Whoknows

averagewriter

I am a contradiction. I can feel empathy, but not sympathy.
I am heartless. I can befriend a person for 10 years, then cut my relationship with him for no real reason.
I am weird. I find more joy in loneliness than in company.
I am over conscious. I know about myself too much that it is annoying.
I am materialistic. I never give anyone more than he gives me, even if it's just emotions.
I am normal. Edit: This is what I believe.
- Me

-Just wanted to share.

Edit: After surfing this forum for a while I realized that I am completely normal at least compared to a bunch of weirdos here.
So, to whoever reads this in the future sorry for this little drama I am finally enlightened.

Last edited:

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I thought empathy and sympathy were just two words that teachers use when they want to talk about caring for others without sounding repetitive.

YeetusFeetus

I am heartless. I can befriend a person for 10 years, then cut my relationship with him for no real reason.
I am overconsious. I know about myself too much that it is annoying.
I am materialistic. I never give anyone more than he gives me, even if it's just emotions.
I am normal. This is what I want to believe.
- Me

-Just wanted to share.
Couldn’t describe myself in any better words, you are not the only one

Schwab

I thought empathy and sympathy were just two words that teachers use when they want to talk about caring for others without sounding repetitive.
Think of them in terms of skills. Sympathy would be, like, the level 1 emotional skill or whatever. Your heart goes out to people going through stuff but, ultimately, you're disconnected from it. Empathy, on the other hand, would be, like, Sympathy reaching level 100 and getting a rank up. You understand the pain and hardship of someone else, probably because you've gone through the same thing as them.

In layman's terms, empathy is basically sympathy, but stronger and more useful. Sympathy is what makes you go 'aww' when you see the sad dog commercials. Empathy is what makes you donate to the charity and adopt a dog yourself.

D

Deleted member 29081

I am an overly shaven chimp who thinks too hard about things and lives too long. Can anyone relate?

averagewriter

Correct me if I am wrong. Empathy is the ability to understand what a certain person is feeling. On the other hand sympathy is being able to relate to others feelings. Think of empathy as understanding something with just your logic, while sympathy with your emotions.

Impurrfectionist

I am overconsious. I know about myself too much that it is annoying.
I am normal. This is what I want to believe.
- Me

-Just wanted to share.
That's totally me. Peas in a pod, aren't we?