(worth the read)How marriage disputes got resolved in poor 3rd word counteries or in medival times. First hand account.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
This is really rare but it was interesting so i am putting it here.

So there is a sweeper in our colony. He has two sons. One 8 year old . Other is between 17 - 19. So his older son got engaged . The father took the dowry. They were set to be married in 2022.
IDK if the girl was even underage or not. Now the girl he got engaged with had a boyfriend. So naturally showing he had strong love he sent his photos with the girl to sweeper's older son on whatsapp.

Then he threatened to murder him. Now sweeper's son decided this is not worth the trouble and got scared. So he called off the wedding. This enraged the bride's parents.
They said that there girl would only get married to sweeper's son.
(Expert sources on this tell me that it was not due to caste. They belong to same caste but probably cause her boyfriend doesn't have a stable job or is a hooligan
or her cousin. Any one of them are possibilties)

Sweeper's son refused. So naturally they did the only sane thing and probably planned to forcefully make the sweeper's son marry there daughter. Or intimidate him or some shit. Now sweeper's son was out at work. So they kidnapped sweeper's 8 year old kid.
I think the sweeper was refusing to return the dowry they had given him. By the way dowry is illegal but no one gives a fuck.
So now he decided to go to police.
This in india . He was poor . So the system never ceases to give it's best effort to make him even poorer.
So he actually asked someone related to police in our colony. (he works here). for help. So they sent him to the police station. Where he had to file a complain and pay a bribe of
13.52 dollar.
(half his salary)
(if he had not asked for help in our colony he would have needed to pay 33.8 dollars . He got a discount)
So naturally since he could not afford the bribe he asked for a loan to the guy he worked under.
(not directly but by asking the gaurd )
He just gave him his salary which was 27.04 dollar.
With this he could pay the bribe. Now since he asked people with a little power for help . The police actually did some shit and went to the guy who kidnapped his son.
Police may have not worked if he had not asked for help in colony or it may have cost more.
-30/4/2021 10:12 IST

The post will be updated as the story develops.
Oh of course since i am middle class i am making a post about it on scribblehub and might use this for writing ideas.
It's all so macabre. If you think about it.
Really puts things into perspective huh. By the way sweeper is still called lazy by people of colony. (he is absent 1/4 of the days).

Just to salt the wounds even further.
You know Sanskrit a dead language with no use.
yeah government pays to teach that in public school.
So in terms of value to society teacher and sweeper are basically equivalent. As Sanskrit is a dead language and no one ever passed that school and improved his social standing by much. Ok those who opened shops improved but no one won the competitive exams.

Kinda amazing right. you can just look around and plot for fantasy world automatically devlops

UPDATE 1602
Police did not do much. Both families were called today in police station.
Kidnapper say return our dowry which we gave on engagement.
Sweeper spent his dowry and would need to go to bank. Can't go there due to lockdown.
The family who kidnapped claim
"I don't give a fuck about police. i am not gonna tell where the kid is kept "
The police have not really done much and would probably take bribe from kidnappers.
Mind you they will take bribes from both sides.
The sweepers name translates literally to
"innocent"
Most likely boyfriend would have not killed him but would have beaten the shit out of him

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
This is really rare but it was interesting so i am putting it here.

So there is a sweeper in our colony. He has two sons. One 8 year old . Other is between 17 - 19. So his older son got engaged . The father took the dowry. They were set to be married in 2022.
IDK if the girl was even underage or not. Now the girl he got engaged with had a boyfriend. So naturally showing he had strong love he sent his photos with the girl to sweeper's older son on whatsapp.

Then he threatened to murder him. Now sweeper's son decided this is not worth the trouble and got scared. So he called off the wedding. This enraged the bride's parents.
They said that there girl would only get married to sweeper's son.
(Expert sources on this tell me that it was not due to caste. They belong to same caste but probably cause her boyfriend doesn't have a stable job or is a hooligan

Sweeper's son refused. So naturally they did the only sane thing and probably planned to forcefully make the sweeper's son marry there daughter. Or intimidate him or some shit. Now sweeper's son was out at work. So they kidnapped sweeper's 8 year old kid.
I think the sweeper was refusing to return the dowry they had given him. By the way dowry is illegal but no one gives a fuck.
So now he decided to go to police.
This in india . He was poor . So the system never ceases to give it's best effort to make him even poorer.
So he actually asked someone related to police in our colony. (he works here). for help. So they sent him to the police station. Where he had to file a complain and pay a bribe of
13.52 dollar.
(half his salary)
(if he had not asked for help in our colony he would have needed to pay 33.8 dollars . He got a discount)
So naturally since he could not afford the bribe he asked for a loan to the guy he worked under.
(not directly but by asking the gaurd )
He just gave him his salary which was 27.04 dollar.
With this he could pay the bribe. Now since he asked people with a little power for help . The police actually did some shit and went to the guy who kidnapped his son.
Police may have not worked if he had not asked for help in colony or it may have cost more.
-30/4/2021 10:12 IST

The post will be updated as the story develops.
Oh of course since i am middle class i am making a post about it on scribblehub and might use this for writing ideas.
It's all so macabre. If you think about it.
Really puts things into perspective huh. By the way sweeper is still called lazy by people of colony. (he is absent 1/4 of the days).

Just to salt the wounds even further.
You know Sanskrit a dead language with no use.
yeah government pays to teach that in public school.
So in terms of value to society teacher and sweeper are basically equivalent. As Sanskrit is a dead language and no one ever passed that school and improved his social standing by much. Ok those who opened shops improved but no one won the competitive exams.

Kinda amazing right. you can just look around and plot for fantasy world automatically devlops
Just wanted to tell you that medieval Europe had actually some more complicated forms of marriage. At least, before the Catholic Church arrived. They introduced consent and stuff, but also weakened the role of women.

D

Deleted member 53101

You guys ..., still have the caste system?

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Reality is truly stranger than fiction...but this is what makes living in this world worthwhile. I would never isekai just because I know there wouldn't be any memes and strange shit happening just like here.

1618836491950.jpg

Bloodysin28

I mean current day society is a order keg, it just needs a fuse to be lit. people always hate each other,it's just the catalyst needed in current age is larger and the final chain reaction will be larger.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
You guys ..., still have the caste system?
Yep. India still maintains the same culture they've had since ancient times. Their leaders and head religions might change, but their day-to-day culture hasn't changed any at all. Not quite as medieval as Arabs/Persians in the Middle & Near East, but not far from it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
In a first world country, we might diagnose the parents of the girl as criminally insane.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Press F everyone... this is real life right here.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
What sort of insane family did the sad guy get tangled up with? A boyfriend who is potentially a murderer (At least threatened to be one) And parents who actually had the connections to kidnap someone.............. *Mindblown* I feel sorry for him.

Also, if it's so famous now (I'm guessing it is since you know it), there should be people doing something about it right?

someguysomeone

What sort of insane family did the sad guy get tangled up with? A boyfriend who is potentially a murderer (At least threatened to be one) And parents who actually had the connections to kidnap someone.............. *Mindblown* I feel sorry for him.

Also, if it's so famous now (I'm guessing it is since you know it), there should be people doing something about it right?

Nothing is actually going to happen. Threats happen a lot.
The police will get bribes from both parties and dowry would be returned.

No . LOL. they are all super poor.
As in there day job is cleaning the streets.

Kidnapping was basically.
No connections they just went and took the kid.
"Hey kid your dad is calling. Come with us".

It's not famous. I know cause his father cleans our colony for 40 dollar a month.
UPDATE 1602
Police did not do much. Both families were called today in police station.
Kidnapper say return our dowry which we gave on engagement.
Sweeper spent his dowry and would need to go to bank. Can't go there due to lockdown.
The family who kidnapped claim
"I don't give a fuck about police. i am not gonna tell where the kid is kept "
The police have not really done much and would probably take bribe from kidnappers.
Mind you they will take bribes from both sides.
The sweepers name translates literally to
"innocent"
Most likely boyfriend would have not killed him but would have beaten the shit out of him

Last edited:

someguysomeone

Update 2. He got his son back.
Police made sweeper return the dowry and convinced the kidnapper that marriage isn't possible.

the parents just did not want there girl to marry her boyfriend but instead do arranged marriage.
cause of there massive ego and also cause there logic goes
(girl is young her boyfriend is probably stupid. boyfriend may have some problem)
arranged marriage is more stable cause they know the family.

love marriage is really looked down upon.
if you are poor or retarded.
it's not culturally appropriate.

So to prevent her from marrying her boyfriend they got him married to someone else.

it's kinda fucked up culture if you aren't modern.can't even choose love. parents will choose for you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 53101

only in marriage.only in sometimes.
no one cares about anything else but it makes slight problem when marrying
I see, seems pretty much like what happened in Bali. The caste system only applied in marriage and not in everyday life.

it's kinda fucked up culture if you aren't modern.can't even choose love. parents will choose for you
If the parents know that their daughter dated a
poor or retarded
..., then as 'good parents', they must prevent the conjoining of the two from happening. It's not like they're moneygrubber or opportunistic, but they just wanted what is 'best' for their daughter. Poor is already a minus, and what more retarded, that's two minus points.

Life problem is so strange sometimes, and yeah ..., a simple marriage can be so dramatic like those in a soap opera.