Words released per week for readers

Average

One of the first things I do when considering a story is check the chapters/week and the average words/chapter. Having a statistic like this seems like it would be nice.

Average

For avg/words just copy into word or docs, then put it into a calculator.
I meant for evaluating whether I will read a story or not because I have seen some books that have 1 chapter per week @ 10k words, and some that show 7 chapters per week on a sub 500 average word count. I just thought having that step removed would be helpful.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I meant for evaluating whether I will read a story or not because I have seen some books that have 1 chapter per week @ 10k words, and some that show 7 chapters per week on a sub 500 average word count. I just thought having that step removed would be helpful.
I understand. Could be useful in that regard, but I'm biased since I try to read completed stuff.

Average

Wait, what? Both statistics are already present if I understood you correctly.
yes, but having that in the same spot or replacing the chapters/week would be nice.
Because chapters/week is really just a convoluted way of measuring the same thing. and would probably bring up the popularity of stories that release more content, instead of adding a point where people can play the system by just posting short chapters.

Average

I think I've misunderstood you previously because I don't understand what you want.

I wanted to have a concise words/week counter. So that instead of having 5 chapters/week and finding that there is 750words/chapter, there would be a 3.75k words/week, and stories that post 2 chapters/week @3.00k words/chapter would have 6.00k words/week. I am basing these numbers off of real stories, and one of the most popular novels on this site got that way by cheesing this system with extremely short chapters and few posted words. I don't want to name which one it is because it is a good story and one that I enjoy, but I also think that there are other authors that have gotten glossed over because they posted longer chapters.
there are also a few stories where the author puts an insane 10k words/chapter, and post roughly 3 times a week, so bringing light to those people would be nice.

SailusGebel

I wanted to have a concise words/week counter. So that instead of having 5 chapters/week and finding that there is 750words/chapter, there would be a 3.75k words/week, and stories that post 2 chapters/week @3.00k words/chapter would have 6.00k words/week. I am basing these numbers off of real stories, and one of the most popular novels on this site got that way by cheesing this system with extremely short chapters and few posted words. I don't want to name which one it is because it is a good story and one that I enjoy, but I also think that there are other authors that have gotten glossed over because they posted longer chapters.
there are also a few stories where the author puts an insane 10k words/chapter, and post roughly 3 times a week, so bringing light to those people would be nice.
Cheesing the system? What system? Anyway, it's a useless stat considering how many stories go into hiatus or have an irregular update schedule.

Average

true
but scribblehub does prioritize frequent updates with little to no consideration for their length, and I still would like the counter

SailusGebel

true
but scribblehub does prioritize frequent updates with little to no consideration for their length, and I still would like the counter
No. If you are talking about trending, no one knows how it works, literally no one but Tony and maybe a couple of mods\helpers. BUT, according to popular belief, most authors would tell you that you have higher chances of getting into trending if you actually post once every two, three days, not every day. So your statement is doubly wrong.

Naheulf

Aside from trending part there also the "Latest Updates" section in the main page. And this section obviously show more often frequently updated stories than stories with more content per chapters.

Anyway, it's a useless stat considering how many stories go into hiatus or have an irregular update schedule.
That also true for chapter count per week. However this (and suddenly packed chapter release) can be reduced by taking an average on many chapters (last 10-20 chapters ?).

SailusGebel

Aside from trending part there also the "Latest Updates" section in the main page. And this section obviously show more often frequently updated stories than stories with more content per chapters.

That also true for chapter count per week. However this (and suddenly packed chapter release) can be reduced by taking an average on many chapters (last 10-20 chapters ?).
What?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You can already do this though by going to the statistic page of any story. It shows the amount of total words, chapters, total pages, and average words per chapter. If you are trying to figure out how many words per week they produce then you could easily just check the chapters per week and multiply it by the average words per chapter. It isn't that hard to do the quick math and this is more of a personal preference that few others will use to decide whether to read a story or not.