Which upcoming 2019 game releases are you most excited for?

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hey y'all, the year of 2019 is close to hitting that summer mark so you know what that means! Lots and lots of game releases combined with the steam summer sale and all that good stuff!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what everyone was anticipating the most for release. Here's a link to a list I found by googling if you wanna check out some. I would love to learn about more games that I can also get on the hype train for.

Just finished playing KH3, and like a little baby, I cried because I'd been waiting so many years for it and I seriously love all the characters. (Axel/Lea is my favorite, he's just a small ginger bb who wants to save his friends).

But now that I'm done with KH3, I'm mostly excited for is Death Stranding which has a possible 2019 release date since Hideo Kojima said he'd release it before the 2020 Olympics but yanno how big games go. Plus I love Norman Reedus in the Walking Dead, so I was super excited to see him in something else. Was sad that the Silent Hill game he was collaborating on never came to light! Oh, and also Ori and the Blind Forest's sequel--- Ori and the Will of the Wisps! The first game had me sobbing like a child (yeah I know, I cry a lot), and the game was so beautiful and the music was fantastic, so I can't wait.

Here's the trailers for both games:

I was also initially super hyped up for Anthem by EA because the E3 trailer looked SO GOOD, but then it kinda got really bad reviews and now I'm unsure if I want to get it anymore so I might wait and see how it goes.

Let me know below what games you guys are looking forward too! Maybe I'll find something else to be excited about too :blob_melt:

Lukha

mother of all ships
No excitement needed, what I want already came out. The Exodus has begun....
I got Metro Exodus for my PS4, but I haven't played it yet. Haven't played any of the other ones either, but the E3 trailer looked really good, so I bought it. :blob_uwu: Let me know what you think about it if you get around to playing or finishing the game!

Ongoingwhy

I am not sure if they'll release in 2019 but I am excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and Nioh 2. :blobthumbsup:

Lukha

mother of all ships
I am not sure if they'll release in 2019 but I am excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and Nioh 2. :blobthumbsup:
OOOOH Just checked out a few videos on Cyberpunk 2077, and it looks really good! The animation style and colour palette is right up my alley and the voice acting is ooof, much better than a lot of other games I've seen. Since it's a singleplayer, I'll probably get it on PS4. Was reading up on some of it and people don't think it'll come out till 2020 or so :sweating_profusely: But if it's as good as it looks, then I don't mind waiting for it! (If you've ever played OW, the main character gave me major Sombra vibes!)

I've never played Nioh but I think I've seen some gameplay. It looks very hack-slash and reminds me of games like Bloodborne (which I've also never played but have a friend who used to stream it a lot). The Japanese setting looks really cool though! Just watched the E3 trailer and it didn't give much away about the gameplay, so I don't know if I'll be too interested in playing it but I probably would watch someone play it.

HonestMistake

Okay, Cyberpunk DOES look really good, but because it looks so good, we'll be waiting awhile for it. Also, don't even try to play Anthem, at least for a while. It is pretty cool, but BioWare kinda rushed the development and there are a lot of issues. Servers suck, combat becomes dull, and there are a lot of bugs. At least wait a couple months for them to (hopefully) fix the issues and for it to drop in price. While not as bad as Bethasda's failure Fallout 76, it still went over pretty badly.

If you haven't played the Metro games before, you need to now. Head out to game stop and pick up the Metro Redux bundle for like, less than $20. Personally, I have crappy internet so I really love single player games. I've played everything from Fallout to Forza. The Metro games make it into my top 5 favorite games of all time. The graphics are great, the game play is awesome, and the story is fantastic. You've never seen anything like what they did in Metro. Exodus just made it better. If you like a good FPS with partial open world, stealth elements, horror, and resource management, you'll love Exodus. It will be a serious contender for GameInformer's Game of the Year.

D

Deleted member 5560

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
To echo two points made by @HonestMistake: the Metro games are indeed great and wait on Anthem.

Metro Exodus is a solid game by itself. I picked it up without having any knowledge of the world or story but it's presented in a way that's easy to follow and you won't be lost for long. On the other hand, I was so used to running and gunning that I had to completely change my playstyle. If you do pick it up, just remember that throwing knives are your best friend.

Anthem is nothing but a repetitive grindfest at the moment and the loot leaves little to be desired. The roadmap they've laid out really doesn't start pumping out anything interesting until May time frame so I would look into again around then.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2 which should be going into Beta testing late this year. Biomutant also looks really interesting and I'll probably pick that up as well.

Lukha

mother of all ships
Okay, Cyberpunk DOES look really good, but because it looks so good, we'll be waiting awhile for it. Also, don't even try to play Anthem, at least for a while. It is pretty cool, but BioWare kinda rushed the development and there are a lot of issues. Servers suck, combat becomes dull, and there are a lot of bugs. At least wait a couple months for them to (hopefully) fix the issues and for it to drop in price. While not as bad as Bethasda's failure Fallout 76, it still went over pretty badly.

If you haven't played the Metro games before, you need to now. Head out to game stop and pick up the Metro Redux bundle for like, less than $20. Personally, I have crappy internet so I really love single player games. I've played everything from Fallout to Forza. The Metro games make it into my top 5 favorite games of all time. The graphics are great, the game play is awesome, and the story is fantastic. You've never seen anything like what they did in Metro. Exodus just made it better. If you like a good FPS with partial open world, stealth elements, horror, and resource management, you'll love Exodus. It will be a serious contender for GameInformer's Game of the Year.

Ahhh, yeah since it looks so good it'll probably be awhile, but that's okay. I've waited years for KH3, so it's not really an issue. :blob_joy:
That's what I heard about Anthem! Many people are saying that it's pretty chunky and that the special moves are overpowered, so you don't really need an entire group of four to even play the game. I think I also read somewhere that EA has been giving shit to people who give it a bad review, so that's a lil sketch. But yeah, I'm definitely waiting for them to start fixing things up and have the price drop. Still super sad though cuz the E3 trailer was so bomb, but then the game tanked. :blob_teary:

Yeah, my internet is really crappy right now too, so I've been really into single player games lol. I'll have to definitely check out the Metro games then! I've heard good things, but I was gonna wait to see if I liked Metro Exodus first to play the rest of the games. (That's what I did with the Bioshock games; I played Bioshock: Infinite first and then bought the whole series in a steam summer sale kek.) The only issue I have is that I just recently got a PS4, so my shooting and aim control on a controller kinda suck right now haha. I'll play Metro Exodus on the PS4 since I have it on there and if I can get better at FPS games with a controller, I'll buy the bundle for PS4 otherwise I'd probably just buy it for PC if it's available. But thanks for the recommendation!

Dungeon Defenders Awakened... yea.

Haha I've never played Dungeon Defenders, but Dungeon Defenders 2 looks cute!

Hiii bb, don't see anything in your spoiler but hi! :blob_hide:

To echo two points made by @HonestMistake: the Metro games are indeed great and wait on Anthem.

Metro Exodus is a solid game by itself. I picked it up without having any knowledge of the world or story but it's presented in a way that's easy to follow and you won't be lost for long. On the other hand, I was so used to running and gunning that I had to completely change my playstyle. If you do pick it up, just remember that throwing knives are your best friend.

Anthem is nothing but a repetitive grindfest at the moment and the loot leaves little to be desired. The roadmap they've laid out really doesn't start pumping out anything interesting until May time frame so I would look into again around then.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2 which should be going into Beta testing late this year. Biomutant also looks really interesting and I'll probably pick that up as well.

Nice, okay so I won't have to worry about getting lost in the Metro Exodus game! I was a little worried that I might be lacking in a bit of lore and be a bit confused at the start of it, but if it's able able to be played as a standalone, then that's not too bad. I'm assuming you mean the other Metro games are running and gunning playstyles; I'm so bad with a controller in FPS games :sweating_profusely: And especially since I know there are those huge mutant monsters in Metro Exodus, pretty sure I'm gonna be even worse at aiming under pressure LOL, but still love my horror games so I'll probably get used to it eventually. And yay, knives! :blob_joy:

Makes me sooooo sad! Anthem looked sooooooo goooooood and I was waiting for it since the E3 trailer came out!

OOOOH I just checked out the trailer and totally forgot that I'd seen that one before! Open world space adventure? Sign me up!

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
Nice, okay so I won't have to worry about getting lost in the Metro Exodus game! I was a little worried that I might be lacking in a bit of lore and be a bit confused at the start of it, but if it's able able to be played as a standalone, then that's not too bad. I'm assuming you mean the other Metro games are running and gunning playstyles; I'm so bad with a controller in FPS games :sweating_profusely: And especially since I know there are those huge mutant monsters in Metro Exodus, pretty sure I'm gonna be even worse at aiming under pressure LOL, but still love my horror games so I'll probably get used to it eventually. And yay, knives! :blob_joy:

Makes me sooooo sad! Anthem looked sooooooo goooooood and I was waiting for it since the E3 trailer came out!

OOOOH I just checked out the trailer and totally forgot that I'd seen that one before! Open world space adventure? Sign me up!
It's definitely playable as a stand alone, and to clarify one thing: I went into Metro Exodus having played the likes of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and Battlefield V. That's what I meant by being used to run and gun. While you can do that in Metro if you play Easy or Story mode, Normal mode and above requires a lot of stealth and resource management. Which really adds a new element to the game.

I was disappointed too! I had even pre-ordered it thinking it would be a better version of Destiny... :blob_unamused:

Lukha

mother of all ships
It's definitely playable as a stand alone, and to clarify one thing: I went into Metro Exodus having played the likes of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and Battlefield V. That's what I meant by being used to run and gun. While you can do that in Metro if you play Easy or Story mode, Normal mode and above requires a lot of stealth and resource management. Which really adds a new element to the game.

I was disappointed too! I had even pre-ordered it thinking it would be a better version of Destiny... :blob_unamused:
Ohhh, okay I see. Well shit, guess I just gotta practice more. :sweating_profusely: I'm too used to a mouse as a PC gamer. I'll probably have to play Easy or Story Mode with Metro because it'll be the first FPS game that I'll playing on my PS4 since I've only played KH3 and Nier:Automata on it. I have the Hitman games too (for fun) because they focus a lot on stealth and I can do pretty derpy shit on it :blob_joy: If the Metro game is similar, maybe I'll have to replay it in Normal mode.

Guess we both got bamboozled. :blob_teary: It was soooo pretty looking and HELLO mech customization and open world? I was so hyped! I got Destiny for the PC when it was free and have only played through the regular campaign :sweat_smile: I liked it, but it was much more fun with friends than alone.

Chiisutofupuru

Haha I've never played Dungeon Defenders, but Dungeon Defenders 2 looks cute!
Dungeon Defenders 1 is my all-time favorite game. DD2 was a disappointment for me. It was too different, not the same.
Dungeon Defenders Awakened is supposed to be closer to how DD1 was, so I'm a bit excited for it :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5560

Hiii bb, don't see anything in your spoiler but hi! :blob_hide:
Whoops, it got deleted. I am booboo the fool now... ;-;

Let me try a different approach:

I am a humble creacher with humble desires and all I want is the peaceful ennui of living amongst fucking furries.

ETA:
Also re: Metro, I played the first two games (2033 + Last Light)! They weren't really "run" and gun, or maybe it was just my approach, as I kind of took the stealth path in gameplay. They're kind of sluggish, slow moving games that can be really tense, because the first two at least fall more into the survival horror genre than the action FPS, but I heard the changed up the mood + gameplay for Exodus. I haven't bothered to pick up Exodus because I've heard mixed things, and I already have so much I still need to play. e_e

And instead of playing any of my new, untouched games, I'm just making a new character in Skyrim hahaha.

Lukha

mother of all ships
Dungeon Defenders 1 is my all-time favorite game. DD2 was a disappointment for me. It was too different, not the same.
Dungeon Defenders Awakened is supposed to be closer to how DD1 was, so I'm a bit excited for it :3

Oooh, okie. I didn't see the Dungeon Defenders Awakened trailer but just watching it now, it looks cute as well!

Whoops, it got deleted. I am booboo the fool now... ;-;

Let me try a different approach:

I am a humble creacher with humble desires and all I want is the peaceful ennui of living amongst fucking furries.

ETA:
Also re: Metro, I played the first two games (2033 + Last Light)! They weren't really "run" and gun, or maybe it was just my approach, as I kind of took the stealth path in gameplay. They're kind of sluggish, slow moving games that can be really tense, because the first two at least fall more into the survival horror genre than the action FPS, but I heard the changed up the mood + gameplay for Exodus. I haven't bothered to pick up Exodus because I've heard mixed things, and I already have so much I still need to play. e_e

And instead of playing any of my new, untouched games, I'm just making a new character in Skyrim hahaha.

EEEEEEEEEE I totally forgot about ANIMAL CROSSING :blob_happy: I just got New Leaf on the DS this past year (because I used to be a pleb who only played PC but now I've branched out to consoles). Can't wait!! Thanks for reminding me!

Yee, I heard Metro was kind of slow and stealthy. Honestly, that's okay for me! In terms of Exodus, I think you can also do the same (from the small bit of gameplay I saw), but like you can also run and gun. Which probably I will prefer not to run and gun since I can't aim for shet on consoles.

I also have so much I still need to play, ahhhh, but I'm always looking for new things to add to my list of things to play. :blob_sweat: Especially in anticipation for things like steam summer sales!

Also, yikes I haven't touched Skyrim in YEARS; not since I modded the hell out of it and created a sexy brothel house full of gay male models. Ahhh, good times.

Now I'm on to bigger and better things. Minecraft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5560

EEEEEEEEEE I totally forgot about ANIMAL CROSSING :blob_happy: I just got New Leaf on the DS this past year (because I used to be a pleb who only played PC but now I've branched out to consoles). Can't wait!! Thanks for reminding me!

Yee, I heard Metro was kind of slow and stealthy. Honestly, that's okay for me! In terms of Exodus, I think you can also do the same (from the small bit of gameplay I saw), but like you can also run and gun. Which probably I will prefer not to run and gun since I can't aim for shet on consoles.

I also have so much I still need to play, ahhhh, but I'm always looking for new things to add to my list of things to play. :blob_sweat: Especially in anticipation for things like steam summer sales!

Also, yikes I haven't touched Skyrim in YEARS; not since I modded the hell out of it and created a sexy brothel house full of gay male models. Ahhh, good times.

Now I'm on to bigger and better things. Minecraft.
Nice! I stopped playing AC:NL (and games altogether) in 2016 when I was going through some health stuff, and it took me a while to get back into it because I was scared I'd have lost my villagers and anxious over all the events I missed, etc. Eventually I realised this mentality is totally opposite to the purpose of Animal Crossing, so I decided to just delete my save entirely and start over from scratch, and just embrace the slow paced, what-will-be-will-be nature of it all. If I miss seasonal items or can't finish my aquarium or whatever, it's fine. Life goes on~

Most of the "new" games I play are actually old games I pick up on sale. Like only recently I bought The Witcher 3 because it was on sale for $30.

Oh, but I'm definitely gonna get AC and this when it comes out:

Link's Awakening DX was my first gameboy game of my own, everything else was secondhand off my brother when he gave me his GBC, and the first Zelda game I ever beat on my own, so I have fond memories of that game and am super excited to play this remake.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, Kingdom Hearts III were what I was waiting for
Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, Ace Attorney Trilogy are what I'm currently waiting for

Lukha

mother of all ships
Nice! I stopped playing AC:NL (and games altogether) in 2016 when I was going through some health stuff, and it took me a while to get back into it because I was scared I'd have lost my villagers and anxious over all the events I missed, etc. Eventually I realised this mentality is totally opposite to the purpose of Animal Crossing, so I decided to just delete my save entirely and start over from scratch, and just embrace the slow paced, what-will-be-will-be nature of it all. If I miss seasonal items or can't finish my aquarium or whatever, it's fine. Life goes on~

Most of the "new" games I play are actually old games I pick up on sale. Like only recently I bought The Witcher 3 because it was on sale for $30.

Oh, but I'm definitely gonna get AC and this when it comes out:

Link's Awakening DX was my first gameboy game of my own, everything else was secondhand off my brother when he gave me his GBC, and the first Zelda game I ever beat on my own, so I have fond memories of that game and am super excited to play this remake.
Me too. I haven't played AC:NL in awhile and I'm scared all my villagers hate me and I'll be returning to an empty village :sweating_profusely: But also, that game is intended as a casual pickup and go kinda game, so I'm not too worried and hopefully the town is running just fine without me lol.

Saaammmee. (I actually bought The Witcher 3 last year during a sale! Still haven't played it yet though lol). I got Nier:Automata FINALLY after so long, but I've already had it spoiled for me which is a little sad :blob_teary: Still a beautiful game with an amazing soundtrack though.

Honestly, I've never played a Zelda game before until just this year when I picked up Twilight Princess for the Wii. All my friends and family rave about it though. OH, and I also have Breath of the Wild for the Switch which I still have to play too. Ahhhh so many games I'm suddenly remember I have to still play!

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, Kingdom Hearts III were what I was waiting for
Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, Ace Attorney Trilogy are what I'm currently waiting for

Oooh Tales of Vesperia looks really cool! AND AHHHH KH3!!! So good! Let me know what you think when you get around to playing it if you haven't yet! I need someone else to fangirl over it with :blob_hide:
The last Final Fantasy game I played with probably XIII and I never even finished it but Lightning is really cool and super hot so :blob_uwu: will probably get back to playing that sometime soon too. I've been curious about the mmo game though. Also, have never played any Persona games. People always ask me what I think about the new games because for some reason I seem like I'm the type of person who plays Persona? Which isn't like a bad thing, it just makes me feel bad cuz I haven't played it :blob_joy: YET, anyway. AHHHHH Ace Attorney is so fun! I had like one of the games a long time ago.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Me too. I haven't played AC:NL in awhile and I'm scared all my villagers hate me and I'll be returning to an empty village :sweating_profusely: But also, that game is intended as a casual pickup and go kinda game, so I'm not too worried and hopefully the town is running just fine without me lol.

Saaammmee. (I actually bought The Witcher 3 last year during a sale! Still haven't played it yet though lol). I got Nier:Automata FINALLY after so long, but I've already had it spoiled for me which is a little sad :blob_teary: Still a beautiful game with an amazing soundtrack though.

Honestly, I've never played a Zelda game before until just this year when I picked up Twilight Princess for the Wii. All my friends and family rave about it though. OH, and I also have Breath of the Wild for the Switch which I still have to play too. Ahhhh so many games I'm suddenly remember I have to still play!

Oooh Tales of Vesperia looks really cool! AND AHHHH KH3!!! So good! Let me know what you think when you get around to playing it if you haven't yet! I need someone else to fangirl over it with :blob_hide:
The last Final Fantasy game I played with probably XIII and I never even finished it but Lightning is really cool and super hot so :blob_uwu: will probably get back to playing that sometime soon too. I've been curious about the mmo game though. Also, have never played any Persona games. People always ask me what I think about the new games because for some reason I seem like I'm the type of person who plays Persona? Which isn't like a bad thing, it just makes me feel bad cuz I haven't played it :blob_joy: YET, anyway. AHHHHH Ace Attorney is so fun! I had like one of the games a long time ago.
I'm a huge fan of the tales series but I've actually never played Vesperia yet which is a sad thing considering it was considered one of the best tales games for a while which is why I'm hyped for it.
My friend already has KH3 but won't play it, she just has it on display, like I understand why but I still resent her for not playing it since I want to watch, will probably buy it for myself later on my birthday but still
Last FF I played was final fantasy 15, plot was kinda bad but the food looked good and I enjoyed scouring the map for fishing spots, that was fun
I have all 3 ace attorney for the ds and have complete only the first 2, first one I did by myself but second one I cheated which is something I still regret to this day, didn't feel that refreshing when I completed it orz
Persona, only played a little bit on the 3rd one due to borrowing it from a friend, still don't know much about it, really just wanting it because my friends love it and I want to know more about it so we can have more things to talk about

Last edited: