Why Are Cockroaches So Terrifying?

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
I was trying to prepare some food to eat before sleeping when I saw one flying in the living room. My legs carried me out of that room faster than you could say, Jack Robinson. I don't understand it. Aren't we supposed to be the bigger ones? What is it about them that awakens such a raw, primal fear? Or is it disgust?

Last edited:

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I was trying to prepare some food to eat before sleeping when I saw one flying in the living room. My legs carried me out of that room faster than you could say, Jack Robinson. I don't understand it. Aren't we supposed to be the bigger ones? What is it about them that awakens such a raw, primal fear?
Might be to do with the instinctual fear of bugs. Bugs = rotten food, and there are some bugs that are venomous/poisonous.

4t4t

I was trying to prepare some food to eat before sleeping when I saw one flying in the living room. My legs carried me out of that room faster than you could say, Jack Robinson. I don't understand it. Aren't we supposed to be the bigger ones? What is it about them that awakens such a raw, primal fear? Or is it disgust?
Freaking disgusting creatures really, you gave me the shivers there... the flying ones are too creepy.
But you've got to give them credit for being immune to deadly chemical substances and nuclear radiation & a lot more that we wouldn't dream of even surviving, right!

4t4t

Might be to do with the instinctual fear of bugs. Bugs = rotten food, and there are some bugs that are venomous/poisonous.
Yeah, my instincts just flare instantly whenever I encounter bugs. Once it happens my reflex would be flight, always flight! Terribly-embarrassing by the way... got laughed-at like a zillion-times over.
Funny thing is that I don't even fear bugs to begin with, that's why I don't bother explaining myself.
I gave-up doing that long ago.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Yeah, my instincts just flare instantly whenever I encounter bugs. Once it happens my reflex would be flight, always flight! Terribly-embarrassing by the way... got laughed-at like a zillion-times over.
Funny thing is that I don't even fear bugs to begin with, that's why I don't bother explaining myself.
I gave-up doing that long ago.
I feel the same way. I am jumpy whenever anything gets near me really.

4t4t

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I know we are bigger but I think we have the right to fear a being that can survive a nuclear blast, no matter how small it is.

sanitylimited

you spend the first 18 years of your life learning mostly stuff you will never use while the cockroach is out grindin having a fullfiiiling life of adventure.

its a coping mechanism to prevent you from spiraling into depresion after realizing a bug has a better life then you. always assume everything else sucks. you are peak life

D

Deleted member 54065

THEIR LEGS CRAWLING ON YOU ARE ICKY. THEY SMELL BAD. AND FINALLY...IT'S. BECAUSE. THEY. FLY.

Also, in our culture, there's a running joke that cockroaches are the real 'men', since they can make everyone scream.

Last edited by a moderator:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My elementary school librarian had Madagascar hissing cockroaches, so the only thing I feel if I see a cockroach is disappointment that it won't hiss.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Chapter 73 of The Greatest Real Estate Developer: https://www.asurascans.com/0906168628-the-greatest-estate-developer-chapter-73/

I think you'll really relate to the dragon once you get very near the end of the chapter (but I would recommending reading all of the genius that is this manga.

i think the last time i saw cockroaches, it was found dead inside my bathroom. while they could survive nuclear radiations, sometimes i'm curious what in my bathroom made it more hazardous.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I treat every single encounter with cockroaches as a life or death battle :blob_ghost:

Tempokai

Overworked One
They're not terrifying. They're fun to kill. In my childhood my uncle had cockroaches near his old countertop, and I had fun killing them barehanded or with a gazette. They're not fun to touch, though. Like a bad quality plastic.