Who's the Most OP Character You Created?

hory-portier

There are two characters that comes to my mind. Both from tabletop RPGs.
One was a boss monster in the game where I was GM. It was an experiment for me. I wanted to see what would happen if I proactively tried the session to be a comedy. The monster ended up being huge, super fast, pink, undead snail. I haven't really though about his weakness and wanted to pick some idea from the players during their fight. In short - If they think that something might actually work, then it will work if they roll a dice well. But of course... They had to have the worst rolls I've seen in a long time... When the last player was a second away from the death, he remembered about a god that considered any thought of him as a prayer, so he tried praying in that second, he gathered all his fight as both, the character and the player. Rolled the dice, and actually got a critic hit! ...only that it was negative crit...
As an effect, that god thought, that his prayer was so bad, that he had to come and beat this guy up. So I spawned there huge humanoid god with even larger sword meant for 4 hands at least that he was holding in just one hand anyway. In his unstoppable furry, the god swung his sword killing annoying snail in one hit and then turned around to look at that half-dead player's character thinking of 10 ways to kill him per second.
But of course, they had totally no problem killing a god that was supposed to be even stronger! I never created another snail monster after that...

Well... This was a monster and not a character, as for my strongest character, that's another, longer story. I don't want to make a needless wall of text here. Just ask me if you really want to read about it.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
In a roleplaying game I played some time back, that had basically 0 rules regarding power level, I had a character that eventually became a goddess~

Funnily enough, she was actually one of the weakest characters among the OP group... And I threw a ton of limitations at where she could interfere and where she couldn't due to internal politics of pantheon and what not, to the point she was a lot less useful as a goddess than she was as a mortal~

She was pretty fun to play with... A shame she was a deep sink of pure depression that made me have a harder and harder time get into her character due to how bad it felt to write for her due to how horrible she was feeling... At some point I gave up because it was too depressing to play with her, even if I still loved her deeply... T.T

Kldran

I've written stories about deities and their successes and failures in world/universe creation. I've written about a world where the gods play in it like a 4x game, competing for territory and worshipers. I've written a cultivation story in which characters rose not just to the level of immortals, but beyond, to the level of creating worlds of their own. I'm not sure it's possible to really define how powerful these characters are, as it's rather difficult to really identify anything they can't do.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I've written stories about deities and their successes and failures in world/universe creation. I've written about a world where the gods play in it like a 4x game, competing for territory and worshipers. I've written a cultivation story in which characters rose not just to the level of immortals, but beyond, to the level of creating worlds of their own. I'm not sure it's possible to really define how powerful these characters are, as it's rather difficult to really identify anything they can't do.
Easy, they can't beat that one higher tiered god that has created thousands of universes and that look down on the pitiful MC that created a few worlds is nothing but an ant.

Until the MC reveals their secret trump card that actually allows them to create a multiverse and throw it at the higher tier deity, making the opponent realize he had eyes, but couldn't see the mount tai~

So now the big deity is gonna run away and ask for the help of his grandfather, creator of a thousand multiverses to defend his face~

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
I made a bunch of characters when I was young (and admittedly still did it now and why I write n’ stuff), aside from the whole the Author deal no one really have a set power level or be the insanely OP until I think “Older is better” and make the first character I made which is named Fighto/Feito (bad name I know) just flat out the strongest just for that reason, she (or he, her original gender) ended up a power hungry fool who ended up getting powerful to no end inexplicably and destroy the existence itself with next to nothing really existing anymore, made new worlds to atone for her mistake and just existing somewhere trying to not screw things up again. She doesn’t have any gimmick to her, she’s just the strongest and that’s about it. Use blades and fists, loves fire magic, the second strongest character is less than a percent of her full power, all that ridiculous stuff.

ShrimpShady

Nothing crazy.

The character didn't have a name, but he was a Russian sniper who could teleport. Yeah, not exactly mindblowingly OP, but it's a pretty deadly combination on the battlefield.

EngineGear

Daniel Estimar

His power is Energy Manipulation. With enough training, it can evolve into Ergopotence.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
When I was really young, I created 'The Shapeshifter'. Total self-insert, literally.

Originally, she was an ordinary villager from a nameless world. For reasons, she had her soul knocked loose and gained the ability to manipulate her body on an atomic level. Nothing could kill her because souls can't be damaged in my multiverse, and she's basically just a floating soul that can control matter. After a few hundred years she figured out how to open holes to other worlds and Isekai'd herself, long before I ever watched anime, lol. I had a set storyline for her where she picked up interesting powers like psionics from other realities, but mostly I just used her to 'fix' stories that I didn't like. She would jump in and save people, hinder villains, whatever. I ended up liking those plotlines less, thankfully, so she's kind on the shelf these days.

I did end up creating recurring villains for her who could qualify since they have similar powers. 'Discord' or 'Brutality' just likes to destroy things. He would run around breaking everything and doing whatever he liked. 'Treachery' liked to manipulate things so that everyone would kill each other and themselves. 'Glory' wanted to be a hero, but he didn't care about collateral damage, and he didn't show any mercy to enemies either. In this dynamic, I sometimes called her 'Peace', as she was a hardcore pacifist.

The best representation of her power was... I thought about having her Cameo in a game I was designing as a Raid Boss. That's fair enough...
Said game was not an MMO. It was an RTS/Management Sim. Instead of 64 punk ass heroes coming to beat her up, she needed 16 players with full armies to fight her. And in the end, its just a test of their skills where she was never in any danger. This was basically the challenge mode for the game, several scenarios that are meant to test your ability to micro, macro, and pull off unique stunts related to the game. Other games would call it Horde mode, Firefight, Survival, so on.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Being overpowered is a matter of context. I had a DnD character who could shapeshift and furrow in size to be as big as an house, while also iirc being in the top few percentiles of raw strength and constitution (only a few godly avatars were higher up). Was he overpowered? In the context of normal level one NPCs, hilariously. He could kill vast swathes of people with one sweep of his claws, then sneak around as a finch. In the context of fighting divine brings and ancient dragons though? Dude was a literal underdog.

So with that out of the way I have two contenders: Benjamin, from Red Clay Technical Services, a primordial dragon of the land associated with Behemoth. Not literally Behemoth from the old testament, but a creature coincidenctally very close (alongside Ziz and Leviathan). Enough so that he took his name for interacting with Earth's humans from the old testament. He's about as big and wide as a ten mile stretch of eight lane highway, and with his brother, Ziz, out of the picture, is the most powerful dragon on the scene. He commands a megacorporation teeming with magicians, mercenaries and lawyers, enough money to outfit a small army with advanced military gear and claim a stake in the Appalachians if he went to war with the US, enough magicians to carve out his own pocket dimension, and more than enough cash on hand to destabilize any economy. He's the entirety of the Illuminati.

The other contender may well be Buck, from Country Boy Isekai. Everyone assumes he's a half-giant, becayse he's a big lad and stronger than apmoat every other human character. He's really just a good ole boy that did a lot of lifting back home and is hella strong. He has a divine blessing but he doesn't really know what it is (and can't prove he does), and a bad habit of cutting to the chase in a world of anime monologues and cliches. But other than that he's a normal human that gets hurt. He just happens to be physically stronger than the nation of magicians he ended up living in.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
Most OP character I have, is the MC of my story, there might be spoilers though.
Kuro. His ability was to create any abilities he wanted without any downsides, and he can use it wherever he wants. When I grew up though, I nerfed him by removing the downsides part, and kept on nerfing him until I thought "Hey, why not create a novel out of this guy?" And so my novel, the "King" series, started. His ability right now is banned because if he were to use it, the world would literally end, so he needs to get himself stronger in order to contain the ability's backlash.
This part up here is just telling what his ability is without the main context as to how and why he got it in the first place. If you wanna know, let my novel go to the last chapter, which is where everything will be explained.

pelpelen

OH FINALLY!
I daydream a lot and have a literal verse in my head since i can't draw for shit so i'll tell the strongest one here

Appearance:
a balding middle aged man with long hair and a biker mustache.
He wears a karate outfit with the pants replaced with some thigh length white underwear (I forgot the name but imagine shorts but a little bit shorter)
He especially wore sunglasses.
His leg hair showed due to him not wearing any sort of pants

Backstory:
He was actually a boy obsessed with becoming the strongest swordsman.
After getting to a legendary level at swordsmanship he killed the peace-loving demon lord and replaced him.
After that he went around conquering different worlds with the demon army
his swordsmanship got stuck after some centuries
While on a fight with the hero's of some world he managed to invent a technique that could allow his stunned growth to continue
Due to this distraction during the fight and the hero party's effort he got sealed in a mountain for several millennia
during those millennia he managed to perfect his swordsmanship and cut the mountain down and escaped
NOTE: He was actually a very handsome man but during those millennia he grew his mustache and his hairline receded (He is still handsome tho)

Feats:
He actually killed and repalced the will of existence (which is basically the will of everything that existed, exists, will exist and could exist)
He is able to cut space/time
He killed the manifestation of all evil effortlessly

Fun fact:
I made the most beautiful woman (an oni queen) in my entire verse fall in love with him and they're married
I actually imagined him while listening to 黄昏のBay City and imagining him doing a goofy dance while defeating all of the oni queen's subordinates and finally fighting her.
after a while i thought it would be funny to make him the strongest character in my mind so i did
And he doesn't actually have a name (Because i didn't think of any)

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
The owner of the akashic records.

Powers: nigh omniscient, tenant remote, the aura of divine justice, the system, nigh omnipresent, nigh-omnipotent, irrelevant speed, instant death, and talent of believing.

Feats:
1. able to know every single being's name, powers, and the life they have gone through.
2. Created the system which was magic and aura.
3. His magic tenant remote could make everything a remote does in reality. Power of button being instant death, replay button being able to turn back time, speed up button being able to speed up time.
4. Knows that he is being written by someone in this vast world.
5. Sensed someone that doesn't exist to the point that he isn't listed in the book of death.
6. In fusion with the akashic records, he can become total omniscient knowing every single thing in the past, present, and the future but refrains from doing so because he said it removes his emotions.
7. Able to travel through the vast space of nothingness without getting eradicated by the devils that roam that land.
8. He is on par with the ancient clock capable of absolutely controlling time with no exceptions whatsoever even if you are of any higher dimensionality.
9. Defeated the strongest cosmic dragon capable of destroying the whole universe by just simply existing with his sheer size.
10. Defeated the avatar of the ancient clock capable of destroying time and space.
11. Is on par with the omnipotent being with his vast knowledge.
12. Is on par with the omnipresent being with his vast knowledge.
13. Created a barrier capable of blocking god-class devils for an eternity without getting tired whatsoever.
14. He can cancel every single power related to mana and aura making them useless against him.
15. Survived the war between the strongest devil and the omnipotent god albeit barely.
16. Created universes with his own will just by looking at them.
17. Existed outside of infinity making him immortal with no way of being killed.
18. Capable of getting stronger than the enemy by simply believing which is the power of his talent.

There may be more but that is the few that I have listed.

Titles: the omniscient being, the lazy bastard, the creator of systems, the dragon killer, the strongest being, survivor of the fall, the devil hunter, the world bringer, that nerd, bookworm, incompetent bastard, guardian of the real world, the owner of the akashic records, and master of death.

As you may know from the titles yeah... He's incompetent. I am also in the progress of making the story lol.

D

Deleted member 93348

Hokori Udemaeno (腕前乃 誇利), my novel’s lead character.

Powers: godly physical strength (literally), “flight” via kicking the air, biomanipulation, a picosecond healing factor, unable to die unless an atomizer can bypass his “Ultimate Shield” (which nullifies magic, even high-tier reality warping), healing anyone to full strength and zero fatigue, resurrecting the recently dead, organic bone armor flushed red with his blood, the “Ultimate Spear” being his fullest potential, and a centillion power level. Usually, that’s 303 zeroes, but his fullest taps into the long scale version (600 zeroes). :)

Feats:
1. Annihilating a thousand beasts that can decimate cities in hours.
2. Curb-stomping a Kirito expy by not giving a fuck via bobbing around and karate-chopping his neck.
3. Man-handling a race (Earthly Mythos) known to hold back three archmages at once.
4. Healing said archmages in the capital’s colosseum just to pulverize them again during his “training.”
5. Healing any poor sod that piqued his interest.
6. Killed a reality warper who could bring any multimedia to life (i.e., Iskandar, Dio, Castlevania’s Dracula, SAO bosses, Itachi, Whitebeard, Yhwach, Jiren, and even the Anti-Spiral king.)
7. Bypassing Yhwach’s The Almighty since his healing factor never let him die by his hands.
8. No-selling every move the Anti-Spiral king threw at him, even in its Super Granzeboma form.

And that’s only the whacky shit I’ve written so far. In the prequel, he achieved an even crazier feat against the main villain. As the story goes on, not even the Gods and their stronger contraptions can compare combined.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
A monk.
I managed to make an infinite feedback loop where every attack she got 2 more attacks if she hit and she could dump an attack to make it touch attack. If you attacked her she got a free attack on you, and if you missed she got a free attack. Oh, if she killed someone she got a free attack, and every time she hit someone she could move an extra 5 feet. Oh, if you taks any action in her threat range, she gets a free attack.

Oh, and i managed to layer over sixty weapon special abilities on her fists by using various magic items.

Round one, she touch attacks for no damage an ally for about 1 million attacks, gaining a movement of 5 million feet, then manifests glory tongue as a free action so her tongue grows 100 feet giving her a threat range of 105 feet, and then on her first move action she runs around doing about 200 hp damage a blow to all the enemies she can reach, which is anywhere on the planet.

Then she takes her first ATTACK action.

Not bad for 16th level.

Who says monks suck?

But for the record, nobody beats Pun-Pun.

Last edited:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
God. However, he is not omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, he is only omnipotent and omnipresent.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
God. However, he is not omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, he is only omnipotent and omnipresent.
Ironically, I never have my gods like that. As a fundamental limitation, I never use infinities. If there are no infinities, there aren't any Omni-anythings.