Why do all the yuri novels seem to be gender-bender?

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
Yeah, let's just keep politics out of this. Anyway...
Asking me? When i mention trans yuri/GL, i mean stories where the protagonist is trans. For example, the kammiverse stories or Trouble with Horns.
Thank you for bringing those up! I've read all but one of those so far in the last week, and they are absolutely amazing! Kammi Kettu, Falling Over, Pellan Rise, Silver Light, Will of Bastet, Trouble With Horns, and the soon-to-come Snowbound are all must reads. Anyone who likes Yuri, Trans, or GB will absolutely love them.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
You've missed Mouse in the circuitry in that list! Also, hey, wink wink nudge nudge, the two stories I've published to SH are also trans GB stuff (and I should probably port some older stuff as well that gets really yuri).

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'm a little curious, but is a lot of the authors in this genre from TGS?

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Aye, I am, so are Valerie, Katie, Josephine, SarcasticNut, amongst others I know I'm forgetting.

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
Alright, so while I love the LGBTQ+ representation going on in this thread, it was meant to be for yuri specifically. Anyone have some traditional yuri stories I can read? Reccomendations pls! :blob_reach:

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
Gah, I want to write traditional yuri, but I can't until my current story finishes. But I shall promise that yuri will be coming in the future. Maybe not always fluffy yuri but yuri nonetheless.