Why do we write?

Nekroz

For a long while I wondered what was it that made me want to write. I only figured it out today. I write because God gave me the ability to do so, and that by doing so I express his glory.
But that's just me. Why do you[whoever you are] write?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Eh, god(whichever one you worship) gave everyone the ability to write. Though only some have the imagination to go with it.

I write to escape my reality. *Pretty shitty. Minus my cat. Probably the only good thing I have in my actual life. Woot for felines!*

Thus, I create worlds and characters to escape my current reality. Though it is funny since I actually make their lives a living nightmare at times. So am I escaping my reality, really? Hm... I wonder...

Ah yes... I guess I am. :blob_hide: They have a better ending than me.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
For a long while I wondered what was it that made me want to write. I only figured it out today. I write because God gave me the ability to do so, and that by doing so I express his glory.
I write because the heavens cursed me with ungodly talent. I did not choose this life. I did not want this life. But someone must put the words of God to written form, and sadly that task has been placed upon me.

Were I an ordinary man of small talents, a normal plebeian like you and so many others, I may have found peace and happiness.

But I'm not. I am a man burdened by his own excellency.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
I write because the heavens cursed me with ungodly talent. I did not choose this life. I did not want this life. But someone must put the words of God to written form, and sadly that task has been placed upon me.

Were I an ordinary man of small talents, a normal plebeian like you and so many others, I may have found peace and happiness.

But I'm not. I am a man burdened by his own excellency.
Can I get an Amen for these holy words?

LostLibrarian

Because every time I try to stop, my mind forces me back to writing...

Nekroz

Eh, god(whichever one you worship) gave everyone the ability to write. Though only some have the imagination to go with it.

I write to escape my reality. *Pretty shitty. Minus my cat. Probably the only good thing I have in my actual life. Woot for felines!*

Thus, I create worlds and characters to escape my current reality. Though it is funny since I actually make their lives a living nightmare at times. So am I escaping my reality, really? Hm... I wonder...

That used to be one of the reasons I wrote. An escape from my issues. Then I realized that people kinda cared about the characters I wrote and wanted to see what would happen to them. It changed my reasons a little after that.
Then after a while I got into God, changed my life, and learned something: the lord my God cares. He cared enough to create me. He cared enough to send his only begotten son into the world and sacrifice him for all of mankind's sins. And that all it takes to be forgiven is just accepting that you've already been forgiven. That by being forgiven and through you will change. That your life will get better, not right away mind you, and that God is still willing to forgive and bless after you mess it up again. Cause you will. He already knew that when he forgave you the first time, and the second time, and so on. That all you have to do to get a better everything is have faith that God will give it to you.
I mean he already gave us his son. Why wouldn't he give us more?

I'm talking about Jesus by the way.

Vnator

That's pretty much the reason why I read, and why I was never fond of shows like Arthur when I was a kid. It was always too real, man. I have to deal with all of that enough in real life, I don't want it to bother with it while trying to escape it!

Also for me, my reason for writing is that I have a bunch of really cool ideas in my head that I've felt are exciting and inspiring, and I want to share that with others! Seeing people comment and express their enjoyment is my favorite part of writing! (so please comment on my story below if you can to cheer me up :P)

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I'm seriously torn between being mad at myself and just about everyone else here for trolling on this honest calling and asking what they expected on a forum that's mainly about which sexual abomination is the hottest to read.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I've loved reading ever since I was like 6? So I learned to read and now that I've read so much, it's starting to bubble over. So why not just write my imagination out?

Nekroz

I'm seriously torn between being mad at myself and just about everyone else here for trolling on this honest calling and asking what they expected on a forum that's mainly about which sexual abomination is the hottest to read.
I expected this. And yet I asked anyway.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Because I have been reading for so long until I do not gain much satisfaction from reading tropes anymore. The next step is to amalgamate and form what I deem as the perfect piece that I myself would want to read. Basically creating my own benchmark, and perhaps not be able to enjoy reading again if it does set my new standards.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
That used to be one of the reasons I wrote. An escape from my issues. Then I realized that people kinda cared about the characters I wrote and wanted to see what would happen to them. It changed my reasons a little after that.
Then after a while I got into God, changed my life, and learned something: the lord my God cares. He cared enough to create me. He cared enough to send his only begotten son into the world and sacrifice him for all of mankind's sins. And that all it takes to be forgiven is just accepting that you've already been forgiven. That by being forgiven and through you will change. That your life will get better, not right away mind you, and that God is still willing to forgive and bless after you mess it up again. Cause you will. He already knew that when he forgave you the first time, and the second time, and so on. That all you have to do to get a better everything is have faith that God will give it to you.
I mean he already gave us his son. Why wouldn't he give us more?

I'm talking about Jesus by the way.
Uh, okay! :blob_hide: I won't go into religious discussions, but that sounds powerful! You do you, my dear!
That's pretty much the reason why I read, and why I was never fond of shows like Arthur when I was a kid. It was always too real, man. I have to deal with all of that enough in real life, I don't want it to bother with it while trying to escape it!
Heheheheh... I always tend to run to the dark side in my stories. Maybe in the hopes to find a better light.:blob_melt:
Because his bush isn't burning... :blob_neutral:
*Gasp* Noooooo, the horror!:blob_catflip: