Why NTR is hated so much.

KrisVFX

God of Creation
I came to this tag, unaware what it contained and what It was about. I wouldn't say that I liked it or hated it, but it left me a weird taste in my mouth.
But as I continued exploring, I found out that NTR was hated a lot more than I expected.
I asked myself why?
And it didn't take too long before I realized why others felt that way.
The answer was as easy as almost the reason why everyone reads manga/novels/nhentai, etc.
Most of us read novels/manga and watch anime in order to escape this harsh reality that we have to deal with every day. It's a pleasant feeling that makes us forget that we'll never have a fantasy-life like them...
And that's when it comes with NTR.
NTR is a sensitive subject where it happens in reality a lot more than you'd expect. Someone will get hurt, some would break and some would literally experience trauma from it.
Everyone might have crushes, girlfriends/bf, and maybe even a wife/husband! And one day you'll find that your partner never cherished her/his body as much as you expected... They want someone else instead of you.
It hurts... but in the end what can you do about it? That's life..
That's why they decide to escape that feeling by watching/reading something nice. But instead they see NTR in our loved manga/novel/anime as well...
They come to the point where they would even curse out the author for writing/drawing such a thing that would anger many of us.
Some might even use NTR to remind themself to stop fantasizing and accept themself for whatever they are.
BUT!!
At some point, I've come to like where author's use a bit of NTR in their novels and manga. (not where the mc enjoys it)
Not because I enjoy it, but because it shows how much it resembles reality. (it still makes me angry)
The heroine/crush doesn't have to end up with the mc. She/he will one day be bored with the partner at some point, and you probably wont do anything about it cause nothing will work after being broken by someone you trusted and loved so much.
This is reality! Even your soulmate is probably banging someone else right now.
What is your opinion on this one?
Does NTR really need to be this much hated, or do you simply hate it becasue of the way it is?
(I'm not directing this to those who simply like to be cuckolded)

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
It is, NTR is basically stealing a loved one. How can one not hate something or someone that stole your happiness? Well, one may not develop hate, but dislike or outright disgust is normal, at least to me.

No one wants to get hurt or experience something painful in their life.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I came to this tag, unaware what it contained and what It was about. I wouldn't say that I liked it or hated it, but it left me a weird taste in my mouth.
But as I continued exploring, I found out that NTR was hated a lot more than I expected.
I asked myself why?
The answer was as easy as almost the reason why everyone reads manga/novels/nhentai, etc.
Most of us read novels/manga and watch anime in order to escape this harsh reality that we have to deal with every day. It's a pleasant feeling that makes us forget that we'll never have a fantasy-life like them...
NTR is a sensitive subject where it happens in reality a lot more than you'd expect. Someone will get hurt, some would break and some would literally experience trauma from it.
Everyone might have crushes, girlfriends/bf, and maybe even a wife/husband! And one day you'll find that your partner never cherished her/his body as much as you expected... They want someone else instead of you.
That's why they decide to escape that feeling by watching/reading something nice. But instead they see NTR in our loved manga/novel/anime as well...
They come to the point where they would even curse out the author for writing/drawing such a thing that would anger many of us.
Some might even use NTR to remind themself to stop fantasizing and accept themself for whatever they are.
BUT!!
At some point, I've come to like where author's use a bit of NTR in their novels and manga. (not where the mc enjoys it)
Not because I enjoy it, but because it shows how much it resembles reality. (it still makes me angry)
The heroine/crush doesn't have to end up with the mc. She/he will one day be bored with the partner at some point, and you probably wont do anything about it cause nothing will work after being broken by someone you trusted and loved so much.
Does NTR really need to be this much hated, or do you simply hate it becasue of the way it is?
People don't like it because of the thing it implies the idea that someone you are in a romantic relationship with is performing one of the most intimate actions with someone other than you. Most people, normal people, don't like that feeling that happens when they realize that they are being cucked.

It is really annoying though when a bunch of velvet brains start up their three-hundredth 'Why NTR is bad' circle jerk thread. You are just as bad as the thing you are complaining about at that point.

That does not mean I am defending the cucks though; I am not saying you should leave this planet, but your bloodline should probably stop with you.

I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR I LOVE NTR

Ryuujisan

the only NTR that accepts is netori I guess is the term where the MC steals someone's love. Why is he hated when mc gets netoare, most impersonate the protagonists and get in his shoes and when he gets ntr it's like readers are wearing a green hat.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Well, besides the obvious parallels with real life, people also hate watching their favorite characters betray their trust. But cheating happens so often both in fiction and in real life that is almost cliche nowadays, I think it's hated because it has become just a cheap resource used by lazy authors just for the sake of adding drama, just as the real-life excuse of "wanting to spice things up a bit"

BlackKnightX

I asked myself why?
BUT!!
There’s nothing wrong with the NTR itself, it’s just that you just posted it in the wrong place with the wrong crowd. There are definitely people who‘re into this kind of thing, but definitely not on web novels.

Web novels’ readers mostly read for escapism. They want to escape to another world, go on an adventure, and feel that sense of excitement and comfort—that’s why isekai is so popular. It’s the purest form of escapism.

NTR is the opposite of that. The readers want fun, but then you give them pain, instead. So of course, it would make sense why people would hate that.

Imagine you’re about to eat your favorite food you’ve been looking forward to eating for a long time, and then suddenly find out that there’s a fucking cockroach in the dish! How painful and disappointing is that!

It’s the same thing for tragedy. There’s nothing wrong with tragedy in and of itself—Game of Thrones has tons of tragedies in it, and it’s pretty darn popular because it meets the right audience.

My point is: there’s nothing with NTR, tragedy, or anything at all that evokes a sense of pain or sadness; it’s just that you have to meet the right crowd(target audience).

Like I said, most web novels’ readers just want an escape to the fantasy world, to have fun, so if you give something opposite of fun, then it’s normal you’ll be criticized or hated for that.

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re doing; you’re just doing it to the wrong crowd. The best way, though, is to change the crowd—change the market, put on a tag or a warning, etc.

**Don’t lure readers into your story without a warning tag and then give them a scare.**

OsiriumWrites

Hmm. I don't get all the hatred or the obsession for it.
I dislike the genre/kink but can understand that someone might like it. It is the same with other kinks. Some people like sexualising feet and toes, others dislike it.

Just play with it in your corner of the room and keep it away from my toys and we are golden.

*Shrugs and prepares to get flamed by both sides*

Frogkun

I asked myself why?
BUT!!
i prefer the woman in a happy life.
if the man is a moronha. and dense type of a guy. it's okay for me.
not okay if it start with a rape, mind control, blackmail.
something like this also acceptable for me

DeathLight

If anything NTR teaches people a life lesson about why it bad being too oblivious to your loved ones. As well as being too dumb to not notice anything or just gullible.

But most of all it gives a punch to the face to said characters who gets NTR because of their doormat behavior.

BigBadBoi

I only hate people that like NTR. Most of the people in the net I've interacted with that likes NTR are legitimately mentally ill or a shitposting retard. Sometimes both.

moeforsushi

Cheating is what happens in real life. Netroare is, for the most part, contained in the fictional world. Some may say that netorare is just cheating uder a different label, and while there deffinitely is much overlap, most of the netorare scenarios are so out of this world that taking them seriously would be silly.

Edit: Also, there is nothing wrong with liking netorare. I will go as far as to say that people should be allowed to like and enjoy whatever they want. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, what's the harm? The same thing also applies to loli, shota, scat, guro and any other fetish in the world. IMO.

Last edited:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I only hate people that like NTR. Most of the people in the net I've interacted with that likes NTR are legitimately mentally ill or a shitposting retard. Sometimes both.
I feel offended by this kind of truth. Us mentally ill shitposting retards do not condone hating us without at least having been offended by all of us. Otherwise you'd just be offended by CERTAIN mentally ill shitposting retards (and just that you know, calling mentally ill people retards is pretty offending and retarded in itself, so you're the retard, retard) ;-)

longer

Balls
It is really annoying though when a bunch of velvet brains start up their three-hundredth 'Why NTR is bad' circle jerk thread. You are just as bad as the thing you are complaining about at that point.
300th? I'm pretty sure we're closer to 800 at this point.
sotrue.jpg

LilTV1155

Glorified self-hating, misanthropic talks, and cheating sometimes rapes, epecially where victims are justified being corrupted after assaults. That what NTR stand for at least.
But I read NTR as this. No Time Real life

Slaped

I asked myself why?
BUT!!
Because it's garbage, but I guess one's garbage is another's gold.

BigBadBoi

I feel offended by this kind of truth. Us mentally ill shitposting retards do not condone hating us without at least having been offended by all of us. Otherwise you'd just be offended by CERTAIN mentally ill shitposting retards (and just that you know, calling mentally ill people retards is pretty offending and retarded in itself, so you're the retard, retard) ;-)
Don't worry. I hate every single mentally ill shitposting retard with a passion. I don't discriminate.