Writing Write about a Yandere but with a chance to a happy ending?

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Hi there.

Writing my novel I thought about adding a character, a yandere. But the idea I have for the character is that the more time she spends with the protagonist she learns to control herself. The novel is mainly about action and organizations fighting each other. The protagonist then one day meets the yandere who was a friend of his in the past. He wants to help her to be more normal and she also tries to put that in the past. But I also want to make it clear that she really is bad in the head. She will help him in his adventures and the protagonist will try to keep her from getting out of control. By the end, I was thinking that she would end up afraid of hurting people who do not deserve it for fear that the protagonist hates her. Making her afraid of herself in the end.

My problem is how to write the character, how would she act in a way that is not so heavy so that readers think that she is the bad guy in the story, but at the same time that she is crazy enough to make it interesting?

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Hi there.

Writing my novel I thought about adding a character, a yandere. But the idea I have for the character is that the more time she spends with the protagonist she learns to control herself. The novel is mainly about action and organizations fighting each other. The protagonist then one day meets the yandere who was a friend of his in the past. He wants to help her to be more normal and she also tries to put that in the past. But I also want to make it clear that she really is bad in the head. She will help him in his adventures and the protagonist will try to keep her from getting out of control. By the end, I was thinking that she would end up afraid of hurting people who do not deserve it for fear that the protagonist hates her. Making her afraid of herself in the end.

My problem is how to write the character, how would she act in a way that is not so heavy so that readers think that she is the bad guy in the story, but at the same time that she is crazy enough to make it interesting?

I will never read a story where a perfectly.good yandere is made into a basic vanilla bitch.

I ain't gonna make fun of people who like the idea, or say it's a bad idea, it's just not something I would enjoy.

SailusGebel

Hi there.

Your idea somewhat resembles My Reality is a Romance Game. Ore no Genjitsu wa Ren'ai Game?? ka to Omottara Inochigake no Game data, is the name of the manga version. Check it out, perhaps you will find something that will help you.

RedHunter2296

1. Put the protagonist in a perilous setting where they need yandere-chan's help to survive (Mirai Nikki)
2. Make all the antagonists even crazier (Happy Sugar Life)
Well the first one if I was watching it when it was on display, but I stopped seeing it just when it was revealed that she was part of the problem. Although the truth if she had planned that the porter had to work with her to get ahead. the second series I did not even know of its existence.
I will never read a story where a perfectly.good yandere is made into a basic vanilla bitch.

I ain't gonna make fun of people who like the idea, or say it's a bad idea, it's just not something I would enjoy.
Well, what I'm looking for is exactly for the yandere to get back together, at least partially. Also, she would only be one more character in the story. I think it is quite interesting to see how she relates to other people. For example, she has to fight with what she would consider a rival in love because she is afraid of what the protagonist could do to her in case he hurts the rival, while the other girl is clearly afraid of being with the yandere but at the same time have to work with her to get out of the problem in which the two are. One would try at least to try to scare the other away and the other would have to find a way to stay close to survive.

The same is what I think, I know that there will be people who like and people who do not. The reviews that I have received have made that very clear to me, so now I only write what I want and let the reader be the one who is bother :blob_teehee:.
Your idea somewhat resembles My Reality is a Romance Game. Ore no Genjitsu wa Ren'ai Game?? ka to Omottara Inochigake no Game data, is the name of the manga version. Check it out, perhaps you will find something that will help you.
I'm going to check it out, thanks

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Think of where her reactions come from. Most likely they are coming from insecurity. She doesn't feel secure that her passion loves her back and thus she lashes out in a violent manner.

If you want her to grow you can always work on her maturity level and/or how secure she feels in her relationship. Or vice versa - make her accept the current state of affairs and let go instead.

Granted both of these direction will make her quite different from what she had started from

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Maybe if she's under 25. After 25, it becomes much more difficult to change your personality.

My best friend married a yandere who was over the age of 25. It did not end well. They only stayed legally married for more than a year because the state they were living in required a full year of marriage before filing for divorce. The divorce has been finalized, and my best friend is engaged to someone else now.

Mechaphobic

The male character should start doing things, so insane from his failing sanity that it scares the yandere. This makes her begin to question her own decisions and thought processes. She then has a turn to be the rational one for a while. I would go for a story with 2 heavily traumatized people fighting insanity and ultimately getting together in a healthy manner.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
*Already has a story which OP describes*

Uhh... There are multiple ways you can write this off but mainly depends on the dynamic between the MC and the heroine. Now, I think the easiest way for a yandere to change is to make the MC be hurt a lot and what I mean is that he really needs to be hurt a lot. As for why? because a yandere's basic instinct is mostly to care for her target which is the MC. You have to make the MC feel protective of the yandere to see the changes in her to slowly become normal.

Another thing is when the yandere isn't protective of the MC, which means the MC will have to be more strong willed. Like when a yandere is about to hurt someone, he needs to step in and protect someone while scolding her. Added bonus if you do the carrot and stick tactic of teaching her slowly whats right and wrong. This will work if the MC can read a yandere's mind so its best if the MC is the observant type.

I could go in more detail but I'm kinda lazy so I'll give you a few of these since its just a basic guide for taming a yandere.

RedHunter2296

Think of where her reactions come from. Most likely they are coming from insecurity. She doesn't feel secure that her passion loves her back and thus she lashes out in a violent manner.

If you want her to grow you can always work on her maturity level and/or how secure she feels in her relationship. Or vice versa - make her accept the current state of affairs and let go instead.

Granted both of these direction will make her quite different from what she had started from
Well, I have a little background done but I think that is a good idea, good advice thanks

The male character should start doing things, so insane from his failing sanity that it scares the yandere. This makes her begin to question her own decisions and thought processes. She then has a turn to be the rational one for a while. I would go for a story with 2 heavily traumatized people fighting insanity and ultimately getting together in a healthy manner.
Well, the story is about action, so obviously, the protagonist already knew how to fight from the beginning. As for the Yandere, I did not mean that she changes her way of acting for fear of physical damage, I thought that she is afraid that herself will break the trust that the protagonist gave her. Or something like that at least

*Already has a story which OP describes*

Uhh... There are multiple ways you can write this off but mainly depends on the dynamic between the MC and the heroine. Now, I think the easiest way for a yandere to change is to make the MC be hurt a lot and what I mean is that he really needs to be hurt a lot. As for why? because a yandere's basic instinct is mostly to care for her target which is the MC. You have to make the MC feel protective of the yandere to see the changes in her to slowly become normal.

Another thing is when the yandere isn't protective of the MC, which means the MC will have to be more strong willed. Like when a yandere is about to hurt someone, he needs to step in and protect someone while scolding her. Added bonus if you do the carrot and stick tactic of teaching her slowly whats right and wrong. This will work if the MC can read a yandere's mind so its best if the MC is the observant type.

I could go in more detail but I'm kinda lazy so I'll give you a few of these since its just a basic guide for taming a yandere.
The first advice, because he planned that only the girl would be a Yandere and the protagonist would be a normal person. Although it is okay that she wants to protect him from any harm.

The second on the other hand is pretty good the truth. Make Mc can see that she can change how she behaves in subtle ways. Besides that he is the one who protects the other people that the yandere would hurt but he does not want. I think that could help a lot, thanks

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
The first advice, because he planned that only the girl would be a Yandere and the protagonist would be a normal person. Although it is okay that she wants to protect him from any harm.

The second on the other hand is pretty good the truth. Make Mc can see that she can change how she behaves in subtle ways. Besides that he is the one who protects the other people that the yandere would hurt but he does not want. I think that could help a lot, thanks

So Normal MC? So the options got a bit thinner but it does cut off some search areas to make it easier for me to give advice on.

Well, since its a normal MC, one would be a straightforward guy as in he would literally beat the yandere outta him. Like, when she started acting crazy and violent, give equal serving by beating the sense outta her. A quick and easy approach to tame a yandere.

Another would be the advance observant MC in which he is smarter than normal MCs and deceits the yandere in doing good instead of being violent. If you good with writing psychological things, pick this one as it helps out develop characters through logic and rationality.

For now, this is my point since you kinda replied to me and you kinda lowered my search range.

Malonymous

Well the first one if I was watching it when it was on display, but I stopped seeing it just when it was revealed that she was part of the problem. Although the truth if she had planned that the porter had to work with her to get ahead.
Well, it's not easy being the yandere queen :blob_wink:

One more thing: IMO the most compelling yanderes have a reason for being yanderes, usually from some kind of horrific past trauma. The protagonist could help her ultimately overcome that trauma, so her character develops to be less yan and more dere for that happy ending. Just an idea~

Last edited:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
I dunno if it is me, but I feel like almost everyone is talking about how the protagonist has to fix/affect/heal/change yandere.

I mean what gives? can't she do the changing herself? The protagonist can help but don't write her as a prop that needs to be worked on, write her as a character.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Im planning to do a similar thing with my current novel though... I look forward to seeing this, OP!