Writers, keep a journal for your ideas.

Tblew

the thing about it was, when i have a good idea, it sometimes becomes so boring when i write them down. and if it's boring, i'd rather not force myself to write.

so i just spend a lot of time organizing my thoughts and exploring these ideas before writing them, if they're worth it.

while not all of them will make me want to write it to its end, i do feel it's a fun process, especially the exploration of ideas, not just whether it works or not.
Relatable. I don't think it's worth the time to write them down either. The ideas that stick in my head, and wind up in my dreams weeks, even months later, are the ones I grab a notepad for.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I have a journal of story ideas on my Discord. I have 6 story ideas as of right now.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
My muse ambushes me every night when I'm trying to sleep. I haven't learned my lesson about telling her 'yeah yeah, I'll remember it in the morning', being too lazy to get up and get the notebook, so now she gives me small-scene dreams, that I do remember.
Every morning I have a new little bit of the puzzle sorted. If I could send her birthday card and cake for all this, I would.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
In my opinion, if an idea can't survive my horrifically bad memory for at least a month, it isn't a worthy idea. But I can certainly see the use in writing stuff down, I'm just weird like that.

FiendsForHire

I keep a notepad by my bed because all my best ideas come when I'm trying to fall asleep