Why do you guys have 'Shota' and 'Loli' tags when it's against content guidelines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivian-M.K.

https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ It says right here it's not allowed as they must be 18+, so why do you have tags for it? And they don't even try to hide it when half the stories under them are straight up marked as 'harem' 'ecchie' and/or 'smut'

It just comes off like you guys made the content guidelines to cover yourselves, but don't actually care if there's creepy pedo shit on your site.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ It says right here it's not allowed as they must be 18+, so why do you have tags for it? And they don't even try to hide it when half the stories under them are straight up marked as 'harem' 'ecchie' and/or 'smut'

It just comes off like you guys made the content guidelines to cover yourselves, but don't actually care if there's creepy pedo shit on your site.

Loli:
This tag is to be used ONLY when either the protagonist, or one of the love interests of the protagonist is a loli. It is not recommended to use this tag for other characters, no matter how important their role is. A loli is a short girl who looks like a child, no matter how much her real age is.

Shota:
This tag is to be used ONLY when either the protagonist or one of the love interests of the protagonist is a shota. It is not recommended to use this tag for other characters, no matter how important their role is. A shota is a short boy who looks like a child, no matter how much his real age is.

Vivian-M.K.

Are you seriously hiding behind the 'she's actually 1,000 years old' defense for why it's okay for small kids to be in ecchie stories?

And you even straight up include 'boy' in shota and 'girl' in loli. You DO realize that those are kid tags, right?

LostLibrarian

It says right here it's not allowed as they must be 18+, so why do you have tags for it?
I mean, sexual content needs to be 18+. Loli and shota can easily exist outside of sexual content, so it clearly isn't against content guidelines. So not even using the "1000 year old loli" discussion, your argument is clearly wrong.

That said, there is also a lot of niche content, whether people like it or not. I don't like it, but I also don't care. It's a fictional story. If you don't like the content and feel so strongly about it, just use the report function on chapters with such content...

ou DO realize that those are kid tags, right?
Would "female homo sapiens of unknown age" sound better to you...

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Are you seriously hiding behind the 'she's actually 1,000 years old' defense for why it's okay for small kids to be in ecchie stories?

And you even straight up include 'boy' in shota and 'girl' in loli. You DO realize that those are kid tags, right?
Shh . . . Let other people enjoy things. Just because it's not your fetish and you don't understand it doesn't mean you have to crusade against it. Does it actually harm anyone? Perhaps you should ask some people who enjoy the fetish why they like it and seek to understand them better.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
-- John 8:7

Vivian-M.K.

Shh . . . Let other people enjoy things. Just because it's not your fetish and you don't understand it doesn't mean you have to crusade against it. Does it actually harm anyone? Perhaps you should ask some people who enjoy the fetish why they like it and seek to understand them better.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
-- John 8:7
We have no desire to understand disgusting filth that want to have sex with kids, and we assumed that this site would be better than to enable that crap.

I mean, sexual content needs to be 18+. Loli and shota can easily exist outside of sexual content, so it clearly isn't against content guidelines. So not even using the "1000 year old loli" discussion, your argument is clearly wrong.

That said, there is also a lot of niche content, whether people like it or not. I don't like it, but I also don't care. It's a fictional story. If you don't like the content and feel so strongly about it, just use the report function on chapters with such content...

Would "female homo sapiens of unknown age" sound better to you...
Half of all stories with Shota and/or Loli are under the 'ecchi' 'harem' and/or 'smut' genre. It doesn't take much thought to put two and two together.

LostLibrarian

Half of all stories with Shota and/or Loli are under the 'ecchi' 'harem' and/or 'smut' genre. It doesn't take much thought to put two and two together.
Just because there is ecchi or harem in a story doesn't mean there is sexual content done with a minor. There even is a harem trope where such characters are seen more as daughters compared to potential partners. With familial love instead of sexual attraction.
And again: if you find a specific chapter where this happens, then go and report it.

But so far, you just scream "But what if" coupled with an obviously false statement, trying to push your point through.
If you see something - and given the site's size such stuff will exist - go and report it. But don't just throw a tantrum against an entire community, generalizing everything.

If you hate that this stuff exists - and as said, I also don't approve of if - go and report it.
That makes you look better than going on confrontation over a rule you didn't understand correctly due to your bias.

‐----------------‐--------------------------------------------------
Often times, the loudest and staunchest oppositions are the greatest offenders. Projecting much?
The tone, action, and half-truths look more like modern twitter outrage against the anime community/culture...

Vivian-M.K.

Just because there is ecchi or harem in a story doesn't mean there is sexual content done with a minor. There even is a harem trope where such characters are seen more as daughters compared to potential partners. With familial love instead of sexual attraction.
And again: if you find a specific chapter where this happens, then go and report it.

But so far, you just scream "But what if" coupled with an obviously false statement, trying to push your point through.
If you see something - and given the site's size such stuff will exist - go and report it. But don't just throw a tantrum against an entire community, generalizing everything.

If you hate that this stuff exists - and as said, I also don't approve of if - go and report it.
That makes you look better than going on confrontation over a rule you didn't understand correctly due to your bias.
No, I'm not saying 'what if.'

I'm saying 'The main character is a young boy or girl in a smut/harem/ecchi story.' Which going by the tags of Shota and Loli given by Tony, that's a very true statement.

And because that's the moderators job.

Vicky

I'm saying 'The main character is a young boy or girl in a smut/harem/ecchi story.' Which going by the tags of Shota and Loli given by Tony, that's a very true statement.

Just because you have a loli and the smut tag at the same time, it does not mean that the loli character is the one having sex.

LostLibrarian

But you do.
And now you just use half of the definition, to excuse your generalization. The tag doesn't define whether it is the protagonist or one of the main (side/loved) characters. Who then don't necessarily have to be part of sexual activities. So yeah, you clearly are still saying "what if". So yeah, "loli and smut" can still abide by the rules. Simple as that.

And not only is the title and your actual complaint simply wrong, now you try to reframe it by leaving out stuff. That doesn't make you or your point look good. It makes you look like a screeching person from twitter. And everyone should avoid looking like that.

Are there stories, that won't follow it and break the rules? Sure. But the way you go about it, is just utterly toxic, trying to change a community you came in late. If you find such stories, report them. That's that. If you don't want to do that work, then live with the fact, that others also won't do the work.

No, it isn't. It also isn't possible with the amount of content published on the site.
You even agreed in the ToS that it isn't the moderators' job. So yeah, you are wrong again. Congratulation.

It's the moderators' job to go through reports and make sure, reported rule-breaking is dealt with.
So if you want such content gone for good: take 20 minutes and fill out those reports.
If it is as easy and clear as you say, there shouldn't be a problem to directly find those chapters and report them...

Last edited:

Vivian-M.K.

We got the chance to cool down.

We want to apologize to the people here about how we acted in this thread. Tonight was not a good night for us and we regretfully made it much more of a show of than we should have. We know it's not a good excuse, but we're sorry, and we'll do our best to keep from doing something like this again.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Come round here and watch the hero scream at the clouds, protecting these innocent digital children from the grubby hands of old pervs. Oh, how brave and valiantly he charges towards the windmill with the children in mind.

"Enable" my ass. What part of enabling is this? Sure, let's go with what you said. "This sort of content lets pedophiles live out their fantasies." So fucking what? I'll take this extreme stance and yeah, you can @ me on this: I'd much rather trust a guy who's cognizant enough to live out his fantasies in fiction than in real life. I won't let him near my children, but I won't condemn him just because he's got sick tastes. Sure, it "enabled" a man to live a dream, but that's a thread flimsier than a cotton ball.

Hey look, a left-wing oriented activist group got ousted as a pedo ring, does that mean left-wing politics are a sort of enabler? Hey look, this Smash Bros community got some accusations in it. Mario's making adults want to fuck kids, right? The church's pastor's just got found out for humping the choir boy. Must be the Bible's fault, right?

Your arguement is just as compelling as the boomer "gay makes people rape children" take. You only made a connection because you saw "content that simulates childlike behaviour" and drew it to "wanting to fuck children" without considering the fundamental difference that it's fiction. You're like the early 2000s equivalent of "GTA is training school shooters and mass murderers". You're just finding an easy connection to make and accusing it of doing something bad so you can put yourself in an elevated position going "I see you guys are doing something bad, I NOTICED that, and you didn't, and you're bad for not noticing it, and worse because you disagreed with me and now you're lower than scum".

No. I simply have something called morals and have the backbone to call out disgusting bullshit when we see it. Nice try, but try harder next time.
No, you don't. You could've reported the site. You could've went up to an authorial figure and launched a complaint. You could've avoided using this platform in avoidance of supporting it with traffic and gain public awareness against it using other means. You didn't. You went straight into the heart of the beast and told said beast that "it's a bad boy and you should feel ashamed of yourself" without any contingency plan besides "repeat step 1 indefinitely'.

Your 'backbone' is nothing but a ten foot pole shoved up your ass that you convinced yourself to be your 'morals'. Your 'morals' amount to nothing but a door-to-door Christian preacher condemning Muslims at the strip mall. You're not doing any good. You're simply a mediocre person standing amongst what you consider "filth" so you could stand out by pure contrast. You aren't shit. You walked in, flung shit across the room, and deemed yourself the local hero.

We've seen enough of your kind to make trading card games out of it. You'd make it your mission to rid the site of your hypothetical pedos but skim your eyes over a missing child poster. You're no "moral hero". You're just white noise hiding what empty values you hold within.

Edit
Apparently OP sent an apology 7 minutes before I posted this, AS I was writing this. Well shit... this is awkward.

EternalSunset0

I'm actually amazed we had one of these episodes here, and I thought I somehow transported into Western Twitter for a sec.

The episode's over, so I pretty much don't have anything more to say than to just repeat what K5 said. Don't like it, leave those people who do alone. I've been here for almost a year, so these people know I rarely get pissed, but looking at the exchanges... damn.

At least you apologized for causing the scene, so we're cool. I sure do hope we don't see another instance of this again.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm actually amazed we had one of these episodes here, and I thought I somehow transported into Western Twitter for a sec.

The episode's over, so I pretty much don't have anything more to say than to just repeat what K5 said. Don't like it, leave those people who do alone. I've been here for almost a year, so these people know I rarely get pissed, but looking at the exchanges... damn.

At least you apologized for causing the scene, so we're cool. I sure do hope we don't see another instance of this again.
Time is a flat fucking circle. I've seen enough of this shit to know there's gonna be another one of these threads in six months, minimum.

EternalSunset0

Edit
Apparently OP sent an apology 7 minutes before I posted this, AS I was writing this. Well shit... this is awkward.
To be fair, I think the intentions were legit. Person wouldn't have continued open firing on another thread out of nowhere to yell the moral guardian tirades otherwise.

Edit: Which you replied to already so you know which one is it lol.

The conduct was just appalling. Could have disapproved without pulling every Twitter buzzword in very hostile arguments.

A lot of us in the anime community are so sick of people like these barking at the community as a whole and shoving their morals down our ass for even the slightest things that are "sexualized" so seeing clapback like the replies in this thread is a welcome sight.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

I keep telling myself this isn't my fight, but I can't stop myself anymore. Some people think that children can choose the gender, but the said children can't choose when and whom to love. :blob_joy:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
The tone, action, and half-truths look more like modern twitter outrage against the anime community/culture...
Yes it does, doesnt it?
Are there stories, that won't follow it and break the rules? Sure. But the way you go about it, is just utterly toxic, trying to change a community you came in late. If you find such stories, report them. That's that. If you don't want to do that work, then live with the fact, that others also won't do the work.
Hey, that's the process. late comers think they know best and try to change things in a toxic manner. Gatekeeping can be bad but at the same time, it exists because of toxic late comers and antis who come in and try to change or take over things
You're like the early 2000s equivalent of "GTA is training school shooters and mass murderers".
yeah, that line was always funny and came often from rigged studies that had their result set before testing. recent studies have found no basis for the belief that violent video games increase aggression. I believe i saw one study mentioned a little while ago that found violent video games actually reduced the potential of aggression in males, compared to non-gamers. The only spikes of aggression that studies saw were during gameplay itself and were back to baseline after gameplay.

---------------------
Honestly, i dont like loli but im not gonna call for it's eradication or anything. I'll just give lolicons jovial shit-taking about them. XD

A lot of us in the anime community are so sick of people like these barking at the community as a whole and shoving their morals down our ass for even the slightest things that are "sexualized" so seeing clapback like the replies in this thread is a welcome sight.
Oh yes. In discussions over a few different and varied topics, you wouldnt believe the amount of times moralizing puritan tards have rolled out the "you like sexy anime girls so you shouldnt comment on anything" card when i've run their other arguments into the ground. The great irony is a lot of the time they turn out to be furries (who really shouldnt be throwing stones)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
There are some really cute [Shota/Loli] x [onee/oni] stories that that have shota/loli tag while there is NO sexual activity at all. Just cute interactions and silly situations.

shota and loli tags are needed…

Status
Not open for further replies.