Wow Just Wow

LMStephens

One Complexed and Unusual Being
I just love getting a review where people clearly don't know what they are talking about. Everybody makes typos in writing, no one is perfect. Obviously I have more editing to do, which is normal since hey, we're all human. My favorite one though is telling me that it's not unexperienced but inexperienced. Actually, it's both. Uh, yea, I use editor in MS Word. It's not perfect but you know. Anyway, in the English language, a lot of words can be spelled more than one way. Unexperienced and inexperienced is one of them. I love the dictionary.

Unexperienced

Inexperienced

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Most of the writers here will or have received reviews like that. It's fairly common. Though it's not as prevalent on ScribbleHub as other sites like Royal Road. All you can do is ignore them. At least you haven't been hit by the 0.5-star trolls yet. Those are the worst as they don't explain why they gave you such a low rating. Anyways, just keep on writing and try to enjoy it as much as possible.

LMStephens

Most of the writers here will or have received reviews like that. It's fairly common. Though it's not as prevalent on ScribbleHub as other sites like Royal Road. All you can do is ignore them. At least you haven't been hit by the 0.5-star trolls yet. Those are the worst as they don't explain why they gave you such a low rating. Anyways, just keep on writing and try to enjoy it as much as possible.
Thanks! Hey, I've seen you on RR! Hehe
Not everyone is a native language speaker. Sometimes you(reader) come with the best intentions, but your education fails you.
Got ya.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I just love getting a review where people clearly don't know what they are talking about. Everybody makes typos in writing, no one is perfect. Obviously I have more editing to do, which is normal since hey, we're all human. My favorite one though is telling me that it's not unexperienced but inexperienced. Actually, it's both. Uh, yea, I use editor in MS Word. It's not perfect but you know. Anyway, in the English language, a lot of words can be spelled more than one way. Unexperienced and inexperienced is one of them. I love the dictionary.

Unexperienced

Inexperienced
Careful now, if you gripe about trolls they are to come to you in swathes.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
Hmm, I just read that review, and I see that several things it pointed out, were also the feedback you ignored in your other thread... Maybe, they saw your thread and decided to give their feedback in a way you would be forced to accept it instead of offering it on the forum for you to bitch at them and call them rude.

Not everything in the review was valid criticism and a one-star rating seems extremely harsh, but there were a lot of valid points as well.

Dunno, to me you come across as an "unexperienced" writer who thinks you're god's gift to the world or something.

Have a nice day!

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor

Unexperienced

Inexperienced
I recommend Grammarly or ProWritingAid, I use Grammarly and it's just a Chrome extension that corrects many things that the Word editor doesn't. It is simple and effective, and you can use it while posting your draft in the Scribblehub editor.

As for the Grammar warriors, I let them be, I'm not an English native speaker so I just thank them for the corrections, I think that annoys them.

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I just love getting a review where people clearly don't know what they are talking about. Everybody makes typos in writing, no one is perfect.
Everyone makes mistakes, but those are still mistakes. Typos affect the quality of your novel, so I find it fair that a review can criticize them. I have already read some works that had a mistake every two words, making them unreadable, jut because of the typos. They might have been top tier in every other aspect, but it was so bad I couldn't stand it, and I would have appreciated a review warning me about it before I tried.

Of course, if I got a one star review saying my spelling was horrible with no other reason, I would not take it well, but my issue would not be that he has criticized my spelling (which isn't great), it would be that he misrepresented the magnitude of the issue.
Obviously I have more editing to do, which is normal since hey, we're all human. My favorite one though is telling me that it's not unexperienced but inexperienced. Actually, it's both. Uh, yea, I use editor in MS Word. It's not perfect but you know. Anyway, in the English language, a lot of words can be spelled more than one way. Unexperienced and inexperienced is one of them. I love the dictionary.
That's fair, I find there is nothing worse than incorrect criticism. If someone points out a flaw in my work, I can say "oh, you are right", and fix it, but if they are incorrect I just have to accept that my front page will be tarnished by this false claim, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
That's fair, I find there is nothing worse than incorrect criticism. If someone points out a flaw in my work, I can say "oh, you are right", and fix it, but if they are incorrect I just have to accept that my front page will be tarnished by this false claim, and there is nothing I can do about it.
This one is a bit of a special case, if you read their story and then read the review, like half of the review was valid, and half of it was smoke-from-ass bullshit.

OP had another thread yesterday in which a bunch of people tried to offer them feedback (a lot of the same feedback was in the review), and their response to almost everyone was "If you don't like my story just move on!"

I think the reviewer might have seen that thread and decided to "force" op to actually acknowledge that feedback. That backfired, and now OP is spamming the forum with their complaints. Much like the review, some complaints are valid, and others are smoke-from-ass bullshit.

LMStephens

Everyone makes mistakes, but those are still mistakes. Typos affect the quality of your novel, so I find it fair that a review can criticize them. I have already read some works that had a mistake every two words, making them unreadable, jut because of the typos. They might have been top tier in every other aspect, but it was so bad I couldn't stand it, and I would have appreciated a review warning me about it before I tried.

Of course, if I got a one star review saying my spelling was horrible with no other reason, I would not take it well, but my issue would not be that he has criticized my spelling (which isn't great), it would be that he misrepresented the magnitude of the issue.

No, I don't have an issue with the whole pointing out my typos, that's a help. I didn't mean to make it seem like I didn't want people to point out my typos, but now that the review is up and edit my story, which I am going to do because I've gotten some good contructive critism, that review still says that there are typos in my work and there is nothing I can do about it. What I was calling attention to is the incorrect criticism especially when people are being haughty about it.
I recommend Grammarly or ProWritingAid, I use Grammarly and it's just a Chrome extension that corrects many things that the Word editor doesn't. It is simple and effective, and you can use it while posting your draft in the Scribblehub editor.

As for the Grammar warriors, I let them be, I'm not an English native speaker so I just thank them for the corrections, I think that annoys them.
I prefer MS Word, that's what I learn to type in and it just feels great to me. I read my stories several times all the time and keep editing. I have no problem with the pointing out the typos, it's just the whole attitude that unexperience isn't a word.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
but now that the review is up and edit my story, which I am going to do because I've gotten some good contructive critism, that review still says
Um, sweety, you know you can private message on this site right?

Once your story is edited, message the user and say something like "Hey, the issues you pointed out have been addressed, can you please consider revising your review?" be polite about it.

If they don't, then there is this little button that says "report"
1642709055916.png

See it there, in the bottom left? You click that and send Tony a message saying the issues in the review have been addressed, but the reviewer is unwilling to change the review to reflect that. Then, Tony removes the review.

SailusGebel

I prefer MS Word, that's what I learn to type in and it just feels great to me. I read my stories several times all the time and keep editing. I have no problem with the pointing out the typos, it's just the whole attitude that unexperience isn't a word.
You can use both. After writing it in Word and searching for all the mistakes, give your text a quick look through Grammarly to search for typos that you might've missed.