Without taking a test, what do you think your current IQ is?

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
The last time I took an IQ test was in my senior year of highschool and scored 116, which is pretty much average. If I were to take a guess for my current IQ, I'd say I would be like 118, maybe 120. If I were to guess what I feel like my IQ should be, its like 2. I feel like I have 2 brain cells most days. Twice I called my kitchen the living room which just had me laughing my ass off at my own incompetence and lack of understanding of the English language anytime I'm not writing it down.

Merrikk

cause instead of making small bite size stories when I was becoming a fledgling writer.

I stubbornly blaze through on making a long ass novel with multiple planned arcs...

😞😞😞

RockiesRetriever

Lol I unfortunately can't answer this really blindly, took a psychology test this year, and I believe i was something like 111 - so more than the average, but nothing particularly amazing. I feel nice and comfortable there, where I feel like I'm smart enough for it to be useful but not so smart that it makes some distance between me and others.

CubicleHermit

No idea what my IQ is or was, but I know what my SAT and GRE percentiles were. I know I've slowed down a bit in middle age, but basically, good at logic puzzles (~20 years ago the GRE had an analytic section, I don't think it does now), better than average but really just OK at math, and really good at taking tests of reading and passive vocabulary.

I don't think it actually makes me smart, but being good at taking tests is definitely a life skill in itself.

If I remember right, formal IQ tests have a spatial reasoning component, and I am comically bad at those. At least bottom 15-20%, probably worse. In Junior High we had to take the "Cognitive Abilities Test" which wasn't scored like IQ but probably was similar. They said it wasn't for grades, but I was the competitive sort and tried to take it serious. One section was like "if you fold a paper like this and punch a hole, which pattern matches what it would look like unfolded" and .... ugh. I did so badly on the spatial part that I got accused by the school counselor of deciding to just blow off the section.

Jemini

The last time I took an IQ test was in my senior year of highschool and scored 116, which is pretty much average. If I were to take a guess for my current IQ, I'd say I would be like 118, maybe 120. If I were to guess what I feel like my IQ should be, its like 2. I feel like I have 2 brain cells most days. Twice I called my kitchen the living room which just had me laughing my ass off at my own incompetence and lack of understanding of the English language anytime I'm not writing it down.

IQ actually does not change much throughout your life. The test itself measures you on a range. And, as people in here have commented, it does somewhat depend on your current physical and mental condition as to whether or not you're operating at peak capacity. However, all variables controlled for, the test should predict your IQ within 5 or so points. Your test results can vary within about a 10 point range, but if you were to take a few dozen (real) IQ tests, you could plot them out and get an average that is within 5 or so points of the score you got.

That middle result is your true IQ score. The only reason it can't be accurately measured in this way is that every single time you take the test, it taints the results because you will gain information from it every time you take it and thus you will be more able to score higher next time. I suppose it would be possible if you could create 10+ real professional IQ tests (not the type you find on the internet, those consistently measure about 20 points higher than your real IQ score) then you could probably make it work. But, that's incredibly expensive and way too much effort to get a more accurate read when just the result of 1 test is close enough.

EDIT: Also, for the record, I have taken 2 IQ tests in my life. One was in 4th grade, and it gave me a result of 119. The other was in highschool, and it broke down the results by subject, those subjects being in the area of the major scholastic subjects. I don't remember the exact numbers, but rounding to the nearest, it was about 100 in social studies and economics, 120 in math and science, and 150 in reading comprehension.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I'd like to think it is somewhat close to the average, but maybe that's too far :blobtaco:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
The last iq test I took has it in like 132 iq and that was in 9th grade. Which is pretty low tbh. Since I’ve been making out my insanity and other stats I should be about 150+

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Don’t know, don’t care. I know “smart” people who are the poster childs of the term: dickhead. And I know “simple” people who i would trust without question.

people obsessed with “proof of intellect” are usually the most insuffarable assholes that I try to avoid at all costs.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Don’t know, don’t care. I know “smart” people who are the poster childs of the term: dickhead. And I know “simple” people who i would trust without question.

people obsessed with “proof of intellect” are usually the most insuffarable assholes that I try to avoid at all costs.
To be honest, this was mostly just to see if I could catch any of those "MY IQ IS 2,000" type of people so I could laugh at them. I might have caught one, but its hard to tell when the internet humor meta game now is ironic humor. It's hard to tell the internet comedians apart from the people that think they're the smartest being alive.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I had 140+ when I was in middle school, a few years back I was 130+. I dunno, maybe 120+? Never felt the difference, I'd been a dumb bitch before and stay that now

J_Chemist

The say the smartest individuals have the lowest common sense. And I have a lot of common sense. So you tell me.