Why don't undesirable traits go extinct. (शिट पोस्ट)

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
I mean i can't see a single use for laziness or low self control. They are decidedly harmful but then why do they exist in most humans. Even if they don't go extinct shouldn't laziness be at-least a minority. Ok maybe it was cause of low evolutionary pressure as in even if you are lazy you still can reproduce.
I started thinking this after looking at Twilight and OwO adopt me meme.
As in why would so many teenagers find this hot. Like clearly these traits are rare. No girl actually talks like that. Shouldn't either liking such traits have been either gone extinct in males . As in why would brain desire something which is not possible.
Also if males actually like this why haven't these traits actually evolved in female population .
Cause either these traits should be present in females OR males who like these traits should go extinct. Cause like i don't think any girl would actually like such a guy .

Yeah now i think about this why do humans actually like anime girls. When they act so different from any living girl.

Ok i just used google turns out love marriage is a very recent thing and about 400-450 years ago who you got married to was decided by your parents. Basically if your parents were friends or one guy had land then it's good . So even if you were lazy you got to reproduce.
Age usually was teen girl and 21 year old man.
Ok well that's kinda fucked up explanation for why OwO adopt me is popular. Turns out such a trait did exist.
well by this logic teen girls should like older men.

Ok no wait this doesn't make sense. In medieval times men and women did not get to choose each other and were strangers before they married.
So mean liking OwO won't make sense if they could never choose . Same applies to girls

Ok maybe liking OwO has to do with males liking innocence in females. Ok why does that exist evolutionary. Ok that is somehow related to childrearing or something.

Apparently 53% marraige are still arranged.

It's a high quality shitpost. (शिट पोस्ट)

Last edited:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I mean i can't see a single use for laziness or low self control.

Proposed hypothesis: Those are side effects of underlying interactions between cognitive process.

Implications:
- They are unintended
- They are related to positive aspects. For instance, "laziness" could be tied to "efficiency". "Self control", the defeat of reason over instinct, could be tied to "evolution is conservative because it doesn't trust you being smart enough to fulfill its objective".

Proof:
None. I am a truck, not a nature scientist.

HONK HONK

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I mean i can't see a single use for laziness or low self control. They are decidedly harmful but then why do they exist in most humans. Even if they don't go extinct shouldn't laziness be at-least a minority. Ok maybe it was cause of low evolutionary pressure as in even if you are lazy you still can reproduce.
As in why would so many teenagers find this hot. Like clearly these traits are rare. No girl actually talks like that. Shouldn't either liking such traits have been either gone extinct in males . As in why would brain desire something which is not possible.
Also if males actually like this why haven't these traits actually evolved in female population .
Cause either these traits should be present in females OR males who like these traits should go extinct. Cause like i don't think any girl would actually like such a guy .

Yeah now i think about this why do humans actually like anime girls. When they act so different from any living girl.

Ok i just used google turns out love marriage is a very recent thing and about 400-450 years ago who you got married to was decided by your parents. Basically if your parents were friends or one guy had land then it's good . So even if you were lazy you got to reproduce.
Ok well that's kinda fucked up explanation for why OwO adopt me is popular. Turns out such a trait did exist.
well by this logic teen girls should like older men.

Ok no wait this doesn't make sense. In medieval times men and women did not get to choose each other and were strangers before they married.
So mean liking OwO won't make sense if they could never choose . Same applies to girls

Ok maybe liking OwO has to do with males liking innocence in females. Ok why does that exist evolutionary. Ok that is somehow related to childrearing or something.

Apparently 53% marraige are still arranged.

It's a high quality shitpost. (शिट पोस्ट)
I thought I was reading something strangely philosophic for once... But OwO, It was somewhat putting me off OwO.

Joker88

Well the brain is complicated even for our body,One gene going rouge is all it needs to mature completely differently.
Thats why fetishist are a thing,one gene went wrong and now they think bdsm is hot.
For laziness and why it's such a widespread trait that's simply because people whot took it easy and relaxed after hunting had energy lots of energy to spare for hunting while those that let's exercise heavily were more likely to run out of energy while hunting.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
I thought I was reading something strangely philosophic for once... But OwO, It was somewhat putting me off OwO.
well my other posts are actually philosphical and pretty good but i thought fuck it mid way in this one.
Well the brain is complicated even for our body,One gene going rouge is all it needs to mature completely differently.
Thats why fetishist are a thing,one gene went wrong and now they think bdsm is hot.
For laziness and why it's such a widespread trait that's simply because people whot took it easy and relaxed after hunting had energy lots of energy to spare for hunting while those that let's exercise heavily were morel
yeah but why didn't it change when people invent farming.
Maybe hardworking is not useful in farming. As in no matter how hard you farm the crops won't give more than there maximum yield so it is better to just conserve energy.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
One thing I like about being lazy is that whenever my stress level is so high, I can relax myself and cool down before I go into a mental breakdown(yeah, I get stress a lot) which is why I now procrastinate on everything in life.

Life gave you freedom to do something which you can control your own life with your own decisions. No matter what good or bad traits you have, sometimes they have the reason to exist and has purprose. Just that, most people don't properly utilize that.

In scientific terms, its mainly due to our brainwaves reacting to a certain pheromones and actively do that action because of it because while we are highly intelligent humans, we still have insincts of animals within.

In philosophical terms, if you remove one bad trait, you also remove your good trait as well. Examples being that if I remove my 'Lazy' attitude, I also lose my 'calmness' to deal with my RL situation of being a bad luck, having mental instability and even go on a genocidal rampage if I don't lower my stress levels. Or something like that.

Joker88

yeah but why didn't it change when people invent farming.
Farming was invented 12k years ago not long enough to really affect the body enough to remove laziness.

And as you said laziness didn't exactly disappear when farming was invented since even a really lazy person will still be forced to work unless he wants to starve.

Just because a lazy person is forced to work doesn't remove the fact that he is still lazy, as research shows that laziness is somewhat tied to the brain.

If you give that person a chance to be lazy without the risk of starving he would be laying on the couch or whatever they had at the time.

SuperBort

Many traits have a both good and bad sides. The best example is larger bodies requiring more fuel and have a high rate of cancer (large breeds of dogs for example tend to have much shorter lives compared to small dogs because their anticancer systems are not intended for such a wide range of body sizes).
So in times of plenty being bigger is better, but in times of famine it is a hindrance. However such conditions tend to ebb and flow within in single generation, so the "best" trait is never set in stone. Therefore a range of possible sizes is the optimal trait instead of a single size. Even better would be the ability for the body to adjust to local conditions as it grows.
Thus a range is what ends up being selected for. Now on every range there are extremes, and that is where the unhealthy traits pop up. They are the result of conditions not being currently suited for that version of the trait, or a mutation shifting it beyond where it is normally.
There is also a good deal of luck involved with what survives and what doesn't. The dodo for example was perfectly suited for isolated islands with no land predators. They got rid of costly antipredator traits like being fearful of other creatures and being able to move quickly. Those traits were bad for them to have until things changed and suddenly those "bad" traits were vital.
So actual bad traits are highly subjective and change over time. In fact such changes can happen faster than the population can breed for them. They can also be part of a tradeoff for other benefits (powerful body at the cost of higher intake cost and cancer).

elusivetiger

Are we talking about a character in novel or real life?

If we talking about a character in some novel, then 'Lazy' trait usually followed by character growth.

If we talking about real life, then sorry. As a procrastinator, im not qualified enough.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, you really not think into it that deep.
First, laziness is a blessing. Humanity adopted agriculture instead of hunting. Humanity invented the wheel, discovered the use of stick. I read somewhere but the top three discoveries humanity ever did are
1. Use if stick
2. Use of stone.
3. Use of fire.
Humans appeared millions of years ago, those who were too 'active' to remain in caves died.
Regarding love, psychology is confused regarding that.
Lower animals like worms reproduce biologically. All they look for is that the partner must be of opposite gender.
Higher animals like horses reproduce psychologically. They look for faster partner. Same with frogs. They look for someone who can croak louder. Birds look for someone who can make a good nest.
For humans? We have absolutely no idea. Human psyche is so complex, has so many levels, it is impossible to map it. We have no idea.

Evolution doesn't happen in a term of hundred years. It takes thousands of years.
For traits, we have no idea. Human females are evolved to have permanent breast. Unlike animals, whose breast become swollen only during breastfeeding, human titties remain huge all year round. This is supposed to attract males. Hence, for our ancestors, women who had flat chest simply died without any children. Now, we have many men who prefer smaller ones.
Similarly, some women may prefer older men. Chances are all women prefer older men, they just forget since they believe they can't marry them anyways.

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Humans evolved to be lazy not the other way around.

laziness=not doing thing that requires much energy => saving energy.

it is one of the many trait that assured human survival even in modern age.

Starvation is not unbeknownst to human. Even now Africa still have starvation.

MR.DANTE

Historically having teen girls marring a man in his twenties happened mostly because at that age a man usually could provide for himself and a potential family, and the girl family had one less member to look after so purely convenience.
It wasn't facked up or anything of the sort in my opinion because everyone in the middle ages had a miserable existence, even kings or queens had it worst then the avrage western man, there was no time for the frivolous problems of today like love and even less for the most recent made up ones that are ruining our society

Ral

Evolution is not about the well being of an individual but the survival of the species. A trait that harm an individual (like how bee stings kills the bee) but let the whole species survive is okay in evolution's book.

Also, survival of the species deals more than just procreation.

Also, most of these human traits are developed long long ago. Many might not be particularly helpful now but they are really helpful then. Laziness could have developed to conserve energy and resources, which is limited in those times. Low self-control might be to take opportunities and resources quickly which, in those times, could be quickly lost or snatched by the competition.

D

Deleted member 49654

I mean i can't see a single use for laziness
This is the main driving force for the progress of humanity's civilization.
Example: Running miles to chat with your friends -> laziness -> inventing mobile phones
Example: Walking -> laziness -> variety of transportations
Example: Going to buy fresh vegetables every day or cook all of the time -> laziness -> fridge, variety of semi-finished foods
etc etc

low self control
In what way do you mean this?

Novellover

Simply put? Sense of Evolutionary Instinct ain’t worth an damn JK in all honesty? It is for Mental health Indulgence In Moderation can Improve Work efficiency by 40% And Well Tenacity Is An Trait That People have Trait that are detrimental to the Species as an Whole is removed and Well We bred Ourselves To Have Some Of There Trait like Laziness And Gluttony Because Human Evolved To eat as much food as possible In Order To Esposito spare Energy So These Trait survive Fetish Is an evolutionary Trait as well It is An Trait for Sexual arousal It could be from something as simple as an Preg fetish To Some Truly Weird fucked up shit Some Of These Are The So-called Arousal switch And The Pressure Of The Enviroment People Or Human are Adaptive so They Adapt In Modern society We work an Lot And Don’t Get To eat much So Laziness becomes an Essential Trait In Order to conserve energy Gluttony In Order Go deposit energy that Is Scarce due to The Condition Of The Enviroment Wrath because of Bullying so People protect themselves by Being Wrathful Envy In Order to Provide motivation to make People strive to greater height because The Twisted Human Society want People to be ‘Perfect’ to be ‘competitive’ To be ‘Better’ The Enviroment Put this On us And That Enviroment is Human Society People Being retarded Being Narrow-minded Being In All Honesty S t u p I d All Of These Was Made through conditioning We put on ourselves Envy became an Tool for motivation Greed and Lust To Preserve Sanity And Mental health Greed is an Desire Of Material wealth Lust Is an Desire Of The Carnal Pleasure An Desire To Crave for More For ‘Pleasure’ Is What Lust is Greed and Lust is Fundamentally the Same It is an Wanting for Fulfillment An Desire Of Pleasure to feel ‘Complete’ Is Why people want It Some people Exhibit This To the Fullest resulting in An Human being An ‘Normal’ As One can be in this society of ours And This is the Most important thing Without Greed People Spider do anything Without lust people wouldn’t strive for anything They Wouldn’t have any incentive To do so There is no R e w a r d to be has That is the Crux People Has Desire But What That is Is Not Determined Hahahahahahaha I’m really am Rambling heh People do it simply Because They Want to do it They Evade What they don’t like If an Girl hate Spider They Will either run of Exterminate on sight They Just Simply don’t like it as Simple as that But In That simplicity there is an Reason That Reason stemmed from Their Belief and Feeling

Example 1 :
An Boy Didn’t do good on his grade And 1. He Hates Getting Punished 2. He feels ashamed 3. He Doesn’t want to disappoint his parent Those Distinct Possibilities Is An Reason For Why He hate it So it Motivate the Boy to be better

There People Have Desire In That Desire Stemmed forth Belief Feeling and Like and Dislike Chaos And Comedy Tragedy Many Thing All Of it so...so Fascinating don’t you think? People are truly an Complicated yet They are truly simple when you tears Away all their Lies and Read between the Line Then It is Simple They Simply Want it Because they Want it

I really got off track at the end but Ye Basically The Enviroment or Society is what bred these Trait into us The Enviroment shapes Us Before We Shapes It To be More Twisted And Also Enjoyable It is An Feedback loop The Older gen influence the younger hen And That In turn Influence the Later generation and so on and so forth People wants Thing to be Simple so We Makes It Simple Because Simply We Want it that way However That Also influence the Future generation They Took It as an Part Of life then There is the Oddball The One who wants more To makes Thing more Convenient to Have more and Then So On And So forth the cycle repeats In the End it boils down to Desire and Motivation with An Dash Of Enviromental Conditioning

D

Deleted member 45782

Laziness is bc we have abundance of stuff so we tend to overlookthings that we would be grateful for. It helped us to develop better more efficient ways to get things done so we can reserve time for something else. I don't think farmers as lazy example just because they stopped hunt gather to farm instead. Part of it is efficiency. Find ways to survive better and that means find ways to always adapt and improve.

However laziness like nowadays compared to old medieval or ancient times? They had to work harder to just even survive in ancient times. Ofc we still do that in modern day, but with a lot more convenience. I feel laziness is often because we take for granted what we have atm, so we don't go out to improve or do things outside of that. We just don't feel the need too.
Could say same for some guys writing girls and some girls writing guys. Some got that harem thing going on, some got that alpha werewolf whatever thing going on. Why do both fantasize what the other is like even thu how they fantasize is unrealistic and possibly even disturbing if placed in a real life situation? Idk.

Yeah...both sides fantasize the other...plus cough hormones or whatever it is cough.
Ok i just used google turns out love marriage is a very recent thing and about 400-450 years ago who you got married to was decided by your parents.
Choosing who you can marry is a recent concept yep. Like you mentioned, in old days, you may never even met the guy/girl your gonna marry yet. Choosing who you can marry is nice, compared to old times. You choose who you get stuck with.
Basically if your parents were friends or one guy had land then it's good . So even if you were lazy you got to reproduce.
Depends on that society too and that age gap.

Yeah, in ancient times life was hard. People died faster. Also lack of knowledge. They viewed girls mature and a full grown adult the moment they hit puberty and periods. They didn't know that while girls mature faster than guys, their minds aren't exactly mature right when they hit puberty, nor do they realize like nowadays that teen bodies aren't very well ready for childbirth just yet...morality was high back then too.

Plus many societies back then - it sucked for women in many cases. More easier to not bat an eye when there was abuse. And while who knows maybe not as common common, don't think a lot would get riled up or too concerned that a 13 yr old is marrying someone who is well in their 60s and have grandkids the same age or even older than the 13 yr old...

You don't get a say in what you choose, you just hope the ones who arranged your marriage didn't arrange it to some 60 yr old creep who's on the verge of dying and leaving you a young widow. Or to follow them to the afterlife when you still got plenty of life to live ahead too...

Ok well that's kinda fucked up explanation for why OwO adopt me is popular.
Idk about the trope...Guess theres a new trope to look up on...👀
Well, you really not think into it that deep.
First, laziness is a blessing. Humanity adopted agriculture instead of hunting. Humanity invented the wheel, discovered the use of stick. I

For humans? We have absolutely no idea. Human psyche is so complex, has so many levels, it is impossible to map it. We have no idea.

Evolution doesn't happen in a term of hundred years. It takes thousands of years.
These specific parts agreed.
Hence, for our ancestors, women who had flat chest simply died without any children.
(QAQ) pretty sure there's still many were flat chested. One time long ago in some place even preferred flat too even...
Chances are all women prefer older men, they just forget since they believe they can't marry them anyways.
...I think its the general feel some want go for older who are more mature because historically and even now some feel provides more stablility.

But i have some uncles paired up with women slightly older than them so...eh.Not every women prefers a guy older than they are.

Things change. So does society. More accepting for both genders to do certain things compared to the past, where its very gender role restricted. Still some places not as balanced in both genders. But things change and so does people. ;)

Yamemai

Reminds me of this proto-human race, forgot what they were called. It was said they were more advance than the others but they died out. Reason and correlation between the two? Laziness. They advanced quicker than the other proto-humans because they invented things to be more efficient / need less work, but once they don't need as much work put in, they stagnated, leading to their extinction.

Last edited: