Why do people start a new thread but the OP never posts anything again?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Speaking of which, what do you people usually have for breakfast?

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
It just seems a bit rude to throw something out there and leave it hanging in the air weather or not their reply was received. Maybe it is just too much for someone to throw out a "Thank you for your thoughts" here and there idk. It seems weird to me.
Do reactions count as a suitable substitute?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
One of the great mysteries of the internet. Someone posts "Hey what about such and such?" and 20 posts follow. As time go ones they have less and less relevance to the first post. I find myself wondering if the original poster is even noticing the replies. If they are not engaging other than just the first post what is the whole point of the exercise?
Often times I pose a question and put a somewhat detailed response. Since my take is already out I tend to just read other peoples takes on that question, which tend to be different from mine. I only reply if I am asked for my thoughts on their response, if I disagree massively or think they made a major mistake, if they manage to convince me I am wrong/need to look deeper in my response, and/or if I just want to reply to something.

To put it simply if I have nothing to add, why try to?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
the answers are too good and nice that OP has nothing to add

The fish in comparison is very cynical while answering, that's why many OPs can't sit still and have to counter. Tehee~ :blobchristmas:

Gibbs505

It just seems a bit rude to throw something out there and leave it hanging in the air weather or not their reply was received. Maybe it is just too much for someone to throw out a "Thank you for your thoughts" here and there idk. It seems weird to me.
Just like viewing and not having anything to say?