Wtf is the checkmark

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
From the time I've been here I still don't know what the fuck the checkmark does. I can make it go to other chapters though...

Attachments

• Screenshot (952).png
    Screenshot (952).png
    622 KB · Views: 95

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Oh, it marks your progress on your reading list. It's the "bookmark" feature

DarkeReises

1642988006904.png

It's the same as that button, you can just do it from the Table of Contents, or while on the home page that has recent releases
I think it's some kind of manual bookmark
That's exactly it. I don't use the auto-bookmark feature, but I usually don't use the table of contents for bookmarking, since I bookmark as I read obv. But if someone ever wanted to, it's there.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
View attachment 11756
It's the same as that button, you can just do it from the Table of Contents, or while on the home page that has recent releases

That's exactly it. I don't use the auto-bookmark feature, but I usually don't use the table of contents for bookmarking, since I bookmark as I read obv. But if someone ever wanted to, it's there.
Oo, I always got to TOC to bookmark while thinking "why is it so hard for me to label my latest read chapter?"

DarkeReises

Oo, I always got to TOC to bookmark while thinking "why is it so hard for me to label my latest read chapter?"
If you don't want to bother doing that, in the reading list options I think you can enable auto-bookmarking, where it'll do it for you if you're on the chapter for a set amount of time, that I believe you can change. I don't use it cause I'd rather just make sure I actually bookmark it. Guess it's a little bit of irrational paranoia, but whatever.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
From the time I've been here I still don't know what the fuck the checkmark does. I can make it go to other chapters though...
That’s to mark how far you read into a book. It’s a chapter marker. Literally no one uses it

Kenjona

I usually end up using it because I hit the wrong key on my phone and I end up at a previously read chapter which gets auto bookmarked. Instead of slogging through 2 or more chapters to reset the book mark to the page I am on, I go to the Table of Content page and check where I am at.

For the 5%! UP 5%! Chaaaarrggeee!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
That’s to mark how far you read into a book. It’s a chapter marker. Literally no one uses it
I use it! ^^)/

Most people that come from NU are probably pretty used to using it too btw, since like, there is no button within the chapters themselves to save your new bookmarks because the chapters are in a different site and stuff~

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
The marker is useful for authors, because it shows their reader's progresses on the story.

for my TLNs, the readers use the bookmark feature a loooot.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, since you already got your answer, just like this comment to increase my reaction score

DarkeReises

If you fold a corner on your book, I am calling you a monster.
I recently started getting physical copies of light novels, and I have no bookmarks. My first few books were hard cover, so they had the cover sleeve that had the cover art and stuff on it, and I used the part that went inside the book to mark my page. Usually read them in one or two sittings, so it was fine. My recent series acquisition is paperback, however, and I still have no bookmarks and I don't want to damage my books, so ofc im not gonna fold the pagecorners. As you said, only monsters do that.

This was my solution. It's a health-tracker from a card game I have (Epic Spell Wars, great game). Tho I do also keep my progress on NU as I read, but that won't help with page numbers lol

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I recently started getting physical copies of light novels, and I have no bookmarks. My first few books were hard cover, so they had the cover sleeve that had the cover art and stuff on it, and I used the part that went inside the book to mark my page. Usually read them in one or two sittings, so it was fine. My recent series acquisition is paperback, however, and I still have no bookmarks and I don't want to damage my books, so ofc im not gonna fold the pagecorners. As you said, only monsters do that.

This was my solution. It's a health-tracker from a card game I have (Epic Spell Wars, great game). Tho I do also keep my progress on NU as I read, but that won't help with page numbers lol
World End :blob_aww::blob_aww:, you have some fine taste.

Agentt

Thighs

World End :blob_aww::blob_aww:, you have some fine taste.
Indeed, I was just about to comment that. Even the title brings a wave of sadness after you read it.

Clap for Dark to support the author.