Would you read a shonen fantasy story?

Ch-E-Gallardo

Okay, so hear me out.

My story is quite inspired in the shonen big shots like One Piece, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter, and even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Of course just in essence since I have my very own story. I lack sense of humor so I'm not very good at comedy, yet I'm very confident in all action scenes and story plot. I still can't say it would be seinen... yet.

There are three power systems:

- Ki: the energy of the body. Both living things and inanimated objects have it since they have physical entity. Even the forces of nature like wind, rain, earthquakes and stuff are manifestations of ki.
- Spiritual Arts: all living things have a soul, yet only those with high enough degree of consciousness can learn to control their own spirit and interact with others' souls.
- Elemental Power: those with the ability to control the material elements with their own energy are called adepts and this power can't enter inside neither Ki nor Spiritual Arts.

Of course, I planned the universal laws of the worldbuilding so these three are connected for obvious reasons. I love One Piece's plot designing about foreshadowing so I planned almost everything on the plot before even start writing. I'm planning to write 3 volumes divided in two parts each, 6 books at least (depends on how long extends each volume). I'm already writing the second part of the first volume, I-2.

Attachments

• Portada 2da Ed EN Ebook Google.jpg
    Portada 2da Ed EN Ebook Google.jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 30

EternalSunset0

Go ahead and post it. I'm fine with that genre. Bleach was my starter anime when I started the road to being a weeb and going beyond just watching whatever's on TV, after all.

I also watched Shaman King, if it's anything relevant to you since I feel you're going somewhere in that direction.

Wohendum

Okay, so hear me out.

My story is quite inspired in the shonen big shots like One Piece, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter, and even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Of course just in essence since I have my very own story. I lack sense of humor so I'm not very good at comedy, yet I'm very confident in all action scenes and story plot. I still can't say it would be seinen... yet.

There are three power systems:

- Ki: the energy of the body. Both living things and inanimated objects have it since they have physical entity. Even the forces of nature like wind, rain, earthquakes and stuff are manifestations of ki.
- Spiritual Arts: all living things have a soul, yet only those with high enough degree of consciousness can learn to control their own spirit and interact with others' souls.
- Elemental Power: those with the ability to control the material elements with their own energy are called adepts and this power can't enter inside neither Ki nor Spiritual Arts.

Of course, I planned the universal laws of the worldbuilding so these three are connected for obvious reasons. I love One Piece's plot designing about foreshadowing so I planned almost everything on the plot before even start writing. I'm planning to write 3 volumes divided in two parts each, 6 books at least (depends on how long extends each volume). I'm already writing the second part of the first volume, I-2.
While's its the typical shtick for Shounen...avoid the "powah ov fwendshwip" if you can. And if you must have romance, don't make the MC's denser than Mount Everest. These are typical faults of Shounen (to me at least.) Just suggestions.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I wouldn't, but someone will love it. Write what you love. Your passion will shine through your work, and the right people will find it.

Ch-E-Gallardo

Go ahead and post it. I'm fine with that genre. Bleach was my starter anime when I started the road to being a weeb and going beyond just watching whatever's on TV, after all.

I also watched Shaman King, if it's anything relevant to you since I feel you're going somewhere in that direction.
Actually, it's already published in here. You can read it in my profile if you feel like it. I'm posting almost half the book that I have published on Amazon and I'm currently writing the second one.
While's its the typical shtick for Shounen...avoid the "powah ov fwendshwip" if you can. And if you must have romance, don't make the MC's denser than Mount Everest. These are typical faults of Shounen (to me at least.) Just suggestions.
I FEEL THAT, dude. Fairy Tail with Power of Friendship, the dense MC from generally the Isekai genre (I also don't like harem at all), I've taken all those examples into consideration about what NOT to do. I'm glad I found someone that thinks like me.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Considering Hunter x Hunter and One Piece are among my most favorite mangas of all time, go ahead and do it. I'd read it.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Does there need to be 3? If it can be accomplished with one would it be easier to read?

Also sounds like a cultivator novel and I am a bit burnt out on those. The characters tend to become demi god's and leave humanity behind. The problem with most of them is than they can solve everything with power. Hard to relate to someone like that.

MareoKen

I would! That's my favourite genre. Your 2nd power system is in fact pretty similar to the one in my book. You should put a link to your story in your signature if you want people to check it out easily!