Writing Prompt You are playing your favourite game but your character gets summoned to another world before your eyes.

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
You are playing a game that involves the use of characters/avatars (rules out games like tetris, candy crush etc) and after a flash of light your see a warning message on your screen about corrupted data or invalid login etc. no matter what you do, you can no longer continue to play the game. too bad, so sad. :p

meanwhile in another time and place, your character appears and starts out on their own journey to make sense of things.

they possess broken fragments of your memories.

D

Deleted member 5560

Considering I model most of my characters in games with character creators after my OCs... and most of my OCs are blood psychopaths...

I got this creeping feeling they'd do just fine.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
.....So, my character would also inherit my luck and other stuff?

So, it would be like 'My character disappeared but there was a video of my character's life recorded on Youtube'.

Its like that but there was a mysterios youtuber who uploaded a videos of my character's life which became trending on the earth.

mrsimple

Writer
I will take this under consideration, but I may write it after I finish your challenge. My mind is...

DaoFox

haha, I got this prompt idea from "Maou-sama retry". where it seems that instead of summoning the player, it summoned the game character with parts of the players memory. as a result the characters is entirely genuine and acts based on the players RP until the summoning. doesn't have to be dark, doesn't even have to link back to earth, I just find it funny to take away a persons favourite game for life because of a fluke xD

though watching the highlights of your characters life in another world through youtube videos sounds amusing.

mrsimple

Writer
Ah, that kinda reminds me of the concept I had of the Tabletop RP Characters experiencing their adventure... and then the scenario when one of the players decided to switch what up the character they were playing, but didn't bother with another character sheet. Just erased and wrote down new information. :blob_paint:

I think it was supposed to be a new player trying things out for the first time and deciding whoever it was wasn't wholly into the what the RP group decided they should play as. Then this newbie chose to try out another race and party role. I think it was going from a physical class of warrior to a field of magic. :blob_hmm_two:

And this is being done while the mentioned character experienced going through the transition. Their adventuring party acted like there was nothing wrong. Except when the transitioned character brought up a mysterious topic on how they accomplished past deeds in their last session as they were now. :blob_hmm:

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
That poor world ...
I'm sure my avatar would try to conquer the world with overwhelming power and subterfuge to bring about world peace and utopia, but somewhere along the way they would fall deeper and deeper into corruption and be tempted by pure degeneracy. From saviour to madness. They would eventually commit suicide intentionally or by accident.

BlueDream

Would become a funny prompt if someone’s heartless, strong warrior in a RPG got transported into a super lighthearted game like Animal crossing or a restaurant management sim without death and killing. Then he goes, “Well, this is my life now,” as he recalls about murdering monsters while intensely frying noodles.

“Now that my no. 1 ranking in the arena is gone, I guess I’ll have to be the best mayor in the country.”

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
it'd be either funny or just dang sad depending on the world it's sent to

my fav chara is a fast car with an unbreakable shell and unlimited fuel

i guess it either commits roadkill or becomes the Boomer Falcon or whatever fantasy folks see of automobiles

it'd lead the first industrial revolution in Mordor for all we know

DaoFox

Nice to see some fresh takes for this prompt appear. I still think the concept is good and worth a try but it's been so long since I wrote anything similar to this that I would cringe from 8th grade flashbacks mid-sentence XD