Why do you think JP novel authors always write inconsistent beta-characters? Especially fantasies

Hence

You know Jp novels always got a massive advantage when it comes to novels.... Yet despite that. despite the always NEW and INTERESTING PREMISE, COLORFUL ART, MASSIVE AUDIENCE.... These goddamnnnn for 🦆 sake authors Always try'na made the MC a LITERALLLLL BETA MC. Name it- Op but ignorant, Illogical harem, Hypocritical Mc, Brain ded, Always bow to literal anyone, Spineless, World with no common sense, A Denser than the black hole MC
( like for example, on a certain novel that i forgot, There's that 6 years old mc with harem, member of the harem are similar age of his, Then erotic scene...bruh, author is clearly a pedophile bastard)

Wut else....?..... Hmmmm
Ah yes, Slave to girls, Deux ex machina, Dick-less bs, jiggling loli, So kind~ so ducking KIND, As always... The MC Is always average. Specially the face.... Meh

I have read lot of novels, at one time I've come to love them. But as i experienced reading a novel with full-proof plot and interaction, i had realize how brain ded the Average Jp novel is

You know i would rather read a Chinese face slapping novel than those dick-less kind mc. -atleast i can experienced the taste of the villain drinking it's own medicine than The MC who just forgive The VILLAIN.

So guys. Why do you think they still continued to write a novel thats clearly inconsistent and illogical novel in the first place? -despite it's interesting premise?

Is it becuz they target the market of Kids? If so, can they atleast made them readable for older audience?

What do you guys think?
They should atleast knew the Obvious Plot hole yes?
They should atleast knew how illogical the world and character yes?

LMFAO

Agentt

Thighs
Quite a simple reasom

Escapism.

Like. It is impossible to describe in words how stressful the environment and culture is for the JP people, both the students and the workforce.

So, it is really a refreshing moment when you can just shut your mind off and go back to the days of watching power rangers where every monster was killed in one blast.

There is also self projection, it is incredible to imagine yourself as the MC.

Unfortunately, real life men don't know how to talk to girls, hence the MC are often such betas.

And it's nice to tell yourself it's alright to be beta because women who like betas exist,

Hence

They continue to write those novels because it's popular. And you should probably start reading something other than RomComs and Isekais.
Meh~
Romcom is kinda repetitive to me, so i stopped reading
And Isekai's? Its the main genre that im talking about. Especially the mc Being an adult or middle aged man, then act like a ignorant kid..... Dont you agree with me....?
xD
Quite a simple reasom

Escapism.

Like. It is impossible to describe in words how stressful the environment and culture is for the JP people, both the students and the workforce.

So, it is really a refreshing moment when you can just shut your mind off and go back to the days of watching power rangers where every monster was killed in one blast.

Unfortunately, real life men don't know how to talk to girls, hence the MC are often such betas.

And it's nice to tell yourself it's alright to be beta because women who like betas exist,
Mehnnnnnnnn.......
Thats quite deepppppp

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Meh~
And Isekai's? Its the main genre that im talking about. Especially the mc Being an adult or middle aged man, then act like a ignorant kid..... Dont you agree with me....?
xD

Mehnnnnnnnn.......
Thats quite deepppppp
That's what he's saying. Stop reading isekais and you won't deal with it(generally)

AetherialCore

You said that you'd read a lot of novels, but I don't think you've read enough—or maybe the problem lies with what you've chosen to read—because I haven't seen the 'beta MC' in average JP novels for a while now. They are only in the shitty one, especially in isekais.

Or if by 'average,' you did not mean the 'average-quality novel,' but instead meant 'there are a lot of beta MC in JP novels,' then I agree. Since Isekai is flooding the market, there are also probably a lot of isekais with beta MC lol.

Hence

Ah, yes. But i still like to read it..... occasionally
Like a junk foods perhaps....? But then dropped it as long as i want too
You said that you'd read a lot of novels, but I don't think you've read enough—or maybe the problem lies with what you've chosen to read—because I haven't seen the 'beta MC' in average JP novels for a while now. They are only in the shitty one, especially in isekais.

Or if by 'average,' you did not mean the 'average-quality novel,' but instead meant 'there are a lot of beta MC in JP novels,' then I agree. Since Isekai is flooding the market, there are also probably a lot of isekais with beta MC l

Or if by 'average,' you did not mean the 'average-quality novel,' but instead meant 'there are a lot of beta MC in JP novels,' then I agree. Since Isekai is flooding the market, there are also probably a lot of isekais with beta MC lol.
For now... I mainly read Kr novels. And this site novels

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
My guess is that beta-Japanese males are their target audience and such a character is easily relatable for those who buy their stories in Japan. That's just a guess as I don't have any data to back it up.

SailusGebel

Meh~
xD
I actually can't say much about novels. I'm relatively new to reading web\light novels, and I've read a lot of manga. If I judge your statement from my experience of reading manga, you're not even close to being right with your absurd generalization.

If I judge it based on my novel reading experience, you're still wrong. Usually, when a person complains that everything he\she reads is the same shit, over and over again, and it's boring, the said person doesn't look for anything new. So this, "Why do you think JP novel authors always write inconsistent beta-characters?" Should be changed into this, "Why do you think JP isekai and romcom novel authors always write inconsistent beta-characters?" And the answer to this question would be obviously different.

Hence

I actually can't say much about novels. I'm relatively new to reading web\light novels, and I've read a lot of manga. If I judge your statement from my experience of reading manga, you're not even close to being right with your absurd generalization.

If I judge it based on my novel reading experience, you're still wrong. Usually, when a person complains that everything he\she reads is the same shit, over and over again, and it's boring, the said person doesn't look for anything new. So this, "Why do you think JP novel authors always write inconsistent beta-characters?" Should be changed into this, "Why do you think JP isekai and romcom novel authors always write inconsistent beta-characters?" And the answer to this question would be obviously different.
Your kinda right bout that.... English is not my mother languages and my vocabulary is kinda worse. So i made it easy for me to write.
Didnt consider my very question will have different meanings.... Bruh....lolol

AetherialCore

Your kinda right bout that.... English is not my mother languages and my vocabulary is kinda worse. So i made it easy for me to write.
Most isekais are self-inserts, so: MC with personality = Fk off

To be honest, I resent the 'JP authors write only beta MC' thing because those self-insert novels are more of a thing written by 'hobbyist writer who managed to get published' instead of 'Professional Author,' you know. I feel like saying that is disrespectful to the 'actual' author putting efforts into their craft.

Hence

Most isekais are self-inserts, so: MC with personality = Fk off

To be honest, I resent the 'JP authors write only beta MC' thing because those self-insert novels are more of a thing written by 'hobbyist writer who managed to get published' instead of 'Professional Author,' you know. I feel like saying that is disrespectful to the 'actual' author putting efforts into their craft.
Relate!!!
I have read a Romance novel with a very realistic interaction, characters is like a human with actual circumstances

It only got about 7 chapters..... But damnnn even tho it takes months to release a new chapter, i still waited patiently....

And then it got dropped. Author said that he's dropping the novel because he has another 'projects' which is isekai genre....

Never read his other works. Im mad for dropping such a good novel

I dunno the reason why he dropped it... But i guess, it's because unpopular?

CypherTails

You know Jp novels always got a massive advantage when it comes to novels.... Yet despite that. despite the always NEW and INTERESTING PREMISE, COLORFUL ART, MASSIVE AUDIENCE.... These goddamnnnn for 🦆 sake authors Always try'na made the MC a LITERALLLLL BETA MC. Name it- Op but ignorant, Illogical harem, Hypocritical Mc, Brain ded, Always bow to literal anyone, Spineless, World with no common sense, A Denser than the black hole MC
( like for example, on a certain novel that i forgot, There's that 6 years old mc with harem, member of the harem are similar age of his, Then erotic scene...bruh, author is clearly a pedophile bastard)

Wut else....?..... Hmmmm
Ah yes, Slave to girls, Deux ex machina, Dick-less bs, jiggling loli, So kind~ so ducking KIND, As always... The MC Is always average. Specially the face.... Meh

I have read lot of novels, at one time I've come to love them. But as i experienced reading a novel with full-proof plot and interaction, i had realize how brain ded the Average Jp novel is

You know i would rather read a Chinese face slapping novel than those dick-less kind mc. -atleast i can experienced the taste of the villain drinking it's own medicine than The MC who just forgive The VILLAIN.

So guys. Why do you think they still continued to write a novel thats clearly inconsistent and illogical novel in the first place? -despite it's interesting premise?

Is it becuz they target the market of Kids? If so, can they atleast made them readable for older audience?

What do you guys think?
They should atleast knew the Obvious Plot hole yes?
They should atleast knew how illogical the world and character yes?

LMFAO

I think the reason is that Isekai is easy to get into as a writer and most anime now is Isekai drivel (not shitting on isekai as genre it's just the genre has alot of drivel). The genre has great potential but like all stories, it is difficult to execute well. Plus the current anime adaptations kind of necessitate a high-intensity first arc since most seasons are 12 episodes. So that means fast pacing, which leads to the aforementioned deus ex machinas and instantaneous harems. Another reason is the self-insert thing, which kind of necessitates this blank slate 2d character that is not exactly hero material because most people are not heroes.

SailusGebel

Yeah, and when you talk about isekais, first of all, they are popular. How many of us sitting here can say that we contribute to Japanese authors and support them with money by paying or donating? We usually read fan translation and don't contribute to authors, at least not to the authors who write novels that aren't as big as SAO, Mushoku, Overlord, etc.

This means that they don't give a shit about your taste or mine. They write to the people who actually buy their stuff or support them. Who buys it? Make a wild guess.

Another reason to keep everything pg without actual sex and alpha mcs is to sell your stuff to as many people as you can. Once again, money.

Yet another reason is kind of obvious. Just like how a lot of authors here write their spin on the popular works and genres(because they want) and end up writing a generic novel, the Japanese do the same. They are basically writing fanfics. It's just that they are writing fanfiction of the genre, not specific universe\movie\book\etc. And almost every fanfic is shit. And because there are SO many of them, it's hard to notice something that stands out.

Hence

I think the reason is that Isekai is easy to get into as a writer and most anime now is Isekai drivel (not shitting on isekai as genre it's just the genre has alot of drivel). The genre has great potential but like all stories, it is difficult to execute well. Plus the current anime adaptations kind of necessitate a high-intensity first arc since most seasons are 12 episodes. So that means fast pacing, which leads to the aforementioned deus ex machinas and instantaneous harems. Another reason is the self-insert thing, which kind of necessitates this blank slate 2d character that is not exactly hero material because most people are not heroes.

Well for me... I think it's a shortcut. I've never explored that deep. I never questioned that so called not-heroes and complicated production of "Anime"

I only questioned superficial things. Such as 'oh. The novel is like this cuz it's wish fulfilment kind of novel. Or maybe the author is just amateur.... Or maybe fan service .'

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Quite a simple reasom

Escapism.

Much of the stuff that you are calling out here is very applicable toy eh west in some aspects these elements are even worse

Agentt

Thighs
Much of the stuff that you are calling out here is very applicable toy eh west in some aspects these elements are even worse
Indeed, but they kinda have yet to accept it fully. West does has women in skimpy clothes fawning over the MC, but we haven't reached the deranged levels yet.

SailusGebel

NO, IT'S TONE.

ffs, you don't need sex in every single romance.
Yeah, but it's only one thing out of many I mentioned, and I thought you knew what pg stands for. It's also about violence, curse words, etc. I only mentioned sex separately because it is connected to MC being a beta or alpha.