Would you allow an evil villainess to take away your sadness? (Poll)

Would you ever ask the magical girl to take away your negative emotions?

• Never

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Yes, if I were severely and dysfunctionally depressed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, if I were clinically depressed or had a mental illness

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, if I were self-diagnosed with depression or another mental illness

• Yes, if I suffered from chronic strongly negative emotions

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, if I suffered from occasional strongly negative emotions

• Yes, if I was feeling very upset

• Yes, if I was feeling mildly upset

• Yes, I would do it just to give it a try

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I'm unsure

• I do not wish to respond

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

minacia

perpetually sour
:blob_ghost:

The Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness visits you one day and says she'd like to take away your sadness/pain.
She can't make you happy, but at the very least she make the negative emotions go away.
It will have a temporary effect, sort of like taking antidepressants.
She is extremely forthright with you and she explains that she's evil and belongs to the dark side. By allowing her to take your negative emotions, she will become stronger and be able to do more evil deeds. She is unwilling to tell you exactly what kind of evil deeds she will do, but she assures you that she is genuinely evil and bad.
She can also take away your negative emotions for XXX amount of time, from as short as a few minutes to as long as many years. If you would like, she can take away the sadness for as long as you want. She is also able to target very specific negative emotions (i.e. poor self-esteem or anger management issues).
She says that unlike pharmaceutical antidepressants, there are no negative side effects to her magic. It is extremely selective, and she can also undo the magic if you are unhappy with it.

1. Would you agree? Why or why not?

2. If you do agree, how long would you want her to take away sadness/pain?

3. Would you be more willing to agree if the magical girl wasn't evil?

4. Suppose that a close friend of yours is very depressed. Would you recommend them to see the Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness?

Vaxel00

1. No, because of the Coolidge effect. If happiness becomes the norm I'd become unable to feel it and it would just feel numb.

2. See 1

3. Morality is on the eye of the beholder.

4. My friends can do whatever they want.

averagewriter

1. No, because there is a reason for those negative emotions, taking them away would only make me laking certain aspects humans should have instead of making my life better. I would rather search for the source of the problem and solve it myself. It would also remove tension from my life which is something I am in utmost need of if ever want to improve in anything.

2. 0.

3. No.

4. No.

DubstheDuke

I would say only if it was to the point of mental illness. I feel that sadness and suffering are a necessary part of what makes us human, so to take that away would be kinda.... irresponsible. As far as the evil thing, that doesn't really effect me at all, I mean I guess I would be more suspicious due to the fact that she is evil but that wouldn't change the effects, no?

JayDirex

Oh Please!! that chick taking my sadness would only be temporary. But yeah sure, I'm down. But instead of using magic on my brain, what I would rather is she threw a PROJECT X LIKE party and me and the homies (to include my fellow SH Authors, like) partying and living large :cool::LOL:

OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! DANCE DANCE TILL YOUR DEAD, HEADZ WILL ROLL ON THE FLOOR!...everlasting memories :)

Yea--- Na--- Maybe.... sometimes... life is really hard.... I think mostly I have always managed to make good out of a bad situation, or mend a seemingly hopeless situation... either with out of box thinking or good interpersonal skills...

But there are times there are situations I just can't "fix"... people tell me, "you already did very well, given how bad everything is", or "It's beyond your control, you are trying to do the impossible..." "you can anticipate every possibility of how thing will turn out before it happens"

Still the sense of helplessness, the sense that "why am I not clever enough to "fix" it?" "I have predicted people's choices before I did I not see that variable?". Those feelings I know I will get over, will accept the situation, and move on from it....

But I just sometimes... I just wish I can move on quicker, to come to terms with it faster.... resolve those emotions easier...

Still, if I am deprived of that "Greving" that "pain" I think I will be stunting my growth as a person...

8 hours, just a good night sleep

Good and evil is not a mitigating factor in this case

4. Suppose that a close friend of yours is very depressed. Would you recommend them to see the Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness?
I would not recommend them, but I will recommend the Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness go visit them. Depression is a serious mental health issue. But I am not knowledgable enough to recommend what sort of treatment would be best.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
:blob_ghost:

The Magical Girl of Evil and Darkness visits you one day and says she'd like to take away your sadness/pain.
She can't make you happy, but at the very least she make the negative emotions go away.
It will have a temporary effect, sort of like taking antidepressants.
She is extremely forthright with you and she explains that she's evil and belongs to the dark side. By allowing her to take your negative emotions, she will become stronger and be able to do more evil deeds. She is unwilling to tell you exactly what kind of evil deeds she will do, but she assures you that she is genuinely evil and bad.
She can also take away your negative emotions for XXX amount of time, from as short as a few minutes to as long as many years. If you would like, she can take away the sadness for as long as you want. She is also able to target very specific negative emotions (i.e. poor self-esteem or anger management issues).
She says that unlike pharmaceutical antidepressants, there are no negative side effects to her magic. It is extremely selective, and she can also undo the magic if you are unhappy with it.

... this reminds me of somebody. I'm not sure who it is, but the description is uncanny.

What kind of idiot would go around trying to convince people that they were genuinely nefarious and villainous in a completely honest and forthright manner?

Yorda's Real Thoughts: *This sounds like the greatest scam ever conceived by an agent of villainy. Using this ... this I could collect so much negative energy that my villainess level would surely go over 9000 in no time! Ohohohoho.*

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Evil is subjective, so I'd want to get to know her better first. I value honesty, and some people might call me evil for being polyamorous. On the other hand, why is she being secretive about the deeds she plans to commit? Since it's not like I have a close relationship with her, it's not like she owes me any answers.

Since I believe in the things I'm doing for the world, but sometimes my exhaustion and anxiety gets in the way, I think I'll take her up on that offer. I'll work to do as much good as I can, and if she and I have conflicting moral codes, I trust I'm strong enough to cancel out whatever she does.

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.

1. I no really like being depressed so eh, why not. Go get em evil gal!

2. Be it when she ran out of her evil deeds or me ran out of sadness. It never known and who knows, i might become addicted to it so it just depends. But for the start as we began - lets continue.

3. Same, i guess.

4. Sure, why not. But if they doesnt want then my job is to suggest, your is to refuse.