Will You Be Writing In The NaNoWriMo Challenge?

Will You Be Writing In The NaNoWriMo Challenge?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Too Lazy

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

LWFlouisa

I hate the competitive environment on the forum, and feel like it encourages bad habits.

When I tried I was only able to get 10,000 words done ( I had just gotten out of the Flash Fiction phase ). Nowadays I can blow 10,000 words in a week, not a month. I've optimized ways to write more quickly without needing nano.

A lot of it was a lot of outlining it later ended up being I didn't need.

Waltzoid

Not this year. I "won" the contest last year, and I transformed it (sort of) into the project I'm working on right now. I accidentally deleted the draft, though...I was going to try to transform Cloudless (old name) into something workable, but I wound up writing Through the Motions (new name) instead

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Okay, I will definitely join NaNoWriMo. This going to be my first time. I’ve got plenty of time. My schedule with school won’t interfere that much. Plus, I don’t got a job...so yeah I might as well do it.
The most I’ve written in like half a month’s time is 22k words.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan is just going to try to finish one of Ai-chan's stories, The Hounds of Hell, also listed on scribblehub.

It's a story about a brother and sister forced to survive the constant threat from a race of cannibalistic beings after their whole school was transported to another world. And since they are in love with each other, they also have to keep their relationship quiet or end up being ostracized or harassed by the other students. Yes, even when their lives are threatened, humans will always try to distract themselves by attacking each other.

Will be updating the story as chapters are done. But currently still busy with work.

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
Tried it once when I first started considering writing as something I wanted to do. It was a BAD IDEA. At least for me. My motivation stems muse, strict guidelines and stuff like that kill me.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. EGADS

Kotohood

Noob Author
I'm actually writing something and plan to finish it by this month. But it's not part of NaNoWriMo.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm actually writing something and plan to finish it by this month.
woah bro i know youre ambitious but chill like damn, a month? what about the [falls to a whisper] procrastination?

Kotohood

Noob Author
woah bro i know youre ambitious but chill like damn, a month? what about the [falls to a whisper] procrastination?
Procastination doesn't exist for one such as myself.

JK

It's something I've drafted for a few months now. Wrote the pilot chapters in August, then started writing it full time since mid of october. Think I'm about halfway there to completion.

LWFlouisa

I'm probably not going to participate: it seems like whenever I notice I'm writing, it seems like at least somebody on Twitter wants to test me, and take that as an initiative to talk to me. It's gotten better since I muted a whole bunch of people, but it's still not super ideal.

But I have a lot of background sketching practice I'm having to catch up on. Unlike writers, graphic novel people need both a compelling story / plot, and good art. Writers can get away with bad art as long as the story is good enough.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm probably not going to participate: it seems like whenever I notice I'm writing, it seems like at least somebody on Twitter wants to test me, and take that as an initiative to talk to me. It's gotten better since I muted a whole bunch of people, but it's still not super ideal.

But I have a lot of background sketching practice I'm having to catch up on. Unlike writers, graphic novel people need both a compelling story / plot, and good art. Writers can get away with bad art as long as the story is good enough.
just switch off the internet bro