Why did you become the villain?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
This is an extremely simple question.

You became the villain of a novel.

How did you get there? Why are you the villain? How did the ordinary you of today (February 10, 2020) undergo the journey to become a villain?

Daitengu

Simple answer for a simple question: I lost. The spoils to the Victor. What is justice without power? Evil, for it leads to hopelessness. What is power without justice? Evil, for it leads to corruption.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Being good is much too boring, and anyone who has read a good novel with the struggles between the hero and the villain will know that the villain is always much more interesting. More depth, more vileness, a desire to know more. They have an ambition that is fun to dissect, and while petty villains are nothing, I desire to see the hero squirm.

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
I am the villain because I am your opposition. Who's good and who's evil is decided by the victor, and I don't intend to lose.

Last edited:

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Life is a circus, and I'm tired of watching from the stands.

I put on this make up, this costume, this facade, because I want to be the clown.

"I want to play in the spotlight, able to do as I please while others only watch.

I need— no, crave the feeling I get from the acts I perform.

If the performance is bad, what do you do?
You can leave, and do something better.

That is a viable option, yes.

Or, you can be like them, and write a script of your own making.

This is just a show for me, and you just got the hook."

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Rules. I hate rules. They're constricting and confining. If I don't like it, why should I follow it? Good for the people? Why can't I focus on what's good for me? I'm only one person. It shouldn't matter what I do.

In the same vein, one person can accomplish quite a lot. Jadav Payeng planted a forest by himself. Dashrath Manjhi carved a road through a mountain. Justo Gallego Martinez built a cathedral by hand.

Me? Nothing grand, really. I just want my life lived the way I want to. And as I live my life, I will laugh at the ripples of chaos it inflicts as far as it can go. It would be interesting to see. After all, as Yogi Berra once said before, “Little things make a big difference.”

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well one, I am not good. While I may not be a villain, I will definitely not be a hero. What is there to protect, but the blackened hearts of everyone in this society, who will most likely turn on you at a hat's drop. Even worse for those who still remains by your side, because you have the power to protect yourself, they don't.

If I must become a villain and start to stand out like a sore thumb to everyone, I will be hell sure to have a good reason for that. Maybe my pet goldfish got eaten again by that old witch's cat Melvin again, maybe my boss decides to scold me instead of the actual perpetrator because the fucker is top sales, maybe my favourite food sold out during a lunch break, all in all, all I need is just a bad day.

Or if the hero is a massive cuntasaurus for the last time and so are his mindless believers, may be all I really need is a loaded gun to go running around shooting at people, maybe I can just cut loose and drop people left and right because I solely feel like it, maybe I am really just a massive pervert who really wants to let it go as I torch and destroy everything I go, seeing how nothing in this world go my way or maybe I am too stubborn to understand the fucking notion of going with the flow.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
There was a quantum anomaly in an alternate universe and it just so happens that my villain coefficient and type matched that of another. Thus my soul transmigrated due to a phase shift and I found myself taking the role of "Villain".

I always thought I was so righteous, self-righteous maybe, but my true nature was denying that I had the soul of a villain. Once I was placed in a position that let my darker traits bloom I realized the truth. The true way to wield power is to abuse it and the true test of evil power is what you can get away with without being held accountable for your actions.

Ohohoho

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_cookie:

I have recognised long since that right and wrong are primarily questions of perspective within an artificial system. Furthermore, I have realised that it doesn't particularly matter on which side of history you stand. It is the nature of violence to destroy. I will not only destroy you in my way. I will destroy your beliefs, your world, everything you ever considered precious. I will eradicate your entire existence from this world and your cause will be forgotten in the sands of time.

Because I know that war is not a struggle between good and evil, between heroes and villains. War, my friend, merely determines who survives.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
HAHA well I wanted to become a villain cause world is unfair or I don't care any more but just fun or ruling something or just going pure rampage or screwing people either way I want to do what I want not what anyone has on me like that bastard void being a god of darknesss that is just fucken boring as hell oh fuck me I gotta go now.

Void: GET THE FUCK BACK HERE YOU BASTARD!!! as rushes at Mr.Darknesss at IMMEASURABLE SPEEDS

Bronzeapollo

The abyss is dark and daunting but it offers a form of comfort that pulls you in. While the light is burning, it's tiring to always stand in the spotlight, to be the person of reverence. Light wishes for you to be your best man, while Darkness desires torpidity. Light is inherently pushing you towards Darkness. With every punch and trial you are beaten and battered. Light doesn't let up, more trials one after another. Darkness is comforting, she wants you to be you, not your best but as you are now.

I like it in Darkness, under her care, wrapped in her embrace. It is not yet that I'm the villain. Light led me here, pushed me here with every trial. I only wanted to rest.

It is your view of Darkness and who I'm that created me. You view me as sinner against light because I could no longer take the beating. I'm the villain because you view me as such. I don't want to fight you though, I have no interest in being your enemy.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I'm not a villain as much as I am called the villain by the media. The government turned corrupt, or maybe it had been corrupt all along and just started being more open about it -- the point is, because the government is unjust and oppressive, I seek to destroy it. And that is why the media labelled me a villain. Because I'm a part of the resistance.
And you know what gets results against a corrupt, evil government? Violence, terrorism, fighting back. So, maybe I even leaned into the villain aesthetic, as a statement. If despite fighting for good I still get called a villain, well, I can't get called a villain even more, so what harm in wearing a mad scientist outfit? That's what I look good in after all.

A hero in villain's clothing, fighting against an evil government that'd call the hero a villain no matter what anyways.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
>.>
<.<

I got hit by Truck-kun and reincarnated as the villainess of an Eroero Otome Game and I'm destined to fall into poverty and sell my body to ugly fat nobles to make a living.

... Therefore, rather than doing the usual route that those protagonists go and simply become a good girl and avoid the destruction end by default, I'll instead become a real villainess and conquer the world! I can't fall into poverty if the whole world is mine, peasants! Ooooooooooohohohohohoho!

yunano34a1

The isekai world ran out of true villains and the manipulative became bored or converted. Only puny ones were left and usually slained by the newly transported heroes and by the power of friendship. Just like the heroes, I will farm for exp and be stronger by defeating the weaker heroes first. Start a religious cult and band together those who used to worship the unholy Gods. And start my 10,000 year plan (Definitely not an Overlord reference).