You have deleted chapters or series in your bookmarks?

Friend

... well am I? or not?
As the title. Basically I am curious if you ever pare down your favorites or bookmarks, clearing away the virtual cobwebs.

The 'optimizer' in me likes neat, tidy reader lists. If say for example Tony deletes a story or an author deletes their story ... if it's not coming back at that same URL, what's the purpose of keeping dead links?

So. I am figuring, based upon a logical approach, quite a few stories' pages are still being remembered even if the literal stories no longer exist. And I have my own analytical process for handling them.

Part one is the most likely possibility; a whole story got canned, for whatever reason. It's not coming back into the same website folder, SH and other sites don't recycle old webpages for new stories; it's just not practical. (I presume at least.) Eh ... so deleted story means I delete the fav or bookmark out of the practical concern. It would be a separate issue if the same author recreated a novel with the same name as something previously deleted, which I would judge on a case by case basis my further interest.

Part two is just trying to see if the story itself still exists but the fav or bookmark references a deleted chapter. I know this is more likely I haven't kept up with a story but in the interim the author deleted the chapter noted, whether or not future chapters come after this point. In this case I'll decide if I'm interested in the story. If so, I'll consider starting over until caught up; if not, off with its head! lol

... anyway. I've been curious when I glance through some profiles and see some long runs of 'deleted' this or that. For me, the max I had was maybe 3 deletions, not sure if I'm remembering SH or RR but my routine would be the same regardless. Tell me, if you feel like sharing the embarrassment among friends -- what's the maximum count of deletions in your favorites or bookmarks?

Last edited:

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
One at any given time. I spend enough time keeping my reading list organized that cleaning happens naturally.

I use four separate lists:
  • A general reading list
  • A list for books that are likely "dead" (permanent hiatus)
  • A list for books that I am not sure about, but sounded interesting
  • A list for books that I will read in batches once some comes through and edits them to actually be readable.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Sometimes i find them when i do housekeeping on my lists, though most of the time deleted novels are on my shit list or on my hiatus list.

i think my biggest single batch of deletions was about 8 at once.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
also if they upload on other site atleast you will know the name of story and would know who the author of story was
also this shit happens.

"Sorry due to some Real life problems, I have to delete it. My parents caught me writing at night and forced me to delete it. Don't worry I will be writing another novel 'Monarch of shadows' with a different account soon."

So when shit like this happens you can see it after you click his profile.

So when you click on author of novel you can see what he has to say and his reasons. If it simply disappeared you won't be able to contact author or see if he made other work

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I do monthly updates. There was a time where I uploaded at 1st January and 23rd February. In between, I stalked my usual readers and found one of them putting my novel on a hiatus list.

I felt like a disappointing hermit after that.

RyreGruel

I moved all of the deleted stories in my reading lists to an aptly named ‘I didn’t even get a chance’ reading list because literally all of them have been stories I had in my possibilities list. It’s the graveyard for stories I showed some interest in and now don’t even know what I was interested in them about.

Xobotun

I have a set of reading lists similar to @Piisfun:

* Standard `reading` list with the stories I read as soon as a new chapter comes out and stories I "actively" read.
Like "The 7th Demon Lord" I have finished the 1st volume of a year ago, but still haven't saved enough time to read it up until the very end of the 2nd volume and, subsequently, to the end of the story.

* List of books I've `finished`. These are the books I really finished or the author has declared they won't write anymore, and I've gobbled up the last chapter.
Notably enough, there is "The 1.000 year Great Sage" which I recall as finished, but it says my progress is "186 (Deleted) / 6". Doh. So much for the cloud storage.

* `Queued` reading list. This one has stories I've taken liking towards and plan to start reading someday, or the stories I haven't been reading for so long I barely remember what they are about and who the MC is, but nevertheless plan to restart finishing them someday.
Sadly, some of them has actually gone deleted and I don't remember what are they about. :/

* `Postponed` list. Actually, it's half the novels I don't want to read anymore, but don't want to lose my progress just in case. And half the novels that were on a hiatus, but were promised to be updated someday.
Wellm I have forgotten about this list...

* Finally, the `dead` list. Five actually deleted novels and fourteen of them that haven't been updated ever since I read the latest chapter. And no the author never told they were going on a hiatus or there is no distinct release schedule like twice a month. They were released on a weekly or daily bases — and a year ot half a year of silence.
Notably, I have another novel there that I was reading an unedited version of — but the author has decided to delete the previous stuff and write the story anew, with different plot. So it's basically a new story under the old name and I have the old story in this list, not the new one.

So, yeah, I have this kind of list. :D

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't think I've had any deletions yet. Then again, I haven't been reading much here because I prefer reading on sites where I can get points for leaving reviews 😇

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
The only story I deleted off my reading list was my own. I accidentally hit the little square button beside my story in the recently published list a few days ago, and it said I read 72/72 of my story. Well, I’d hope so since I wrote it xD
But yeah—no point keeping it in my reading list when it’s already living in my head.