Would you like a philosophical, satirical, comedic NEET in a changing earth as an MC?

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Okay, I continuing one of old novels that I left behind when I was flooded with work and stress. I'am developing the plot and story so I want to hear your opinions as a reader.

Would you like a philosophical, satirical, comedic NEET in a changing earth as an MC? Maybe a hikigaya-like MC but more funny and less pragmatic. What do you expect this guy to do?

I would love to read your suggestions and comments. Thanks and Cheers!:blob_highfive::blob_paint:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
They are all the same to me, ignorant fools. without the barest kind of understanding that I wouldn't even entrust with my coffee machine not to mention the world. Give me a good philosophical character, though, and we can talk.

Daichi

Neets are Neets i.e unemployed fellow who either do not want to work or can't seem to get work. If I talk about practically then I wouldn't trust Neets with changing the world unless they are doing some research such as immortality or cure for cancer but if they could do that then they wouldn't be Neet. Sorry, if I sound harsh. Last thing, anybody can change the world in books so why not Neets?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've rejected countless manuscripts with NEET protagonists. I'm sure it's possible to do a good one, but I haven't seen it yet. I get the feeling that NEET stories are self-insert for the most part. I actually do self-insert, but it works out because I also have an interesting life.

Then again, maybe NEET readers would actually enjoy a protagonist they can identify with. The problem with that is that most editors are employed and so they won't identify with a NEET and also can't imagine NEETs having money to buy the book, so they're never a target audience.

Well, you do you. Write the story that you want to read. Someone out there has similar tastes and will love it.

Assurbanipal_II

I've rejected countless manuscripts with NEET protagonists. I'm sure it's possible to do a good one, but I haven't seen it yet. I get the feeling that NEET stories are self-insert for the most part. I actually do self-insert, but it works out because I also have an interesting life.

Then again, maybe NEET readers would actually enjoy a protagonist they can identify with. The problem with that is that most editors are employed and so they won't identify with a NEET and also can't imagine NEETs having money to buy the book, so they're never a target audience.

Well, you do you. Write the story that you want to read. Someone out there has similar tastes and will love it.

Are you an editor? :blob_evil_two::blob_evil_two::blob_evil_two: :blob_evil_two:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Are you an editor? :blob_evil_two::blob_evil_two::blob_evil_two: :blob_evil_two:
Yes, for some small press you've never heard of. When Seto Kaiba grabs Joan's business card in Chapter 17, that business card is real! Did I mention I write self-insert? Yes, yes I did mention that.

Assurbanipal_II

Yes, for some small press you've never heard of. When Seto Kaiba grabs Joan's business card in Chapter 17, that business card is real! Did I mention I write self-insert? Yes, yes I did mention that.

Interesting to know. :blob_evil_two:

i think it's pretty good, now i'd like to see them changing the world so anybody can be a NEET if they want to.

like, it's no longer a necessity to work, but a choice.

but it's debatable whether they'd still be a NEET, if they did so. guess it depends on what you refer as education, employment, or training.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't have anything against the premise, but it doesn't really have anything that appeals to me, so I wouldn't read it.

Reciful

So much hate for Neets eh~

On the other hand as a different opinion from the rest. I like Neet Characters they are soooo interesting if you ask me~ why?
cuz those type of Characters holds deep hatred inside them.... Most neet do so. as far as I Observed, people think they are useless, hopeless, arrogant, & delusional (which is true) but unlike those everyday regular lawful healthy Individuals of society who's all contented living in reality & afraid of change. This outcast on the other hand deeply desire change(which will benefit them only usually) ironically they're lazy to do it themselves as they give up on the world & their own selves...

Usually this kind of character (Neets) were the one who truly desire to change the world more than anyone else.... Cuz they hated the world so they desire to reshape the world only according to their desire.

Which I find funny... What kind of world would be born under such individual?

TowerGuy

Anyway, this is a weird question.

Any character personality can be likable, it depends on how they are written.