why many authors drop their stories which is still in its beginning.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Guilty as charged...

But in Ai-chan's defense, Ai-chan is a mother, a housewife, a professional translator of commercial and scientific documents as well as a voice actress. So Ai-chan is very busy. When Ai-chan does have spare time, it's either write a chapter or go to sleep. Usually sleep wins.

So you can assume that Ai-chan's stories are more or less placeholders.

But Ai-chan also can relate to @RaizarP input. Ai-chan's story, Felicia's Second Life is discontinued now because some assholes called Ai-chan a pedophile and reported Ai-chan to Amazon for sexual content on minors of which there was actually none. Amazon disagreed with them and informed Ai-chan that Ai-chan didn't break any of their rules and so the story will be left active. Still, the whole experience put a sour taste in Ai-chan's mouth and since then Ai-chan has not been able to finish any stories. Perhaps the trauma of being accused of being a pedophile when there was no intention as such was too hard for Ai-chan who was just starting to taste a measure of success as an author.

ForestDweller

You should post somewhere else if u got 0 views, I usually get a good moderate amounts of views on other website for my stories and here I got nothing. I got views on royal road and some other websites and here jack and even then, my story doesnt fit 100% the genre of royal road. Might try KU or other venues if it doesn't improve in the next 6 months.

KU?

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I posted my story on RR first but then I got kicked out from there so I had to go here. :ROFLMAO:
They didn't like 'Reincarnation of a Worthless Man', please don't say they started up with that Hugo is a cuck beta shit, like people did on Webnovel.

ForestDweller

They didn't like 'Reincarnation of a Worthless Man', please don't say they started up with that Hugo is a cuck beta shit, like people did on Webnovel.

Well, some of them said that. But the reason my story got banned was because of the teasing Marina did to Hugo.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I posted my story on RR first but then I got kicked out from there so I had to go here. :ROFLMAO:
They actually kicked you out? Man, RRL used to be great. But now it's just a den of elitists who thinks only people on the level of Sidney Sheldon deserves to be there.

BigHoodieBoy

I do that a bit too much for my likely, at its mostly because I realize that there is too many plot holes and the story isn’t going to go the way I want it to, so I drop it to revise and maybe redo it in the future.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
For me, I just put out a few chapters to test the response. I had an instance of unreasonable viewers but that doesn't really bother me. I already know what I want to write in my main series and every extra book out there is just delaying the progress of my main story. I generally use my other stories as fodder to give me the mood to write something else sometimes. Perhaps, if my readers turn toxic then I would have a fallback. But let's be honest, I am the greatest fan of my work. Who cares about what everyone else thinks?

Temple

They actually kicked you out? Man, RRL used to be great. But now it's just a den of elitists who thinks only people on the level of Sidney Sheldon deserves to be there.
I find RR more open now. It was super elitist when The Group was around like six years ago, and the effects are still felt to this day. But really, RR is now more open. I think it's because Wattpad people are migrating there that romance and other genres are starting to take hold, compared to before that romance is auto-dead. People are just more vocal there, which can be a good or bad thing.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
You should post somewhere else if u got 0 views, I usually get a good moderate amounts of views on other website for my stories and here I got nothing. I got views on royal road and some other websites and here jack and even then, my story doesnt fit 100% the genre of royal road. Might try KU or other venues if it doesn't improve in the next 6 months.
Working on your technique would probably yield more results.

Mr.Grey-Cat

Working on your technique would probably yield more results.

"aaaa.... let me show you my technique..."

Hundred Dharma Divine Keyboard: Roar of The Ten Thousand Word

"
Unleash"

Booom.

ha, ha, ha.
Pant heavily.

"ha... so what do you think now, ha?"

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Well also if they want to rewrite it. But readers are usually the ones who crush the passion out of Authors. (But) hehe I don’t care since my POWER OF FRIENDSHIP AND ANIME IS STRONGER

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Honestly I think dropping early is a good thing. More people need to get used to the idea of cutting their loses until they find something that works. Like some stories just suck, plain and simple.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
In my case, some of my stories are just too ambitious for me to pull off well, so I leave them as fragments to be written or rewritten at a later date. Meanwhile, I write other stories, two of which I'm still writing.