Why do characters get Isekaid?

Macha

Not a Klutz
An associate of mine came up with an idea after re-reading several personal favorites as to why the protagonists get Isekaid into fantastical worlds in the first place.

The characters do not actually perish after being hit by Truck-kun and his ilk. Aside from a few outliers, the people go into a profound coma instead of dying, giving them the illusion of death while their minds concoct a story about their being transported to a different planet, which is the same universe as their favorite literature. Shocking, we know.

This idea would explain the stories' complete lack of logic, as we don't expect a comatose patient to think clearly about the garbage they're pouring through their imagination.

NonReal

As good of an explanation as any.

Though there were few stories with that premise, or with the main character unknowingly experiencing a virtual simulation. And I can't remember even one of them where such a revelation at the end didn't turn cringy. Though admittedly cringy seems a par of a course for the isekai genre.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
An associate of mine came up with an idea after re-reading several personal favorites as to why the protagonists get Isekaid into fantastical worlds in the first place.

The characters do not actually perish after being hit by Truck-kun and his ilk. Aside from a few outliers, the people go into a profound coma instead of dying, giving them the illusion of death while their minds concoct a story about their being transported to a different planet, which is the same universe as their favorite literature. Shocking, we know.

This idea would explain the stories' complete lack of logic, as we don't expect a comatose patient to think clearly about the garbage they're pouring through their imagination.
They get set to another world. Lol

D

Deleted member 57675

Sometimes i think this too.

SternenklarenRitter

Sometimes its because they tried to keep a pet Koromon when they were two, establishing a permanent link to the digital world.