Why gods use heroes instead of solving things themselves?

probably since the evil being doesn't suit the God's fetish, they'd be too disgusted to lay their hands on it.

if it's a hot mama, I feel the Zeus will gladly pour his thunder with MOTIVATION.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
What too much konosuba does to a mf
Never seen it. But I think it pretty much proves my point, if even series I've never heard of have the same thing going on.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
What is a god, but of your own imagination?

Ps. Trying to sound profound but instead sounding like a hillbilly moron.

Also, those who can, work, those who cannot, supervise. Think the gods like your regional manager and you will know how that feels.
More like those who can, supervise, those who can't, work. All about that perspective.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They have a fetish for watching humans get dirty. If a human gets dirty enough and manages to survive, they get invited to a big orgy in the sky. Like other animals, the gods want to breed with the fittest specimens.

Daitengu

Somethings not mentioned.

The gods have two or more factions and a god can lose power if their domain is invaded. Thus forcing them to home sit.

They are extremely long lived. So much so that time has just distanced them from having a hands on approach. They literally can't care anymore, because every time they get attached, that something eventually dies.

They are lower gods, and upper management prevents them from interfering.

The world's mana can't sustain their physical bodies anymore, so they exist as a disembodied entity.

The gods were never real and it's just a lie by the church to shortcut knowledge and/or use the heroes as soldiers.

_oinkchan

What would be some good reasons that gods would empower a Hero and send them to fight rather than just smite the evil being themselves?
They can't walk on mortal grounds, their sheer aura will destroy the world. Hence they choose heroes.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
What would be some good reasons that gods would empower a Hero and send them to fight rather than just smite the evil being themselves?
Gods, and many other beings, exist on a other concurrent plane. We on the physical and them on the astral. Both planes have access to the mana plane. Through this plane the Gods interact with the physical, and us with the astral. Hero’s are blessed by the gods.

BlackKnightX

From most light novel I’ve read, the reason is usually they can’t go there themself because of the God’s rules. It prohibits gods to interfere with the mortals.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
If you're looking for an excuse to use a hero instead of a god because that's how it's always done, don't. Let them interfere as much as you like.

If you're just curious, a lot of other people have given good ones.

But I guess one that hasn't been mentioned, is that it's for the sake of the Hero? The god prefers for people to live their lives to the fullest- something that most Isekai protagonists weren't doing before they were called.

That excuse goes out the window if anybody else lacks a motivation though, since they could have just as easily picked that person to be the Hero instead of summoning someone from another world.

Andrew_Udell

You could give a geopolitical excuse. If god A directly intervenes in some affair that affects god B, then god B will also intervene and cause a highly destructive war among the divines where the earth is their battleground. Not wanting to needlessly kill off their followers, they might have a gentleman's agreement not to directly involve themselves on mortal affairs, but subtly influence via heroes.

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
Rules, Restrictions, Limitations. I personally want to believe that God-like beings are made out of thoughts from the collective consciousness.

MrPasserby

Just for the sake of their own entertainment. Living for a thousand years or so is boring if they just sit there and do everything. It's like you'd rather watch a movie than participate on that movie. You don't want to end up on a historical war but rather you want to watch it from a far distance or at least read it from the book.