Would you rather have it dark or vanilla?

Aza.Iva

When you think of a romance story, would you prefer it being with an egotistical, psychopath MC or a sweeter than sugar MC?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
light skin is nice and all but I do prefer tanned-

...oh oH OH YOU MEAN MC PERSONALITIES

uh, both is okay, as long as they're well-written

D

Deleted member 45782

In terms of personality, then would go for vanilla sweet-sugar MC. But sometimes that fluff is too over the top can't really relate, so would rather prefer a more reliable MC. Some realistic edges on things, but with a touch of fluff that just makes it worthwhile enough.

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
I just want a story where for once there's no over-the-top bullshit drama, no ntr, and no author going, "Hey, so, I know you all love this character, buuuuuut, they're actually like, canon fodder that'll help progress the MC's character development, so I'm gonna scar you all with the death of one of your favorite characters."
Like I get that the authors wanna develop the MC's character but, why you gotta kill everyone. It reminds me of a certain anime where literally everyone died
*cough*akame ga kill*cough*

Last edited:

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I mean, I can read either to be honest. I'll enjoy the latter more, of course.

But in general I'd like to veer away from extremes and just have a character that has some different flavours than just edge and fluff, though in a romance I gravitate more to fluff.

Derin_Edala

Psychopaths are boring. Egotists are also boring. It's possible to write an interesting psychopathic character, but when someone does, their psychopathy is the least interesting thing about them. "Edgy", "evil" or "dangerous" romance has its place in the horror/thriller genres as a way to create danger and tension, but as a romance? Boring.