Which version of Windows makes you feel the most nostalgic?

While the earliest one I used is Windows 95, I had a lot of fond memories with Windows 98, even if it wasn't the longest one I used.

That old basic style with iconic system sounds still rang in my head sometimes.

What about you guys?

SuiPolaris

Definitely windows xp. My grandparents had this old computer that had Windows XP. I wrote on Microsoft Word, played ROBLOX, and everything on that piece of archaic junk. Man I miss the start-up sound.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Windows 7??? That's the only PC that I have use in my entire life and now it's broken. I have now ever since use mobile

Kumiho

Eugh eig
Windows Xp. My dad owned a windows xp, I used to go into this children's website to watch videos, play flash games, play minesweeper, play wizard101 and watch youtube. The computer was pretty old even back then but it was fun while it lasted.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Windows 98. Yeah, I'm old. It was a time when the internet was the Wild West, and anime was a novelty, and Toonami was a thing on Cartoon Network, and Sailor Moon and DBZ were on weekday afternoons. It was glorious!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Oddly enough, Windows Vista.

And no, it's not because I'm a hipster that prefers the PS3 or think the Virtual Boy is Nintendo's best console.

It's because of this bad boy of a premium suite right here.

D

Deleted member 54065

While the earliest one I used is Windows 95, I had a lot of fond memories with Windows 98, even if it wasn't the longest one I used.

That old basic style with iconic system sounds still rang in my head sometimes.

What about you guys?
Windows XP.

That scary login sound whenever I'm sneaking to use the desktop @ 3am is enough to make my heart skip a beat.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I don't even remember earlier version, not because I didn't use them, but because my memory is poor

I don't even remember if my first windows was 98, 95 or millennium. And I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.

Kenjona

Windows 1.0? I think. It was MS-DOS at least. My first computer was a Commodore 128, bought with my own money working over the summer break and I am more nostalgic about that then any new windows iteration.

Annavyney

Being aware of potential vulnerabilities in our systems is always a good practice.While it's true that software complexity can lead to more problems, it's also important for companies to prioritize security alongside profits. Simplifying the OS and removing unused features could indeed help improve overall security. By the way, if you're looking for more insights and discussions on Windows 10 keys and related topics, you should check out the Cheap Windows 10 Key Reddit sub. They often share helpful info and tips. Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I thought you might find it useful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113259

Being aware of potential vulnerabilities in our systems is always a good practice.While it's true that software complexity can lead to more problems, it's also important for companies to prioritize security alongside profits. Simplifying the OS and removing unused features could indeed help improve overall security.
Bro brought back a year-old thread.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Windows XP or Windows 7. Both were major parts of my internet experience until 2019 when my laptop caught fire.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
vista is the version of windows i used when i started pc gaming