Why Are Cockroaches So Terrifying?

D

Deleted member 113259

They're not. Quite cute for bugs actually, and your local fancy restaurant isn't complete without a few in the kitchen.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Cockroaches aren't scary for me, they make me excited because I can indulge in my pyromaniac side. The sound of roaring flame is quite nice imo

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
They're like Shippers. You can't really get rid of them and if you try you either burn 'em down for good or they come back even more annoying than before.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
it's because when you cut them in half, they don't die, but turn into TWO cockroaches.

I like bugs but those guys are a bridge too far. Like earwigs. Actually earwigs are worse. My son loves all bugs though. ALL bugs.

nowme_cres

I was trying to prepare some food to eat before sleeping when I saw one flying in the living room. My legs carried me out of that room faster than you could say, Jack Robinson. I don't understand it. Aren't we supposed to be the bigger ones? What is it about them that awakens such a raw, primal fear? Or is it disgust?
Might be a your childhood thing. Also they aren't supposed to be flying from my experience.