Which Trope Are You Most Tired of Seeing?

forli

The 'humas suck' trope. Making humans be both an inferior race that's weaker than any of the other fantasy races (which makes them the underdogs that is natural to root for) and making them arrogant and evil at the same time. Words cannot describe how much I've come to hate this trope.

It's the main reason I decided to stop reading stories in scribble hub, because this crap is everywhere, and there's no point in reading a story if I know that all I'll get out of it is getting angry.

Dieter

the Writer
Highly-incompetent enemies, because the trope doesn't have its intended effect on me: which is to make the mc appear highly skilled and proficient on one thing or the other.

And many more tropes too, but I don't think its the tropes that makes a story bad. If a story does nothing new or interesting or doesn't go beyond the tropes, then its not really the tropes fault then.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
On a serious note:

I hate the tall handsome protagonist trope. That is the main character is not only good at everything but also good looking. Happens in all the Chinese novels where the MC not only steals the women from his rivals but has multiple beautiful women at the same time. I also don't like the protagonist who is too morally hypocritical and also can't acknowledge his own hypocrisy (which is very often because a lot of writers don't think deeply about their characters).

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
I hate ‘flower vase’ fmcs, AKA 90% of all CN novels + I slightly dislike most tower ascension books, they’ve gotten insanely boring and are all the same at this point lol

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
the one i hate the most is the infamous look how im so weak, but AHA! im strong u were wrong now see how im become the strongest...

this one troupe is so dumb, like everybody must be under an illusion to not see the potencial of the person, or have room temperature QI not to have thought how to inovate with the mc skill, its really rare to find one of these that is trully well written

Daitengu

Overkill revenge. Cultivation novel mc has his allies attacked and a friend dies by the leaders of a realm. In revenge he kills off the opposing realm down to every man, woman and child. And this is a novel NOT labeled villainous MC.

Harem. Cause they all become trophy wives with a sad background that get white knighted, then just follow the MC like a dog without their own independent dreams.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
There are two I hate about equally, for similar reasons. "Bad guys" who are utterly brainless but supposedly big bad scary people. If you can be outsmarted by a child and your entire empire taken down by one person with ease, you probably wouldn't have ever gotten to that position. Likewise, I hate ancient beings/deities that are unintelligent and foolish. Even if they aren't the brightest, being around for practically forever means building up quite a bit of experience and wisdom, which can offset it significantly. Instead I often see random dude #8251 outsmarting gods and ancient dragons with ease.

SailusGebel

Speed\agility is better than brute strength. Because it's bullshit a lot of times. But whenever it's not bullshit, agility is clearly op and superior, yet characters and worldbuilding try to convince readers that it's not. So, basically, the author tries to mask the plot armor.

I think I summoned Jemini with this rant. Soon I will see a reply that consists of four-five beefy paragraphs explaining how I'm wrong because I'm not someone who did martial arts.

PancakesWitch

The 'humas suck' trope. Making humans be both an inferior race that's weaker than any of the other fantasy races (which makes them the underdogs that is natural to root for) and making them arrogant and evil at the same time. Words cannot describe how much I've come to hate this trope.

It's the main reason I decided to stop reading stories in scribble hub, because this crap is everywhere, and there's no point in reading a story if I know that all I'll get out of it is getting angry.
ok human supremacist