World building novels...

clover2218

Just finished with the latest chapter of World Keeper. Any other novel that has building your own world as a theme???

Neviance

I haven't found one, though I'd be very interested to read it. I liked the premise of World Keeper, but it didn't seem to keep true to what it was about. Now there's kingdom building stuff, but that isn't the same thing at all.

Help

I haven't found one, though I'd be very interested to read it. I liked the premise of World Keeper, but it didn't seem to keep true to what it was about. Now there's kingdom building stuff, but that isn't the same thing at all.
Kingdom building is a part of world-building though...?

Friend

... well am I? or not?
Kingdom building is a part of world-building though...?
... not a perfect match, though.

kingdom != world;
world != kingdom;

A world is larger than one kingdom ... unless the intent is for the kingdom to span a whole globe ... also impossible unless a fantasy kingdom also has various world-travel schemes and techniques. Albeit, for the science fiction story, it could be a 'world builder' type of tale, for one kingdom-

Hmm I think I'm giving myself another story idea, right there....

LostinMovement

Just finished with the latest chapter of World Keeper. Any other novel that has building your own world as a theme???

*tentatively points at oneself*

It's BL though so that might not be your cup of tea. There is no romantic or sexual content yet. At this point, it's mostly plot, character introduction and settings.
The story takes place in a fictional universe with its own geography, history, nations, politics, religions and socio-economics. There is also magic (ties to religion) and mythology. Gender roles are viewed somewhat differently as well (bisexuality is regarded as the 'default' norm). So if you want to give it ago, feel free.

Spoiler Alert : The story has high elements of political intrigue. Vying for the throne is an eventual motive of the MC.

Last edited:

MemoDaBoi

Blank is about John, who is taken to a 'Blank' world. There, he builds up everything from scratch.

Uh, smut. Kinda.