Wondering what to do about some simple subtle changes I made to an earlier chapter...

Storymask

Here's the deal, I just started writing my story and have posted the first 10 chapters over the past 2 days. But today, I got inspiration and a big future plot for my story opened up before me. I decided to go back to chapter X and sprinkle in a few short lines that will foreshadow the big development which opens up future books. So having gone back and updated that chapter with a few simple lines that hints towards the future does one then tell their readers about said changes (which will no longer make it a subtle hint since I would be pointing it out) or just not say anything and carry on as if nothing has changed?

Thanks ahead for the advice.

P.S. The few lines I added do not affect the current storyline of Book 1, Volume1 of my story.

Last edited:

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
You could put an author’s note in the beginning of your next released chapter that states ‘I revised my first 10 chapters due to story implications.’ or ‘Chapter(s) ___ have been revised to improve the overall plot.’