Which Would You Rather Reincarnate As In A Litrpg Fantasy World?

Which Would You Rather Reincarnate As In A Litrpg Fantasy World?

• Wolf

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Deer

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Cat

• Tree

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • A Deity

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Human

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Elf

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Orc

• Dwarf

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Troll

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Custom Beastkin

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • A Saiyan

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Elaine. Catkin girl, green eyes, straight black hair down to mid back, 5"3", more towards the lean/skinny side of weight, clawed nails, and while not vampire fangs, slightly sharper than usual teeth. Ranger skillset, so a mix between archer and thief. Cat form might be nice, but not super important to me.
EDIT: Chaotic Neutral. Likes shiny things. A lot. Also a bookworm. But only for fiction. Hates studying.

I've got this all planned out. I'm totally gonna be my D&D character.

Drawing inspiration from this post I'll go on a tangent and ask myself another question. People should really ask themselves this question too when they make posts about their choice. It would be more interesting.

Question: So you chose something, but if you could specify the details of your choice then what would those specifics be? Maybe try two different approaches. If you had infinite customization, or if there were limitations to what you could specify.

I chose deity and basically got called a pervert (fair assessment) when I joked about,
"Well, time for the Evil God Yorda to corrupt these prudes." They shall sacrifice their busty dark elves, animal eared girls, hot crying masochist demon men, and dragon lolis to me, their patron goddess. The end.

But what about the specifics if I was actually limited in some way? What if, as a deity, I required actual faith from my followers to give me proportionate power, and if my followers dwindled and died then I would too? That would make it way more interesting to consider. If I kept going with my joke, then I would require people to be horny bastards and would somehow have to fashion myself as a fertility deity. Sad giggity deity... oh my god.

What if other deities started to bully me? What if faith was like a point currency that I could spend on miracles? If it was a precious currency, I would have to pick and choose carefully how to use it; spending the currency on all my desperate followers prayers would quickly dry up the currency and get me killed.

Generally, if I think about it, deities have the ability to do some pretty unique and interesting things even if they aren't powerful, and their lifespans and powers could rival or exceed a dragon without having to be scaly.

Last edited:

Yorda

I also wanna do beastkin (Described below in great detail)! If I ignore lifespan and power level the funnest choice might be custom beastkin. (BTW people, you could have been a beastkin deity if you were clever. The power of a god, but with the same fuzziness and fluffiness that is demanded. However, if everybody votes deity because of this it would throw off the point of the poll.)

Some things I would have to think about are,
(1) What is the base animal? Will I use only one animal? Why not use multiple animals? A selection could be really exotic; there is no need for some cliche catgirl selection. You could transition away from terrestrial and go marine to be a mystical jellyfish girl. Avian, reptilian, a dinosaur?
(2) How beastly do I want to go? Do I want to be a hulking, hairy werewolf or a lithe catgirl who only has ears and tail?
(3) Do I want animal sensory physical traits or personality traits? Like my sense of smell is enhanced or I get aroused by bloody meat if I used a carnivore animal as the base?

Hmmm. I think I would go pretty light on the furry level ... basically, I would just be a human with the animal tail and ears.

I chose a purebred Arctic Fox as my base animal. The ears have to be pointy! Stupid round human ears need to go. Filthy rounds. Since I chose a cold climate animal the ears will be smaller than regular foxes due to the fact that animals in cold climates need to prevent heat loss through the ears. This is fine by me since I think really large ears would be more of a pain to deal with that wouldn't be offset by the cuteness factor. I wouldn't mind having good hearing too!

The tail needs to be big and fluffy. Hey, if I'm gonna have a tail then I don't want some stupid little puffball nub. It's gonna be a prominent and proud feature of my existence! Something that people can only dream of cuddling, but will never have the opportunity to. Die in envy.

I chose Arctic Fox because of the fur. It's monochromatic and a pure white. I figure if I'm gonna be a beastkin then I want to have a strong theme. Mottled multicoloured fur would make me look trashy like a stray. Oddly coloured fur is one of the things that bothers me the most with beastkin. Their ear, tail, and fur colour should NEVER be different from their natural head hair and body hair colour! WTH. You bastards who do this ... I will find you.

I want pointy teeth. Increase the number of canines in my mouth by 4 and make them a bit more prominent without overdoing it. I don't want any modified diet or taste buds though. Just make me a normal omnivore and make things taste normal ... actually make it so that I am able to also eat like a carnivore without getting parasites from uncooked meat.

The eyes say a lot about a person and animal eyes could be even more intense! If I'm going for impact then I might as well choose heterochromatic eyes like an attention whore. Go for some kind of fusion of blue and grey so that I can stick with my theme of a cold arctic fox. Might as well give myself some enhanced vision too if possible. Internet says arctic foxes have poor eyesight (I don't know what 'poor' means without something to compare it to). Or I could be a cold fox with a stoic face and rock the intellectual glasses look, but I could be like one of those ... people ... who wear fake glasses for fashion even though they have perfectly fine vision.

I don't want a modified sense of smell. Who would want to smell all types of shit all the time?

I think more clawlike fingernails would be nice too. You know the black nail polish stiletto nail look? Something like that so that I could claw people without having my fingernails rip out. Not overdone though. I don't want fucking lobster claws instead of hands. Make it pretty low-key so my hands still look pretty human.

It's like a cliche that beastkin have enhanced physical abilities at the expense of magical abilities. I would like to be a more rare variant with much better magic abilities and perhaps some lingering strength from my beastkin heritage. It's magic ... who would give that shit up for physical abilities? Foxes are also supposed to be clever, so I hope this helps me, and I should get some kind of natural cold resistance too.

Overall, I want to go for a high class arrogant look that makes people think I'm outwardly cold like my pure white fur (or perhaps an arrogant cat). I'll rip their throat out if they dare get too close to me. That kind of vibe on the outside, but on the inside I want somebody to pat my head and would let children play with my fluffy tail. It might be too intimate to let an adult touch it though.

This is how it's done people.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I also wanna do beastkin (Described below in great detail)! If I ignore lifespan and power level the funnest choice might be custom beastkin. (BTW people, you could have been a beastkin deity if you were clever. The power of a god, but with the same fuzziness and fluffiness that is demanded. However, if everybody votes deity because of this it would throw off the point of the poll.)

Some things I would have to think about are,
(1) What is the base animal? Will I use only one animal? Why not use multiple animals? A selection could be really exotic; there is no need for some cliche catgirl selection. You could transition away from terrestrial and go marine to be a mystical jellyfish girl. Avian, reptilian, a dinosaur?
(2) How beastly do I want to go? Do I want to be a hulking, hairy werewolf or a lithe catgirl who only has ears and tail?
(3) Do I want animal sensory physical traits or personality traits? Like my sense of smell is enhanced or I get aroused by bloody meat if I used a carnivore animal as the base?

Hmmm. I think I would go pretty light on the furry level ... basically, I would just be a human with the animal tail and ears.

I chose a purebred Arctic Fox as my base animal. The ears have to be pointy! Stupid round human ears need to go. Filthy rounds. Since I chose a cold climate animal the ears will be smaller than regular foxes due to the fact that animals in cold climates need to prevent heat loss through the ears. This is fine by me since I think really large ears would be more of a pain to deal with that wouldn't be offset by the cuteness factor. I wouldn't mind having good hearing too!

The tail needs to be big and fluffy. Hey, if I'm gonna have a tail then I don't want some stupid little puffball nub. It's gonna be a prominent and proud feature of my existence! Something that people can only dream of cuddling, but will never have the opportunity to. Die in envy.

I chose Arctic Fox because of the fur. It's monochromatic and a pure white. I figure if I'm gonna be a beastkin then I want to have a strong theme. Mottled multicoloured fur would make me look trashy like a stray. Oddly coloured fur is one of the things that bothers me the most with beastkin. Their ear, tail, and fur colour should NEVER be different from their natural head hair and body hair colour! WTH. You bastards who do this ... I will find you.

I want pointy teeth. Increase the number of canines in my mouth by 4 and make them a bit more prominent without overdoing it. I don't want any modified diet or taste buds though. Just make me a normal omnivore and make things taste normal ... actually make it so that I am able to also eat like a carnivore without getting parasites from uncooked meat.

The eyes say a lot about a person and animal eyes could be even more intense! If I'm going for impact then I might as well choose heterochromatic eyes like an attention whore. Go for some kind of fusion of blue and grey so that I can stick with my theme of a cold arctic fox. Might as well give myself some enhanced vision too if possible. Internet says arctic foxes have poor eyesight (I don't know what 'poor' means without something to compare it to). Or I could be a cold fox with a stoic face and rock the intellectual glasses look, but I could be like one of those ... people ... who wear fake glasses for fashion even though they have perfectly fine vision.

I don't want a modified sense of smell. Who would want to smell all types of shit all the time?

I think more clawlike fingernails would be nice too. You know the black nail polish stiletto nail look? Something like that so that I could claw people without having my fingernails rip out. Not overdone though. I don't want fucking lobster claws instead of hands. Make it pretty low-key so my hands still look pretty human.

It's like a cliche that beastkin have enhanced physical abilities at the expense of magical abilities. I would like to be a more rare variant with much better magic abilities and perhaps some lingering strength from my beastkin heritage. It's magic ... who would give that shit up for physical abilities? Foxes are also supposed to be clever, so I hope this helps me, and I should get some kind of natural cold resistance too.

Overall, I want to go for a high class arrogant look that makes people think I'm outwardly cold like my pure white fur (or perhaps an arrogant cat). I'll rip their throat out if they dare get too close to me. That kind of vibe on the outside, but on the inside I want somebody to pat my head and would let children play with my fluffy tail. It might be too intimate to let an adult touch it though.

This is how it's done people.
tl;dr: i'm not like the other beastkins

Yorda

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I chose tree because I imagine that in a LitRPG setting trees would be magically infused and sentient.
Plus, they would live for a very long time, would likely be in a forest that doesn't get touched by loggers - since it is an RPG setting - and would likely be able to gain vast knowledge from the root network of plants across the world.
Then I imagine, with enough magic infused into the body, that I'd be able to change the shape of my body into a more humanoid form and traverse the world while hiding my identity as a tree.

People would probably disregard this as being feasible, but I find the concept quite interesting, to be honest.
There was an RPG thread in Novel Updates Forum, called Magic Association, where I played as a sentient tree.
Here are links to my character's background info and info after playing the game for a bit.

X

Silver_Sky

Wolf: Hell no. I like wolves, but they ain't that strong.
Deer: Too much of an herbivore. Not a lot of natural combat strength. I also don't have thumbs. FUCK.
Cat: Cute, but a little small. Sure, it's easy to be picked up as a pet, but self sufficiency is important too.
Tree: I can't move. If someone comes for me, I'm getting chopped down real fast.
A Diety: High potential, but I would probably have to listen to people spout prayers to me and decide who to bless and whatnot. Sounds boring.
Human: Generic. I need some SPICE.
Orc: I might end up reincarnating as an idiot. No. Also, I don't want to end up as a pig-like orc.
Dwarf: I like being tall and not having a beard. No.
Troll: Same thing as the orc, the idiocy problem. Nice regeneration, but fire seems like to obvious of a weakness.
Custom Beastkin: Maybe? Depends on how much flavor you add.
Dragon: Overwhelming power and strength, all at the low, low cost of being a huge monster that can only destroy things. The amount of food necessary to feed yourself would be gigantic! No way am I touching that.
A Saiyan: I refuse on principle. That ain't the kind of fantasy I want to live.

All in all: Custom beastkin is the least terrible option here.
dragons in many stories can polymorph into other life forms sooo......

Moshi

Y'all, if you're a deity then you can just change forms into any of the others, at any time you want.

There is no choice.

Unless I become some useless deity like Aqua. That would suck.