Who would win in a fight? Nine 11 year olds or Eleven 9 year olds

Who would win?

• Nine 11 year olds

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Eleven 9 year olds

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

daviduyoo

The 11 year olds would have a size advantage, but the 9 year olds have a numbers advantage. Which side would win?

Jemini

The age-range you chose is pretty darn crucial. The 11 year olds will have mostly started the early phases of pre-puberty, which means they would have an immense physical strength advantage over the 9 year olds.

Ultimately, this would really boil down to what kind of fight it is. If there are weapons and defensive equipment involved, the 9 year olds win. Weapons are an equalizer, and therefore the numbers would win out. If it's a brutal bare-knuckled brawl, the 11 year olds take it. They can hit harder and faster and take out the 9 year olds fast. Their numbers advantage would mean nothing.

About the one area there is any question on who has the advantage is if it was wrestling. Wrestling would mean there are 7 one-on-one match-ups and 2 two-on-one match-ups. The question is whether the 2 9 year olds can beat their 11 year old fast enough to help the others.

longer

Balls
The most significant period of growth for children is puberty which is generally around 12-16 for boys and 10-14 for girls. Using this information, we can say that the 11 year olds are not likely to be significantly larger than their 9 year old counterparts on average, at least if puberty was factored in. As such, the numbers advantage of 2 more people will likely matter more on average. Because even if they are smaller, more people allows for strategies such as holding down one person for guaranteed takedown.

BigHoodieBoy

I thought the question was which one would you rather fight at first(because I’m really stupid) so I’m like “obvs the 9 year olds” then went “wait, it’s who would win between them” and promptly change my vote.

Jemini

The most significant period of growth for children is puberty which is generally around 12-16 for boys and 10-14 for girls. Using this information, we can say that the 11 year olds are not likely to be significantly larger than their 9 year old counterparts on average, at least if puberty was factored in. As such, the numbers advantage of 2 more people will likely matter more on average. Because even if they are smaller, more people allows for strategies such as holding down one person for guaranteed takedown.

Your numbers are in regards to semnarche and menarche. The actual process of puberty begins significantly before those events, and size and muscle growth is the very 1st phase in the process.

The only reason scientists use semnarche and menarche as their bench-marks for when puberty happens is because those are significant and easily measurable events.

On the other hand, in the medical world, it's judged on when the child has arm-pit hair and when girls have visible breasts. This is rather consistently at a younger age then the significant semnarche and menarche events.

longer

Balls
Your numbers are in regards to semnarche and menarche. The actual process of puberty begins significantly before those events, and size and muscle growth is the very 1st phase in the process.

The only reason scientists use semnarche and menarche as their bench-marks for when puberty happens is because those are significant and easily measurable events.

On the other hand, in the medical world, it's judged on when the child has arm-pit hair and when girls have visible breasts. This is rather consistently at a younger age then the significant semnarche and menarche events.
You're right in regards to how puberty is measured.

But I can't tell with kids that age anymore. Some of them look even older than me, a college student.

Jemini

The age-range you chose is pretty darn crucial. The 11 year olds will have mostly started the early phases of pre-puberty, which means they would have an immense physical strength advantage over the 9 year olds.

Ultimately, this would really boil down to what kind of fight it is. If there are weapons and defensive equipment involved, the 9 year olds win. Weapons are an equalizer, and therefore the numbers would win out. If it's a brutal bare-knuckled brawl, the 11 year olds take it. They can hit harder and faster and take out the 9 year olds fast. Their numbers advantage would mean nothing.

About the one area there is any question on who has the advantage is if it was wrestling. Wrestling would mean there are 7 one-on-one match-ups and 2 two-on-one match-ups. The question is whether the 2 9 year olds can beat their 11 year old fast enough to help the others.
Alternate scenario.

This vote was about who would win in a fight, but here's another way to look at it. Who would win in a sport?

Again, though, I think the 11 year olds take it. If the 11 year olds are female, they will have a significant size advantage as their pubescent growth-spurt will have started. This will let them just perform most sports activities better.

If the 11 year olds are male, the growth period of puberty will not have hit as hard as it would have with girls yet, but they will still have testosterone in their systems. This testosterone wouldn't have lead to overly significant muscle growth yet, but just having it in their systems will cause mental effects. In this case, the one we are looking for is increased aggression and competitiveness. The simple alterations testosterone causes in the brain, even absent any significant physical advantage, really would make a HUGE difference in the outcome.

Jemini

You're right in regards to how puberty is measured.

But I can't tell with kids that age anymore. Some of them look even older than me, a college student.

I knew a 12 year old girl once who met your description, yeah.

In my case, I have a niece and 2 nephews. The youngest is 11, so I have become pretty familiar with the growth process through that age period.

An 11 year old is very significantly larger and stronger than a 9 year old, hands down. The explosion in growth right around that age is no joke.

In my experience, the fastest period of growth is 0-3. The second fastest is 3-5. The third is 10-14. The age range of 6-9 clocks in at #4, and there is also some growth that happens in the 15-20 range to get those final few inches.

Although vertical growth is almost entirely finished by 20, there is still growth that will happen from ages 20-30. Most of this is in terms of thickening of bone structure and growth of muscle mass. (That is, assuming a healthy diet. Horizontal growth can take on an entirely different meaning if the diet is unhealthy.)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
One 9-month-old will just smile at them and melt their hearts.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Arguing this is pointless. What we need is a real group of nine 11 year olds and eleven 9 year olds to throw hands. Thats the only way this can be solved

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
There is no obvious difference between the two, so the one with the most people has the advantage.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So I'm going to be the over sensitive cunt who bawls out the fact that OP is doing a 911 number joke? Ok.

Also, whoever here says that 9 and 11 years old are indistinguishable should creepily go and enter their nearby elementary school. If we are doing a mixed gender brawl, girls at their 11 will probably truimph the boys, be it 9 or 11, because of the growth spurt.

If it is boy on boy, then 11 yo beats 9 yo.

Numerical advantage only works if the 9yo know how to zerg rush and corner one or two targets each and every time, something that the 11 yo can do as well. Then it becomes a war of attrition instead and I bet my money on the 11 yo, cuz they are stronger and possibly tougher to take down.