Words a day and how long do you write?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
On a good day how much words do you write and a good day how long do you write for?

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
I'm a new writer and on a good day, I write maybe 2k~ and on how long is maybe 4-6h. Yeah, takes almost all my time to write a single chapter and this is on a good day version of me.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I can write 800-1200 words an hour and I usually write around 1-3 hours a day depending on how much time I have.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I average about 700-900 words per day. I'm not sure how long I write because I have the timekeeping sense of a gnat.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
My highest streak is an average of 2k per day throughout two months. Otherwise, I try to keep a solid 500 a day. I find that my quality dips like steel beams against jet fuel whenever I try to rush my word count. I just end up trying to hit a specific word count rather than actually doing my best writing good shit.

I'm telling you lads, don't buy into the shitty daily word count meme. Those are reserved for professional writers. We're shitty amateurs who get net financial negatives just to have our shit published online. What you need is practice and techniques, not quantity. Don't wring yourself dry if you can't reach a certain daily goal; remember that you want your stuff to be valuable, and not surplus.

Ay89AZ

I try and write at minimum of 400 a day. It lets me progress with my projects a little better since one of them is short form and the other requires a lot more energy. Four hundred takes like 15 mins a day. If it's a good day, I can write more. I don't know what would be a good number of chapters to stock up on before publishing. Does anyone have any idea?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Oh. 600 an hour is good. Assuming you do editing.

1. JUST WRITE IT.
2. Go back and reread it, rewriting as you go. Take out as much as you can without losing the core point of the chapter.
3. Put it in word Spell check.
4. Put it in text edit. Turn on text to speech. Listen to it read to you out loud. FIx the mistakes.
5. Put it in as a chapter in scribble hub and date it for a few days from now.
6. DO a preview in scribble hub and re-read it. Do corrections.

See, If I stick with step 1, I can belt out 10k a day. It is steps 2 thru 6 that eat up all my time, but if you don't do quality control, you will fail.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
2.5k in an hour and then I spent another 3 hours rereading and editing the draft multiple times.
That is actually really annoying for me since the draft could change very dramatically. There was this one chapter that was supposed to be light-hearted but I suddenly decided that the main character should suffer instead, so I spent another 2 hours rewriting the chapter.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
2.5k in an hour and then I spent another 3 hours rereading and editing the draft multiple times.
That is actually really annoying for me since the draft could change very dramatically. There was this one chapter that was supposed to be light-hearted but I suddenly decided that the main character should suffer instead, so I spent another 2 hours rewriting the chapter.
You are like the only guy that writes fast here

Temple

I can write 200 words in 5 minutes. But I need a hour break after that, so I don't do it. Lol

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan doesn't write per day, but per motivation. Being a married idol is a very hard word with few free time. You young people should appreciate your free time and don't waste time doing drugs.

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
My writing style and method which analyzes and covers every angle takes a bit of time, using it I take about three hours to write six hundred words and I haven't even mentioned proofreading and editing which I do myself.

Most words I've ever written in a day using that style, one thousand five hundred and six which added up to one six six seven after editing.

Edit: I always enter that zone where hours seems to turn into minutes.

yurinium

I write one draft + 2k chapters per week, so it's around 400 daily.
I have a full-time job, so I am just taking my time.