publishing class that you catch attention better with words that are easy to read. I do agree with the others though. I'd rather it be in English.
Neither really gives me any idea about what the novel is. Which is fine I suppose, because other novels have weird names too.

The first one is better though, because 'innovatus mutabilis' is too close to actual words in English which makes the name sound like gibberish rather than latin/roman.
Depends on what it is about but I like the first one better.
The first one sounds really magicy while the second one sounds magicy too but with a focus on invention and alchemy. Innovatus sounds like innovation so I cant really shy away from thinking innovation. They both are titles that would make me click on to find more about though.
Neither of them.
Although I don't understand anything, I think the first one seems cooler.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Really appreciate it.

I'd go with Saeculum. You might as well name it Innovative Mutation if you choose the second one. Then again, it's your book, so do whatever sounds coolest to you.
Thanks again!

Discount_Blade

Well since as of now, Saeculum Novum is in the lead, I should probably mention that in English, it means "A New Century".

shiopan

Well since as of now, Saeculum Novum is in the lead, I should probably mention that in English, it means "A New Century".
yeah maybe you should. I chose the first one, but it feels like a biology exam I did in high school lmao, I have no idea with either options but the first one sounds more right.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

'-'
I guess it depends on what the story is going to be about.
Atm, I personally don't like either.

I'll need to think more on it.

X