Writing Prompt

Veneko

Volts x Amperes. As an electrical engineer, this is the way.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
O' the Great Pillar, how warm and mezmerising your light is. From the glided cage to protect yourself from us lowly forms, to your never ending retributions to smite us from flying too close. And yet we yearn for you, come close to you...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
noooo you can't come near us we're built to keep you apart as insects with years of genes passed before your ancestors you should have the self preservation to avoid us why are you stupid and like this our light is supposed to ward you away we are the bane of your existence why are you coming towards us you brainlets

haha light go bzzz

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
It was warm and fluffy and a bit fiery. So I flew onwards. That's when I realized why my moth friends warned me about don't play with fire.

Zap...

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Let there be light!

*ZAP!*

I became a believer with all my limbs raised to the heavens as I lost consciousness forever.

Gale

Day 1 of exploring the stone forest. Our forefathers were right: it's a filthy, inhospitable place, but it's crawling with giants. More than I've ever seen before. Alto is ecstatic, and I can't blame him. It's everything we ever wanted. Bika is confident, too: she's been watching them, and she says they're far too slow to pose a threat. We just need to stay on our toes, and stay out of their way. They're big, but they're lazy. No problem.

Ciceri isn't so sure. She's worried. There's something wrong, here, she's sure of it. I try to ignore her. She's always been a worrywart.

Day 4. Alto is gone. I don't know where he went. Bika said he was talking about... I dunno, some kind of hub for the giants? They couldn't have caught him, right? There's no way. He's faster than any of us. Ciceri keeps muttering about a light, but I don't care. She can have her rats. I'm going with Bika tomorrow. We'll find him. No problem.

Day 5. I don't understand. She just vanished. We only split up for a few minutes. She said she was going to follow that group of giants for a bit, to see if they could lead her to that hub Alto mentioned, and then... Nothing. She never came back. Ciceri is inconsolable. It's annoying. I know they were close, but Bika's a big girl. She can take care of herself. Ciceri says she's going to come with me, tomorrow, when we search. Fine, whatever. She better not slow me down.

Day 6. We found it. The hub. This must be it. Every night, the giants flock to this place. Sitting around, drinking that bitter nectar from those metal flowers. Ciceri wandered off by herself: she muttered something about a light, and went towards the back. I don't care. I just need to find Alto and Bika.

Day 7. She didn't come back. I'm going to look for her tomorrow. I don't like being alone.

Day 8. The light. Oh god, the light. I grabbed Ciceri and ran as soon as I saw it. The light drew me in, but the smell. Just... the stench of death. We can't go back there. Ciceri won't stop struggling. She wants to go back. So do I, but... we can't. We can't. We just can't.

Day 9. It's a pillar. That's what it is. A pillar of light. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Ciceri won't calm down, and... and neither can I. I want to touch it, but...

I saw them. Alto. Bika. They were there. At the base of the pillar. Twisted beyond recognition, but it was them. And the smell. Oh, no.

Day 10. The light is kind. The light forgives. The light is all. That's what she's been saying. Over and over again. Constantly. She won't leave. She just stares at that damned pillar all day. So do I. The light is kind. No, no. Alto, Bika. We can't leave them here, in that damned light. The light forgives. They deserved better. I keep looking at them. I keep trying to look at them, but the light... I can't help it. I just keep staring at it. The light is all.

Day 11. The light is not kind. Ciceri, why...

Day 15. The light is kind. The light forgives. The light is all. The light is kind. The light forgives. The light is all. The light is kind. The light forgives. The light is all.

The light will make me whole.