Which word processer is best for writing?

Daichi

I usually use ms office 2019 professional but I want a word processor which will help me write stories easily. Any suggestions!

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
yes it does. google docs is also the best option for beta readers imo, as it allows them to easily add comments and suggestions.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
None of that. What you need is a room full of monkeys. They will be your ghostwriters. Doesn't come with bananas so you'll have to resolve that yourself.

Decades ago, some aspirants thought they needed typewriters to become authors when they could very well scribble on notebooks, lined pad paper, or even just scrap paper.

If you become too reliant on external tools like spellcheckers, your works will be vulnerable to homophonic errors.

Remember, grammar is just the front end. The story itself is the back end. You should know which is more important.

Daichi

None of that. What you need is a room full of monkeys. They will be your ghostwriters. Doesn't come with bananas so you'll have to resolve that yourself.

Decades ago, some aspirants thought they needed typewriters to become authors when they could very well scribble on notebooks, lined pad paper, or even just scrap paper.

If you become too reliant on external tools like spellcheckers, your works will be vulnerable to homophonic errors.

Remember, grammar is just the front end. The story itself is the back end. You should know which is more important.
Well friend I will think about what you said. It's just that I make silly mistakes like writing a word two times and something wrong spelling because of my typing speed.

Owl

Nervous writer
I use google docs. You can get the free Grammarly version, that also helps a bit

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Well friend I will think about what you said. It's just that I make silly mistakes like writing a word two times and something wrong spelling because of my typing speed.

Use Jemini's advice. Take a break after writing the draft. (The break is necessary.) Then, edit to produce your next draft. Another break. Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied. Then, you use tools to recheck. Then, you use other people to recheck.

This cultivation method will help you achieve immortality. Good luck.

Mihou

Firefly—
I used to use Typora before making my own using Java (I write on the application before transferring the whole chapter into Grammarly for corrections and etc)

This is back when my PC was still alive two days ago, now I just write on my mobile using Pure Writer from Play store.

ChubbyLiv

I write on my phone, tried many apps but I always come back to the Wattpad app + Grammarly keyboard + Gboard keyboard for translating.🤦‍♀️ It's simple, it autosaves, it has synonym suggestions, it gives fast acces to basic Bolds, Initials, emoticons, gifs, pictures and videos, what more can I ask for.
╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭

Wattpad has the worst searching system, but I love writing my novel on it. ಠ◡ಠ
Screenshot_2020-05-15-15-32-30-363_wp.wattpad.png

Last edited:

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
Use Jemini's advice. Take a break after writing the draft. (The break is necessary.) Then, edit to produce your next draft. Another break. Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied. Then, you use tools to recheck. Then, you use other people to recheck.

This cultivation method will help you achieve immortality. Good luck.
This one has been searching for immortality for a long time. Who knew it hid in a deep corner like this :blob_uwu:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I started out writing with gdocs but my area, at the time, had lots of issues with random connection failures so i moved to just writing with Wordpad as it's easily available, doesnt rely on interwebz and is like a simplified Word.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I use notepad++ for my rough draft. During my rough draft I don't care about mistakes: I prefer to simply write without interruption.

After I'm finished my rough draft I can run it through various grammar checkers, spellcheckers, passive voice checkers, and comma checkers online. Grammarly, seems to be pretty decent for correcting my grammar mistakes.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Ah, but the truly perfect perfectionist has to introduce artificial errors after the last draft so it's not too suspicious.

I had to eventually give up on my voluntary part-time editing hobby as my net connection before was as stable and predictable as solar flares.

Was contemplating coding something like an offline async gdocs but sobered after I recalled I no longer knew how to code in this timeline.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
MS Word and Google Docs are basically the exact same to me.

With the caveat that Docs is a lag hell while MS Word flows smoothly, so I use MS Word.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I've been using something called Jarte for first drafts and then I do edits and second drafts in Libre Office which an alternative to MS office. Works for me. Jarte isnt particularly nothing special and has no editing software, but I just like the looks of it. Specifically its classic version.

I was using Word Perfect for a long time but it has way to many bells and whistles and I was tired of trying to learn them all.