Why do you write?

Archsage

Why do you wake up one day and decide to give writing a go? I mean, why do you pick up your writing implements (whatever that is), and say "It's time to write"?
Why do you even continue to write despite it crippling? Sincerely, why?

EternalSunset0

I think I answered most of this in some other thread. But the gist is that I enjoy watching stuff, and I want to "have something like that" that is my own. That's the short version, but there are also several reasons.

I wanted to make the quarantine last year productive is one. I also want to feel good about myself and have something quantifiable to look back at and tell myself "See? You can actually do something" is another one, a thing related to self-worth I guess. Whenever I feel down, I look at my own writings and drawings to feel good. Sure, they're not anywhere near perfect, and I doubt most of them are "good" in the critical sense, but I did pour my energy and heart out for whatever I do that's related to the hobby and "made myself productive," or at least that's how I would believe.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
To create meaning out of chaos, because I crave for the emotions and feelings that emerge from arranged strings of events.

To leave a trace of my existence that will outlive me.

To have an elaborate lore about the big tiddies I drew.

I just want to write down my thoughts and ideas. It's a way I express myself.
Is what I would tell you if you were my teacher. But you aren't so I'll tell you the truth. I am procrastinating from doing my uni assignments but here I am now procrastinating from editing my writing as well.
Edit.
I'm also in lock down so I have nothing better to do.

Jemini

I used to think I was bad at writing. Then I took and English literature class and discovered I was just doing it wrong. Then, I discovered the tools I needed to improve my writing. Then, I started reading a lot. I kept reading, and I got frustrated because none of the things I read had various elements I wanted to see in a story.

And, finally, I decided to just start writing a story myself, one which had those missing elements in it.

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
Let's see... It was out of curiousity, then find it helpful so I decide to continue... for now. Writing improve my english writing obviously... from barely know to slightly know stuff. Not much better, but hey... it was worth it.

It has been little more than a month to me lol.

Trying out stuff is one of my hobby, it is like I'm always trying those new released gacha games on play store, then I will play them just to see how long I'm able to stay on those game before I uninstalled it.

Archsage

I think I answered most of this in some other thread. But the gist is that I enjoy watching stuff, and I want to "have something like that" that is my own. That's the short version, but there are also several reasons.

I wanted to make the quarantine last year productive is one. I also want to feel good about myself and have something quantifiable to look back at and tell myself "See? You can actually do something" is another one, a thing related to self-worth I guess. Whenever I feel down, I look at my own writings and drawings to feel good. Sure, they're not anywhere near perfect, and I doubt most of them are "good" in the critical sense, but I did pour my energy and heart out for whatever I do that's related to the hobby and "made myself productive," or at least that's how I would believe.
The "feel good" factor. I feel you. I wonder how many people share the same reason with you.

Archsage

To create meaning out of chaos, because I crave for the emotions and feelings that emerge from arranged strings of events.

To leave a trace of my existence that will outlive me.

To have an elaborate lore about the big tiddies I drew.
Hmm, so you like to create "meaningful chaos" or something "chaotic in meaning"? I hail you. 🙌
Just because.
No need to say the reason(s). I understand. Your signature says it all. "An ant that writes xianxia." I can imagine the joy you derive from writing. I hail you 🙌
it's either google docs or wanking, and I'm all out of cum.
I completely understand. You're left with no other choice. I hail you 🙌
I just want to write down my thoughts and ideas. It's a way I express myself.
Is what I would tell you if you were my teacher. But you aren't so I'll tell you the truth. I am procrastinating from doing my uni assignments but here I am now procrastinating from editing my writing as well.
Edit.
I'm also in lock down so I have nothing better to do.
Procrastination of other things. Hmmm, that touched a chord. I hail you 🙌

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Why do you wake up one day and decide to give writing a go? I mean, why do you pick up your writing implements (whatever that is), and say "It's time to write"?
Why do you even continue to write despite it crippling? Sincerely, why?
Because someone has to write this era's next great epics, and unfortunately I'm the one chosen to complete this task.

Archsage

I used to think I was bad at writing. Then I took and English literature class and discovered I was just doing it wrong. Then, I discovered the tools I needed to improve my writing. Then, I started reading a lot. I kept reading, and I got frustrated because none of the things I read had various elements I wanted to see in a story.

And, finally, I decided to just start writing a story myself, one which had those missing elements in it.
So, you started writing after gaining enlightenment into the elements missing in other books you've read. I hail you 🙌

Archsage

Let's see... It was out of curiousity, then find it helpful so I decide to continue... for now. Writing improve my english writing obviously... from barely know to slightly know stuff. Not much better, but hey... it was worth it.

It has been little more than a month to me lol.

Trying out stuff is one of my hobby, it is like I'm always trying those new released gacha games on play store, then I will play them just to see how long I'm able to stay on those game before I uninstalled it.
"Out of curiosity" to it "being helpful". It helped me too to be sincere. It still does. I hail you 🙌

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I remember a thread like this a few weeks ago, might wanna check that out. Anyways, I write out of spite.