You get reincarnated into... a completely normal tournament?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Character that got reincarnate doesn't know how to fight and is actually terrified of entering into any sort of combat.

They'll then try to find a way to forfeit the tournament, only to realize that they desperately wanted to win the tournament because of family issues or something like it... So there would be a conflict within the original personality of the body, and the reincarnated personality that awoke just now. One that needs to win the tournament, while the other is terrified of fighting.

It would be a short introspective story where one person debates with themselves about what is the best thing they can do for themselves, their family, and their new dilemma of having two separate personalities in the same body.

I think the ending of it would be that the main character would try fighting in the tournament for even though they're terrified of fighting, they can understand why it is important for the tournament to be fought, and why they registered for it in the first place... And then they'd lose, not gaining anything.

And now, they'd need to find a new solution to their previous issue, but now with two heads instead of one working on it.

Edit: Seems like most of the replies are talking about how things would go like if the person writing the reply was reincarnated, as opposed to thinking of it as a writing prompt, so I figured I'd try it out myself.

Mmmmmmmmm... It's actually kinda hard to think about it? I mean... I'd forfeit the tournament on the spot if I was the only person involved, but... What are the circumstances? I mean... If I got past life memories right before the tournament started, then there would be a whole different personality that controlled my body and with a completely different thought-process than mine.

Assuming I am in complete control of the body and have no conflict with the previous personality whatsoever, my decision would probably be based mainly on what my own morals are and what are the circumstances of the previous personality... Because well, if past-me got into the tournament just for greed, I'd easily forfeit it... but if there is an important reason to be there, I dunno how I would act.

I can't imagine myself ever fighting with anyone for real, much less putting myself in a fight where I can actually get hurt hard... I just... Can't really see myself doing it at all, it feels impossible.

But I can't simply ignore the needs of the me of this new life, nor of the relationships that this new me has... It's just... Well, hard to think about what I'd do in a purely theoretical scenario.

My first instinct would still be to flee the tournament and only fight it if there was no other option available though... And I'd definitely search as much as I could for a different option.

... In the end this got pretty close to my original answer I guess, but still different enough in its own right, I suppose~

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'll spend all my time pursuing love interests, not just as a side thing.
This bitch is playing POKÉMON in a tournament arc god damn

That tournament is just a stepping stone for me to sell my clothes! I'll wear fabulous clothing and POW WOW I'll be top designer in that Wuxia setting after a while! Every tournament I go to, I'll make and wear something different, maybe of mystical beast hide, maybe of bark of magic tree... omg... I might "invent" frills and lace there too and become famous, omg.... :blob_drool:
People are literally doing everything BUT fighting in these tournament arcs jesus christ

vzymmer

When I read the title, I thought it was going to be a literal boring tournament, like a staring contest. But even then, I think you can make an intense staring contest of the likes never seen. It's all about perspective.

I think a boring fighting tournment would be an actual fighting tournament, like in real life. No super special powers, no overly steroid monstricity of athletes, just regular people with exceptional skill fighting based on rules. So yeah, I'd end up reincarnated into the real world apparently, which would be a better alternative to right now since, if I'm am going to join a fighting tournament, then I'd be reincarnated into a buff guy or something. Way better than me right now.
Have you not seen a fight between master swordsmen?
Even if its RL its epic to watch highspeed fights.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Well... I'll fight, win, raise the trophy high in the air and kiss the commisioner's head for a fair and normal tournament. Then, i'll go home to my room at an inn or pub and order pizza

i don't like fighting, unless it's actually passionate sex and the participants are all cute girls or futanari that are pretty wholesome.

i'll just be my futa character and enjoy myself on the stage. maybe off stage we can go on dates and do lots of shameless things.

probably don't give a fuck about any wish as long i got to bang them.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
i don't like fighting, unless it's actually passionate sex and the participants are all cute girls or futanari that are pretty wholesome.

i'll just be my futa character and enjoy myself on the stage. maybe off stage we can go on dates and do lots of shameless things.

probably don't give a fuck about any wish as long i got to bang them.
Its a hentai tournament now?

D

Deleted member 26725

There is no secret organization with a nefarious agenda, no evil cults who show up at the last minute to crash the party, no hidden villains who try to ruin your day or steal your pokemans. Nope, it's literally just a plain ol' fighting tournament that you're signed up for in the world you get reincarnated into.
You can choose your magic powers and fighting skills, and you'll get lots of money or a wish if you win, but other than that, how do you make your story interesting?

Do you pursue love interest(s) on the side?
Is the tournament just a stepping stone to something even bigger?
Or... do you become the villain of the story and do whatever it takes to win?

It really is just a 'normal' fighting tournament with none of the usual tournament tropes and absolutely no twists! (At least, no twists of its own...)
The first thing that came on my mind was something like the Roman Colosseum

melbisbelbis

Is it too much to become a villain for the sake of creating chaos? There’s gotta be a villain if you want a hero.