Who is the hero of your life?

nowme_cres

I'm down for some sentimental talk at the moment so let's begin.

The "hero" I'm refering to is someone who made an impact on your life, the one who gave you inspiration to who you are now/who you are trying to become. They could be someone in your life, or someone you read about, be it from articles, stories, or historical figures.

For me personally, it's Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher King. He was given the role of the Emperor of the Roman Emperor, leading the largest empire of the world at that time, but he didn't feel like he was good enough. True, he may lack in some areas but there is no doubt he was a good leader.

From his biography and his book/diary, I came to know him as a man who just tried his best with what he was dealt with. The responsibilities he was given was... heavy, to say the least. But he did become the last of the Five Good Emperor, and a good ruler.

My lesson from him and the reason why he is my hero is his philosophy on life, which is, for me at least "Live your best, do your best.". In general, be happy.

I'm not the best of people, with confirmed sociopathy, I see life like a game, every interaction seems no different like make a deal or signing a contract. I honestly hated it, but I kept trying my best. I try to be myself, a petty and selfish person, but I also try to help those who came to me for help.

I accept the cards the world gave me, some bad some good, but I always smile and deal with them with an open mind. I have the power over my view in life, so I see myself being happy and approach everything with an open mind and heart.

So, who is your hero and how have they help you?
The Austrian Painter,
71C67D82-3554-47F8-B527-47EDF67B4F9A.jpeg

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Considering my bad luck, awful life and a bad environment. Especially living in a religious household which a god basically had abandoned me as a child, you would think that I would consider God/Jesus to be my hero.

Well....

Optimus Prime might let me fight a strong foe, Kamina would lead me to fight my own religion because I didn't believe on it.

Now excuse me, because of this quote, I might need to fight my own sleep addiction, which considering its way past bedtime, I might need to watch videos before tiring out from too much motivation.
Autobot roll out

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
The woman that raised me and my siblings while struggling to pay her bills and often didn't eat. She now has diabetes and nerve damage. My mom is my only hero, she taught me what family actually means

D

Deleted member 113259

Considering my bad luck, awful life and a bad environment. Especially living in a religious household which a god basically had abandoned me as a child, you would think that I would consider God/Jesus to be my hero.

Well....

Optimus Prime might let me fight a strong foe, Kamina would lead me to fight my own religion because I didn't believe on it.

Now excuse me, because of this quote, I might need to fight my own sleep addiction, which considering its way past bedtime, I might need to watch videos before tiring out from too much motivation.
Considering you think God abandoned you, no. I would not expect you to consider God your hero. You seem to be in an odd middle ground that simultaneously doesn't believe in God but also blames him for your hard life.

Gibbs505

Heros? Not really But Nelson Mandela is an interesting person. In the military FM William Slim was a genus and a inspirational leader.
I have met many good people in many walks of life. Two members of a reglious teaching order had a great impact on me that I really respected them for.

Redemit

As a Christian my answer should probably be Jesus as he saved my soul from eternal damnation and has had a major impact on my life and my beliefs.

But I'd actually have to say my Dad he passed away when I was about 6 years old but before he did he did everything he could to show me and my brothers what it means to be a truly good Man and good father now I can't say I've perfectly lived up to his example but I am trying and I can at least say I'm a man committed to being honest and honorable if nothing else

Major2501

Kathy Burke and Mick Gordon. Kathy for the laughs and Mick for the banging tunes.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
unironically my father. He’s always been pretty much the model citizen. I remember one time he had to go on a business trip, and was disappointed because he had fire 10 people, and when he got back he said he said he was able to talk management into hiring 20 more people. I’m very happy with who he is, but on the other hand it feels almost impossible for me to live up to his example.

That was probably way more serious than a forum post has any right to be

nowme_cres

I'm down for some sentimental talk at the moment so let's begin.

The "hero" I'm refering to is someone who made an impact on your life, the one who gave you inspiration to who you are now/who you are trying to become. They could be someone in your life, or someone you read about, be it from articles, stories, or historical figures.

For me personally, it's Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher King. He was given the role of the Emperor of the Roman Emperor, leading the largest empire of the world at that time, but he didn't feel like he was good enough. True, he may lack in some areas but there is no doubt he was a good leader.

From his biography and his book/diary, I came to know him as a man who just tried his best with what he was dealt with. The responsibilities he was given was... heavy, to say the least. But he did become the last of the Five Good Emperor, and a good ruler.

My lesson from him and the reason why he is my hero is his philosophy on life, which is, for me at least "Live your best, do your best.". In general, be happy.

I'm not the best of people, with confirmed sociopathy, I see life like a game, every interaction seems no different like make a deal or signing a contract. I honestly hated it, but I kept trying my best. I try to be myself, a petty and selfish person, but I also try to help those who came to me for help.

I accept the cards the world gave me, some bad some good, but I always smile and deal with them with an open mind. I have the power over my view in life, so I see myself being happy and approach everything with an open mind and heart.

So, who is your hero and how have they help you?
Oh yeah, forgot to say this but people usually have more than 1 hero. lol

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Oh yeah, forgot to say this but people usually have more than 1 hero. lol
Yeaaaah, I'm talking about my approach in life in general. For writing, my main inspiration is Rick Riordan, his ability to modernize and give a twist to ancient mythology inspire my writing style greatly.