Who is the most unrealistic character in real life?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Smart people. Stupid people are so common that being smart is basically a rare type of human that we basically think that they maybe aliens. If you admit yourself in being smart, you'll likely be stupid since a smart person would not respond for such a stupid question.

BlackKnightX

When it comes to realism, I originally expect everything to make sense logically.

Although in real life itself (some through reddit posts), I found a lot of absurd people like the Kevin story. I'm not sure if people like that actually exist at all.

Who do you think has the most unrealistic character in real life?
Anything can happens whether in real life or in fictions. I think the concept o ‘realism’ is more like a bias. There are a lot of weird people out there and I respect all of them. Being an average Joe with nothing stands out is boring.

Smart people. Stupid people are so common that being smart is basically a rare type of human that we basically think that they maybe aliens. If you admit yourself in being smart, you'll likely be stupid since a smart person would not respond for such a stupid question.

that's one clever take :D

ah yes, the legendary florida man

Anything can happens whether in real life or in fictions. I think the concept o ‘realism’ is more like a bias. There are a lot of weird people out there and I respect all of them. Being an average Joe with nothing stands out is boring.

part of reason i made this thread is to discover weird people as well

Jemini

I get the sneaking suspicion somebody is going to try making a sharp politically partisan comment.

I want to say this up front. No matter which side you want to attack with your reference, all politicians are realistic in my perspective. Their motives are messy, the only unrealistic appearances we get about any of them is from media spin and a lack of information that we are being given.

Ok, actually, on second thought... I am now going to give an exact contradiction to my earlier statement using a different take on the exact same reasoning.

The reasoning... what we see from politicians is not the real person. What we see from them is a false impression they are trying to give to the public combined with lies and misinformation given by other politicians and the media combined into a single demonic mechanism. (I don't care what you want to say, this applies equally to all politicians regardless of their political leanings.)

The new take on all this... isn't what I just described above the literal definition of a "character?" Politicians may be real people at home, but they are not real people when they are appearing before the public. They are a real person playing the role of a character. And, also going by the explanation I just gave above, every single last one of them are unrealistic.

Now, there is just one question. US presidents. Trump is the single most demonized president to ever exist. He was slandered to absolutely ludicrous levels. Obama is the most built-up and praised president to ever exist. They sung his praises to the high-heavens. Literally. Some even called him the second coming of Christ. These messianic claims attributed to him got so bad he had to jokingly dismiss them publicly on TV by saying he was born on Kripton, not a Manger.

So, given that extreme dichotomy, which one is more unrealistic? I'm having a tough time making the call between them, but I would have to say the most unrealistic character has got to be one of these two men.

SailusGebel

Ok, actually, on second thought... I am now going to give an exact contradiction to my earlier statement using a different take on the exact same reasoning.

The reasoning... what we see from politicians is not the real person. What we see from them is a false impression they are trying to give to the public combined with lies and misinformation given by other politicians and the media combined into a single demonic mechanism. (I don't care what you want to say, this applies equally to all politicians regardless of their political leanings.)

The new take on all this... isn't what I just described above the literal definition of a "character?" Politicians may be real people at home, but they are not real people when they are appearing before the public. They are a real person playing the role of a character. And, also going by the explanation I just gave above, every single last one of them are unrealistic.

Now, there is just one question. US presidents. Trump is the single most demonized president to ever exist. He was slandered to absolutely ludicrous levels. Obama is the most built-up and praised president to ever exist. They sung his praises to the high-heavens. Literally. Some even called him the second coming of Christ. These messianic claims attributed to him got so bad he had to jokingly dismiss them publicly on TV by saying he was born on Kripton, not a Manger.

So, given that extreme dichotomy, which one is more unrealistic? I'm having a tough time making the call between them, but I would have to say the most unrealistic character has got to be one of these two men.
I think you went too far here. Talking about politics is prohibited by the forum rules. I'm sure someone would crawl out and start arguing with you, and the whole thread will be locked.

i feel adopting personas also applies to many public figures, not just politicians. even youtubers like davie504 do play his monotone character and it entertains a lot of people.

all in all, i guess these politicians due act as an unrealistic, unsympathetic character to play their own agenda, but i don't think I could understand their motives--they probably wouldn't want anyone to know the truth lest they sent the agents to shut them up.

although i couldn't really talk about it since I've never been a politician myself, nor studied anything about political science.

though i feel i wouldn't understand anything even if i studied it lol

Nobuyuki Tsujii his a blind pianist. His skills are awesome. If you have never heard of him, you would think he was a character straight out of fiction.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Audie Murphy, at the age of 19, climbed into a flaming tank destroyer, got on the machine gun, and held off an entire company of German soldiers in WWII. He received every award from America (Medal of Honor included), and some from France and Belgium. This occurred after being denied enlistment due to being underweight and underage: his sister faked a birth certificate in order for the Army to accept him.

After the war, he played himself in a movie adapted from his memoirs. They had to tone down the events of the film, because the real record of what happened would (in Murphy's own words) been unbelievable. He then starred in westerns for the rest of his acting career

He dabbled in songwriting, horse breeding, and being the first spokesperson for veterans suffering from PTSD. After realizing he was addicted to sedatives, he locked himself in a hotel room for a week and went cold turkey. Audie Murphy never starred in a commercial for alcohol or tobacco, because he never wanted to set a bad example for the youth.

He died in an airplane crash in 1971.