Writing Prompt Why Japan?

Llamadragon

By the 2019 estimations, Japan accounts for 0.245% of the worlds land mass and 1.6% of the worlds human population.

So why exactly are the transmigrators and reincarnators from Earth almost always from Japan? Is it a weird streak of statistic randomness, or is there a hidden design?

tak

13+ PARENTAL GUIDANCE ADVICED rating, I guess?

"Everyone, thank you for coming to the Vicennial Management meeting," the Earth Administrator opened. "I know you're all very eager to go back to your job, so I'll skip the pleasantries. Let's divide our job."

"Dibs on Japan!" The people-well, beings-in the room looks surprised at the speaker. "What? Do you assume I will only care about sailors?"

"No, we're just surprised Mundus Alius doesn't say anything about that."

"Oh please." Mundus Alius-the representative of the Other Worlds Administrators-laugh in ridicule. "I only need their souls, I don't care about their life."

"I see, so you'll both oversees Japan."

"Alright."

"I'm cool with that. Kraken needs Japanese more than I do. How else would He got laid?"
Kraken glared at them, but doesn't say anything.

"I'm taking Americans," the Aliens said.

"You really love Americans huh."

"They have the most diverse sample ever, from genetics to intelligence, compared to other locations. Also, they have an organization that keeps trying to hit on me you know."

"...You mean NASA? You know they're just trying to-nevermind, you and Kraken both need to get laid."

There were some fights (verbal and non-verbal) because some beings want a bit of everything. As usual, they decide it by throwing a 20 sided dice.

"Look guys I don't need to rule over any specific country, can you just let me visit them? It's been a while..."

"No Zeus, I don't want more demigods in my jurisdiction!" Earth Administrator shout in frustration then glare at another being trying to speak "And what do you want, Dracula? I am kind enough to let some of your kind to stay here! Do you know how hard it is to feed a bunch of immortals who keep multiplying even when I TOLD THEM NOT TO?!"

"BUT I NEED TO GO AMERICA! WE DON'T SPARKLE!"

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
...because Japanese are seers. They've seen visions of different worlds and try to spread it through novels, anime and manga. Aside from that the main culprit of sending their people, Truck-san, is a native!

Loathsome, despicable Truck-san, he found a way to send his countrymen to those worlds...

Akashiro-sensei

Japan is the center of the universe for the authors there, with the reason being that 90% of all the literary works made in Japan is catered to the Japanese people.
While western comics and novels are largely intended for a wider audience, the Japanese - for the most part - only look to sell to other Japanese.
Not to forget the language barrier as well, because even in today's modern age, most of the Japanese people do not speak or badly speak English and other foreign languages due to their education focusing mostly on their own language, history and necessary subjects to get into college and work - you guessed it - in Japan.

Hama

It is all business, you see Truck kun was the first to visit an isekai, he got lots of power that he decided to make a business of some sort because of it, as he thought that all that power got be used somehow, but when he came back only few believed him and theey were mostly japanese people who ascended to godhood once they pledged allegiance to him, and they now do business for him behind the scenes sending and reincarnating people left and right, also there were other characters that joined truck kun, like tractor san, a strong and legendary figure with a very strong aura, his feats are many, he made an appearence but not clearly in konosuba, they say that his aura alone terrified a young neet to death and they say that neet took the young idiot godess he met on his journey to the other world...
The business run by truck kun and his followers is secret and its headquarters is japan according to rumors and just like the area 51 it is a mystery and no one knows its exact location :blob_hmm:

JustHANO

"You sure you don't want a cheat power? A guaranteed harem? Why such a random thing? You get one wish you know?"

"Yes God, i understand, but it's kinda weird how Japan is like reincarnation central."

"You're going to die without a cheat power. The world im sending you to have human size spiders."

"I'm fine with that. I just want to know."

God sighs, "it's because Japan is closest to the nuclear dimensional rift."

"How, why?"

"Well do you remember WWII? Yea, let's just say never nuke a country twice."

(I'm sorry you had to read that lmao.)

Nakakure

"You sure you don't want a cheat power? A guaranteed harem? Why such a random thing? You get one wish you know?"

"Yes God, i understand, but it's kinda weird how Japan is like reincarnation central."

"You're going to die without a cheat power. The world im sending you to have human size spiders."

"How, why?"

What a shocking truth? Right.

Lurking

Japan has the most reincarnators since many other countries residents chase storms or seek the entrances to faerie worlds.

Japan has reincarnators since the nefariuos truck kills them so they reincarnate instead of guiding them to the rift between worlds they can slip in without death nor injury to face the perils of the beyond.

But then they bring their puny earth bodies. So they dont make it back and write stories about their adventures.

Reincarnators exchange with truck diety their life for a cheat power and then reincarnate.

'cuz Isekai God is a weeaboo who speaks in Japlish. He would pester the MC a damn lot during his journey 'cuz he wants a Japanese friend.

"Haiii...domo arigathanks MC-kun, watashi want to sent anata to Isekai desu yo."

MC be like.

"Who did I offend to deserve this?"

Akashiro-sensei

'cuz Isekai God is a weeaboo who speaks in Japlish. He would pester the MC a damn lot during his journey 'cuz he wants a Japanese friend.

"Haiii...domo arigathanks MC-kun, watashi want to sent anata to Isekai desu yo."

MC be like.

"Who did I offend to deserve this?"

Truck-kun would be proud.

Zero300

Because of the major ley lines that flow into and out of Japan.

Kotohood

Noob Author
:blob_paint:Maybe the stories that we know are about Japanese people. Maybe there is like 80x more reincarnators from different countries.

Maybe all of them have stories! Can you imagine an american building America 2.0 in a world with cat girls!
:blob_hide:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Japan is the center of the universe for the authors there, with the reason being that 90% of all the literary works made in Japan is catered to the Japanese people.
While western comics and novels are largely intended for a wider audience, the Japanese - for the most part - only look to sell to other Japanese.
Not to forget the language barrier as well, because even in today's modern age, most of the Japanese people do not speak or badly speak English and other foreign languages due to their education focusing mostly on their own language, history and necessary subjects to get into college and work - you guessed it - in Japan.
This is a writing prompt bro. :blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
"Japan is in a very convenient place for us. Due to it's placement and multiple crisscrossing way points, it makes the summoning procedures far more easy." - Goddess of Life, Liera

"It has plenty of healthy, responsible youth, used to the soul crushing responsibilities hoisted upon them by their family. Saving the world can't be quite as hard in comparison, right?" - God of Order, Loanus

"Huh? No, I just think Asian guys are cute, and those Japanese nerds are all such idiots. Watching them flounder around is fun." - Goddess of Ashes, Fela

"They've got hentai." - God of Smut, *Name too filthy for mortal eyes*

Last edited:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

"How, why?"

I think you managed to create a writing prompt from a writing prompt. It's like prompt-ception.