Which novel would you rather read?

Which novel would you rather read? (see post below for further details)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I'm thinking of writing a story and would like to know which ones would actually interest you the most. The options are:
  • Slice of Life/adventures of an elf and her pet dog a reincarnated bipedal female wolf. Set in a fantasy world with magic, although not a very standard fantasy world.

• VRMMO turned reality, male MC plays tamer class and dabbles in crafting. The now reality game world is highly realistic, without status boxes and numbers(i.e. Not LitRPG). Slice of life/adventure.

• Classic setup of hero summoning to fight off the Demon King. A slightly perverted hero and his very degenerate older sister get summoned. However, the MC is not the hero but the foxkin shrine maiden who did the summoning.
Comments on why you love/hate an idea are welcome, and suggestions for minor changes to the ideas are also welcomed.

Also, I need help with coming up with a better title.

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
As I always say. Depends.
Which does the elf to live? the reincarnator was female before? was a random OL or a more specific job? or was too young? gamer or not?

The VRMMO turned reality is in the real world or just realistic? is there a final boss and fight against something something for your life or humanity or just life as is. How serious is the story?

The hero and sister are OP cheats or needs to grow stronger the hard way? (the game like way or fucking hard game like way?)

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I'm not interested in reading stuff with a male protagonist, nor a story about having to babysit a grating asshole. So to the elf and the wolfgirl goes my vote.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Which does the elf to live? the reincarnator was female before? was a random OL or a more specific job? or was too young? gamer or not?
Not sure what the first question is asking. Were you asking what does the elf do to live? If so, then she's not an adult yet, so nothing. The reincarnator was a female before, recently graduated and worked as a waitress for a brief amount of time. Her previous occupation doesn't really affect the story though. I wouldn't consider her a gamer.

The VRMMO turned reality is in the real world or just realistic? is there a final boss and fight against something something for your life or humanity or just life as is. How serious is the story?
The VRMMO is in a real world. It's slice of life/adventure, so there really isn't a final boss, nor a something that if not dealt with, will be the end of the world or anything. The story is not that serious, although there are a few serious moments.

The hero and sister are OP cheats or needs to grow stronger the hard way? (the game like way or fucking hard game like way?)
They are OP cheats. The story is actually supposed to be comedic, and not really that focused on beating bad guys, since the heroes are OP and most fights end really fast.

Feel free to ask more questions if it matters. I didn't want to paste a three page outline for each, since I doubt many would want to read that.

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
Yeah, now I see I didn't put the "do" in the first question.
Already knew the last one was comedic, just wanted to know if the shrine maiden was gonna help them grow and win or just get astonished and do other things.
I do rather read the first or the third one than another live like a game without doing anything nearly relevant. So thats my opinion.

Nixil

Could you post the outlines under spoiler buttons anyway?
I feel that the 'elf and the reincarnated wolf' would be the most difficult one, but it certainly is the most interesting one as the others are kind of generic (?).
From what I can currently tell, they all lack a core narrative direction. In other words is their an end goal for the stories?
The descriptions can only tell so much, it all depends on how well you write them.

Yuri subplots are easy to add (?). For example if the third premise was darker:
*cough*

The shrine maiden is secretly in love with the princess, but sadly it was taboo in their culture. One day a blood stained letter arrives in the kingdom asking for the princesses head. Learning that it was from the demon king they had no other choice.
Upon learning this the shrine maiden gave up her future life, leaving her with only a few months left to live, to summon the heroes of legend. Two heroes were summoned, a boy and girl, to do battle with the demons.

Journeying forth, the heroes accompanied with the shrine maiden faced many trials. Sadly the boy succumbed to 'diseases' due to his frequent debauchery. The girl died heroically charging into a giant army of ferocious demons, leaving the shrine maiden stranded in the harsh wastelands.

On her final days she sees people in the distance and to her surprise it was the princess with an entourage of grim faced knights, but she understood why.
She had failed and they will both die soon.
On that night she confessed her love and many tears were shed. All to soon this bitter story ends.

Yeah I just had to write that here, sorry.

Last edited:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Then the one without the male lead/protagonist, meaning the first one: elf and wolf.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
if the first one is full yuri/GL then that one.

if no yuri in any, none.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
But instead of pandering to miscellaneous people, who may or may not read your story even if they say their preferred option, why not write the story you have the most enthusiasm and vision for? Surely one of the stories must intrigue you more or you might have more ideas for one? If you only had fickle interest in writing these stories then re-rolling your premises again would be a good idea right?

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Ah yes, the good ole'
"I can't decide between these three options."
"Lmao just pick one."

Every single thread where there's a poll someone says this. It gets old.

I think, a twist to these concept might be interesting.

An Elf reincarnated as a Wolf in a beast kingdom and started to acknowledge their fursona.

Reality turned to a VRMMO (this is what I wanna read, the other way sounds generic). Where you can get exp and rewards by slaving in work and other stuff. Japan's office workers has the highest ranking. The MC climbed up the ranks by being a NEET.

Shrine Maiden messed up the Hero Summoning and sent the entire kingdom to Earth. Instead of fighting the Demon King, they fought Winnie the Pooh.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
But instead of pandering to miscellaneous people, who may or may not read your story even if they say their preferred option, why not write the story you have the most enthusiasm and vision for? Surely one of the stories must intrigue you more or you might have more ideas for one? If you only had fickle interest in writing these stories then re-rolling your premises again would be a good idea right?
I plan to (eventually) write them all, the question is which to write first, hence the poll. Not to mention that two of the stories actually overlap slightly.

a twist to these concept might be interesting.
The all have twists, to some degree, it's just that revealing them would be a big spoiler....

Could you post the outlines under spoiler buttons anyway?
*looks at my outlines. Definitely not publishable. I'll probably type up an abridged mostly spoiler free version later.
From what I can currently tell, they all lack a core narrative direction. In other words is their an end goal for the stories?
The descriptions can only tell so much, it all depends on how well you write them.
There are goals that appear and get completed, but not an "end goal" in the sense that once that goal is achieved, the story is done. That way, the story doesn't drag on forever.
Yuri subplots are easy to add (?).
Not planning to add yuri subplots just to have yuri. Either no yuri or yuri all the way.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
I'm not really a picky reader and as long as there's not tragic/tragedy thingy on those novels I would read all of them

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I actually misread the prompt the first time I looked at this.

I saw:
slightly perverted hero

And then immediately rejected it, but then looked at it later and realized it was the foxkin POV.

XD I can't turn down a foxkin!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't get you people who voted for the other options.